Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,382 members, 7,846,618 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Can Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji, Correct The Injustice Against The Ohuhu People? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji, Correct The Injustice Against The Ohuhu People? (227 Views)

Former Abia Speaker Chinedum Orji Officially Joins APC (Photos) / Chinedum Orji: Orji Kalu, My Dad, Gov Ikpeazu And I / Chinedum Orji 'Ikuku' Elected Speaker In Abia (Ex Governor Theodore Orji's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji, Correct The Injustice Against The Ohuhu People? by Naijafrontpage: 11:22am On Jul 04, 2022
Can Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji, Correct The Injustice Against The Ohuhu People?

By Uche Aguoru

Over time Ikwuano/Umuahia has been a brotherly federal constituency with an unwritten understanding of how we share our representative seat at the federal and state levels with the aim of attracting even infrastructural, social, and economic development evenly across all the LGA,s.

lest we forget, the three LGA,s of Umuahia North/South and Ikwuano were the makeup of the then Odida Anyanwu district council, and so we have always been one from the days of the eastern region under the premiership of Dr. M.I. Okpara of blessed memory.

In Umuahia North Local Government Area, Ohuhu and Ibeku under a commonality of an unwritten understanding have shared political positions both elected or on appointments as brothers, though there are feelers that it has always been lopsided, the truth is that we have always had and kept to that understanding till date.

In Ikwuano/Umuahia federal constituency seat, Ohuhu had always given their full support to all those who represented us at the green chambers from 1999 till date, but it is shocking that Ohuhu does not have any project attracted by any of the representatives and sited in Ohuhu to the credit of any of these representatives past and present.

I, often come across people coming on social media to praise and thank Rt. Hon. Sloddy Adaelu, Ben Kalu, Nkeiruka Onyejeocha, Darlington Nwokocha, late Ossy Prestige, Nnenna Ukeje, Uko Nkole, and other Rep members for helping them to secure federal jobs, I have never seen anybody from Ohuhu who can lay claim to having gotten such job opportunities courtesy of our Rep members past and present despite our support.

In july 2017, my village, Amaogwugwu, and other surrounding communities in Ohuhu were flooded, houses, farmlands, schools, and churches were submerged, businesses and people’s livelihoods were lost, and our Representative Hon. Sam Onuigbo never cared to visit, it wasn’t necessary, afterall we have sent him videos, the properties and the lives of the people are not necessary, they are Ohuhu people, and their welfare doesn’t matter.

None of them despite enjoying our broadbased support, during their campaigning and also our votes have ever considered any Ohuhu son or daughter worthy enough to be carried along for a position as common as that of a legislative aide.

Ohuhu usually gets neglected after the victory dance, we are immediately forgotten as soon as they take their seats in Abuja, and all the promises they made during campaigning will get canceled.

These are the main reasons why Ndi Ohuhu insisted on having their turn at the just concluded primaries of all the political parties, Ohuhu is PDP and the party has spoken through a free and fair primary election.

Rt. Hon. Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji, our brother, and friend won the party’s ticket and today he is the candidate of our great party for Ikwuano/Umuahia federal constituency seat, as usual, we will give him our support and vote, and God willing he will emerge victorious at the general elections, but will he have the courage and will power to correct the perceived injustices against Ndi Ohuhu?

I trust Ikuku to do the right thing, I expect him to right those perceived wrongs, I believe he will correct the imbalance, he will do better, and he will surely deliver, there is no doubt about that, but will he carry Ohuhu along?

We will be asking him questions when he comes, we will present our challenges, gully erosion, graduate unemployment, dilapidated school buildings, and nonfunctional primary health centers.

Yes we Will Ask Those hard Questions and make demands.

We will expect him not just to give a response but to correct the injustice.

Aguoru
Writes from Umuahia

Re: Can Rt. Hon. Chinedum Orji, Correct The Injustice Against The Ohuhu People? by Bobloco: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2022
grin

(1) (Reply)

They Are Jittery Coz De Masses Want Their Right, They Want To Accuse Peter Obi F / Our Youths , Let Start Asking The Right Questions ? / Buhari Presides FEC Meeting, Reshuffles And Swears In New Ministers (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.