Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,157 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? (3741 Views)

Weird Things Some Nigerian Ladies Do Just To Have Big & Firm Boobs / Nigerian Ladies And Tattoos / Nigerian Ladies And The Tatoo Craze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by TheBBF(f): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2011
Hi Ladies,

I am a hair and beauty fanatic and ever since I moved back to Lagos I've been on the quest for stores that sell quality products, Most especially hair products. I discovered a few years ago that African women were not doomed to have short hair, that our hair can actually grow. Since then I've been on a mission/war path,  grin to grow out my real hair and keep it healthy. I've been growing it for close to 3 years now and so far so good, I even set up a blog to help other Naija babes who needed help with their hair,  But how can I really help if I don't know where to get good products?

Anyway, I wanted to start this discussion to see if any of you had some input or just wanted to talk about haircare. I actually really want to help those who have hair issues, so lets get chatting. wink

www.blackbeautyfanatic.com
Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by queenesthr(f): 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2011
Which products are you referring to? If you mention the names, someone could know where they can be found.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by TheBBF(f): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
I am actually looking for a lot, lol but Let me start with conditioners.

I have looking everywhere for[b] Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor[/b], its a very good protein conditioner. I know some places sell items from the Aphogee line but I am yet to find the 2 minute reconstructor

Organic root stimulator replenishing conditioner

Queen Helen Cholesterol Conditioner

There are so many more things but I will settle with these for now. smiley Please if anyone knows where I can find these I would be soooooo grateful grin
Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by lorrieseneca: 7:16am On Jul 29, 2011
Shea butter contains vitamins A & E and F which help to keep the skin supple by hydrating it prevents wrinkling and improves its elasticity it even prevents stretch marks and acts as a mild sun-block protecting the skin from harmful UV rays  for the hair it can revitalize damaged hair lend luster and shine and very importantly it is non- comedienne.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by TheBBF(f): 11:08am On Jul 29, 2011
I agree Shea butter is very good for hair care. Its emollient and nourishing properties make hair soft an shiny. Look for moisturizers and creams that have Shea butter and other natural oils instead of mineral oil or petroleum

Avoid products like Pink Oil, and other mineral oil based products, as all they do is suffocate your scalp and hair.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by TheBBF(f): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
Does anyone know where to get s-curl activator moisturizer in Lagos? Thanks

Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by TheBBF(f): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2011
Ok, well I found the s-curl in one beauty supply store on Awolowo Rd in Ikoyi, and I have to say this is a fantastic moisturizer! It made my hair incredibly soft. I liked it so much I had to blog about it. lol. Anyway I really recommend this product as a daily moisturizer, especially if you have dry hair, and most of us do smiley.

I think the name of the store is called Total Beauty, I'm not sure, number 47 Awolowo rod sha.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by BeFine: 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
Hello. Does anyone know where to fin S-curl No Drip in Abuja? I've been looking everywhere but no luck. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Ladies Please Can We Discuss Hair? by XtremeBase(f): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2012
TheBBF: I am actually looking for a lot, lol but Let me start with conditioners.

I have looking everywhere for[b] Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor[/b], its a very good protein conditioner. I know some places sell items from the Aphogee line but I am yet to find the 2 minute reconstructor

Organic root stimulator replenishing conditioner

Queen Helen Cholesterol Conditioner

There are so many more things but I will settle with these for now. smiley Please if anyone knows where I can find these I would be soooooo grateful grin

I saw aphogee 2 mins C last year at a store Pretty Woman on Toyin street or Allen Ikeja. You could check them out.

(1) (Reply)

BEHOLD!!! The New IMO State Queen..as Cynthia Onyekachi Emerges As Miss IMO 2013 / How To Make Hair Removal Wax At Home / The New Balenciaga Sneakers Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.