Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,861 members, 7,824,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns (34522 Views)

I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / I Won’t Dance Unclad In Village Over Adultery – Wife Tells Court, Seeks Divorce / 15-year Old Marriage Collapses As Husband & Wife Engage In Alleged Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by CheapHomes1: 10:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
BloomingDale:
Wives, time to start gathering evidence and reporting your husbands. Two years jail time for each woman they sleep with. Spread the good news.

While the man is serving his two year jail term, what will the wife be doing? Will she not start playing away match?

1 Like

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by NessFortunate: 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/adultery-can-land-you-two-years-of-imprisonment-police-superintendent/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

it is only if/when the woman admit that indeed the man made love to her thats when a case can be instituted, even at that, a man can still deny that he didn't do the do, what evidence can the woman tender in such scenario outside video recording? My wife could have sex with John Doe in his house, and she and John might deny that it never happened what are my chances? Abeg we should be enacting laws to send our common enemies the looters to jail. Not this RAT RACE WE DOING.

1 Like

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by SeriouslySense(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
smiley Exactly.
Potteeya:
Impossicant

Nigeria is not an Islamic caliphate
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by harmony75: 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
Really good! then, charity begins at home let's start with the policemen I hear una no dey responsible in this aspects!

1 Like

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Mrtaye: 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
post=114393905:
BEtter SAY NO TO ADULTERY when you get married.

Lol cheesy
And dem love you too.
It's a misplacement of priority,how can the archaic penal code be applicable to the west where statute supercedes...so fun loving adults can't socialize freely or is that the way it's been done in America too... please don't bring the talibanic code to the west because the west is too civilized for that... questions need to be asked as in was it rape or under duress or coercion if not then it's null and void ab initio
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
What he forgot to add is that the Penal Code only applies to Northern Nigeria and it is very Shari'a centric.

The relevant statute for Southern Nigeria is the Criminal Code.

The Penal Code allows husbands to beat their wives as a form of correction in the same way that a father beats his children or a teacher disciplines a pupil.

Section 55(1)(d) of the Penal Code of Northern Nigeria provides that an assault by a man on a woman is not an offense if they are married, if native law or custom recognizes such “correction” as lawful and if there is no grievous hurt.

Section 55 of the Penal Code is actually titled:

Correction of Child, Pupil, Servant or Wife
Oga you didn't tell us what the criminal code says about adultery, you instead started ranting about other matters not asked of you
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Loverboi2cute(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
saintruky:
Police is not an authority...

TAKE ONE... NWANNE

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by EmmaLege: 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
This one go make sense grin
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
@ rickleye

So what were you saying the other day again? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Trueprophet91: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
I see multitudes going to prison. Both men and women!

My eyes are seeing and my ears are hearing
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Sleekfingers: 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/adultery-can-land-you-two-years-of-imprisonment-police-superintendent/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Make una come arrest me na.....so na only my wife toto I go dey Bleep abi? This life is too short to be shining only one toto.....na thunder go fire that your mouth there .....
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by saintruky(m): 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Loverboi2cute:

TAKE ONE... NWANNE

Obob i need am o... Mortuary standard chilled... Thanks bo

1 Like

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by MarketDispatch: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
There is no crime in all of Nigeria known as Adultery. Full stop. Now let me break it down because this is a field I practice:

1. The offence of adultery is applicable to the states in Nigeria that adopted the Penal code ( I will not discuss the basis of this law so as not to convulate issues).
Same as the punishment in law known as Haadi Lashing.

2. The states in Nigeria that adopted d criminal code, do not have such offence.

3. This means if I reside in nigeria, in a state that adopted the criminal code, I can never be prosecuted for a crime of adultery. Full stop.

4. I would refrain from addressing the US/European reference but I know my brother would enjoy a discussion Abt that so here goes: A criminal offence, is totally different from a civil cause of action. So we need to make a distinction. What offends the jurisprudence of a country as a whole, is codified as a crime and hence criminal. Sometimes this is the same as what may offend an individual. However, there are certain acts or inactions that may offend an individual alone but do not offend the state/country. Those are civil cause of action that may give rise to a civil claim on whatever basis.
This is the basis of adultery as a ground for divorce in states that adopt d criminal code , US/Europe etc:, when 2 people make promises of fidelity to each other & one reneges by breaking d promise thru adultery( or any number of other reasons as stipulated under the matrimonial causes Act), the aggrieved party may assert his/her individual rights under that promise, by seeking a divorce.
It is not regarded as an offence against the state.
Just trying to view these things from a lawyers perspective.
Law is different from morals.

*Copied

2 Likes

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by FireUpNow(m): 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
And some senior police officers dey knack other people's wives who are their junior in the office or Division. So wetin come happen to dem?
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Burgerlomo: 11:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
It can't work because most married men and women in Naija and adultery are 5 & 6 including those ones in uniform
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Bigchristo22(m): 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

The police is very stupid for weighing such energy into enforcing law on adultery while they can’t secure the lives of the citizens of this country, they should start by protecting lives before this very one can follow

1 Like

Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Panda7(m): 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
most of this laws are important and should be integrated into the law to help keep the society in check.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Microwhy: 12:32am On Jul 04, 2022
Potteeya:
Impossicant

Nigeria is not an Islamic caliphate
Even at that, is it not a good law?
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by izibili44: 12:35am On Jul 04, 2022
Husband do same. Nigeria my country.quote author=BloomingDale post=114392960]Wives, time to start gathering evidence and reporting your husbands. Two years jail time for each woman they sleep with. Spread the good news.[/quote]
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Andrea781: 12:56am On Jul 04, 2022
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by t2luv1: 1:08am On Jul 04, 2022
waynejesus:
I don knack person wey i no go Marry today

Maybe to her also the feelings were mutual. Ever thought of that? You might have been nothing but a side piece to her
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Emmanuel909090: 1:25am On Jul 04, 2022
So pastors will conduct service from jail
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by waleolaniyan: 1:28am On Jul 04, 2022
It's a penal code under sharia. Applicable only in the North under Emirates where they practice it before amalgamation of 1914
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by rickleye: 2:35am On Jul 04, 2022
Savourt:
@ rickleye

So what were you saying the other day again? grin grin

Per offence or concurrent . Anyhoo!
This is one of those laws that should be a fine. I mean the prisons are overflowing with people. What benefit does incarcerating 2 people who have consensual sex do ?
A good 60% of men have side chick. Live and let live o jare. There are worse things than Adultery to deal with.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Joe4real1988(m): 2:43am On Jul 04, 2022
Our women are in trouble shocked shocked
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Lighthouse50: 2:52am On Jul 04, 2022
Men Ke? Dont forget its for both gender
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by sylve11: 3:06am On Jul 04, 2022
Adeteyas:
What a useless police force

I tell you. embarassed cool
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by bigcasava1(m): 4:18am On Jul 04, 2022
The court of law will interpret it for us when the time comes.
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Carter4luv(m): 4:25am On Jul 04, 2022
Let those who fix these law who has not bleeped up come out and raise their hands. Hypocrites
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by Chynx(m): 5:18am On Jul 04, 2022
BloomingDale:
Wives, time to start gathering evidence and reporting your husbands. Two years jail time for each woman they sleep with. Spread the good news.

You forgot the part that Penal code also allows men to beat their wives? �����
Re: Adultery Can Land You Two Years Of Imprisonment — Police Superintendent Warns by MatrixCircle: 5:47am On Jul 04, 2022
Even the Police superintendent should be in jail because committing adultery in Nigeria is like 5&6.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner / Man Bathes His Wife, Cooks For Her During Her Postpartum Recovery (Pix, Video) / My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.