Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface (2208 Views)

Shortlet Apartment For Your Reservation / Shortlet Apartment For Your Reservation / Complete Hotel Computerisation For Serious Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
READ TO THE END

Very basic and Simple explanation:
This is a hotel room management script that helps hotels manage their rooms, prevent over booking, eliminate fraud,automate the booking process, know how much the hotel made in a day, week,month and year.

a. A guest searches for availability of rooms for a specific range of dates on the website and makes a reservation.

The guest will have the option to pay for the room online or pay to the receptionist on arrival to the hotel.

b. The receptionist can check for a guest reservation details with the guests booking number, phone number, name or email.

c. The receptionist checks in the guest.

d. When the receptionist checks out the guest a notification is sent to the house keepers or cleaners to clean the room.

e. The admin and managers can see how many rooms was booked for the day, cancelled bookings, paid bookings, vacant rooms, occupied rooms, how much the receptionist made etc.

FULL DESCRIPTION

This is about a complete hotel room reservation system with the following subsections

1. Admin

2. Manager

3. Receptionist/front desk

4. House keepers

5. Guests.

THE ADMIN: so this is typically the IT guy in the hotel or the manager can play this role. He is responsible for creating users or adding staffs in the system. Below are the functions of the admin

a. Add/Edit/Delete staffs in the system. Staffs typically Includes a manager, receptionist,house-keeper and also an admin.

b. Add/Edit/Delete Rooms in the system. The admin can create rooms and room images based on the number of rooms in the hotel.

These rooms are what that is shown in the front page of the web app for guests to book. The room images, features and prices are set by the admin.

c. View and search for booking information. The admin can see all booking information for the day. He can also search and see a specific booking.

d. See how much money was realised for the day. How many booked rooms, vacant rooms, cancelled bookings, number of guests currently checked into the hotel etc.

THE MANAGER: so this guy just stays in his office with a cup of coffee to monitor things going on. The manager can only see the number of booked rooms,vacant rooms,cancelled bookings,check ins, how much that is realized for the day.

The manager have access to the makeup and refunds table. In cases where a customer needs to be refunded the manager takes care of it.

Refunds occur when a guest books a room online and pays for it. If for some reasons the guest cancels his reservation online or through the receptionist, the guest will be entitled to a refund.

Refunds also occur when a guest who have paid for his reservation edits his booking information and reduce the duration of his stay or changes his room to a room that costs less.

Makeup occurs when a guest extends the duration of his stay or changes to a more costly room.

The system is smart to capture these scenarios in the database and prompts the manager and receptionist for action.

THE RECEPTIONIST/FRONT DESK: So the receptionist is the guy or girl that stays at the entrance of the hotel with her fancy laptop or desktop and books room or check-in guests into the hotel.

The receptionist performs the following role in the system:

a. Books rooms for guests.

b. Search for guests information. A guest that made his reservation online can present his booking receipt or number to the receptionist. The receptionist types this number into the system and the booking information of the guest is revealed including his room number, check-in and check-out dates, room price, payment status etc.

c. Check-in guests.

d. Check-out guests.

e. Change guest rooms.

f. Cancel Reservations. Some reservation or bookings made online are not paid for. The receptionist can cancel these reservations in cases where there are available physical guests to pay for the room. An automatic email notification is sent to the guest who made the initial reservation about the cancellation of the reservation.

Etc

Once a receptionist checks out a guest, the room status will be updated which prompts the house keepers to take action and clean the room.

THE HOUSE KEEPERS: these are people that typically takes care and clean the hotel rooms. The house keepers have the following role in system:

a. Cleaning rooms in preparation for guests check-in.

b. Reporting damaged item in the room. Note that this process is automatic and done on the house keeping dashboard. Once an item is reported as faulty in a room, the room status changes and the receptionist, manager and admin are automatically informed prompting them to take action.

c. Update room status. When the receptionist checks-out a guest, the room status automatically changes to Vacant, unclean.

The house-keepers are automatically notified to clean the room and prepare it for the next guest.

Once the house-keeper is done with cleaning the room, he will update the room status to Vacant, clean. The receptionist is automatically notified of this changes and can check-in guests to into vacant clean rooms.

So the system syncs everything to make sure the guest is checked in to ready clean rooms. The house keeper is notified when a room is vacant and needs cleaning.

THE GUEST: I don't know if to call this a section but this is just the front page of the hotel website where people can check availability and book rooms.

The guest have an option to pay for reservation online or pay on arrival. Once the booking is done an automatic email is sent to the guest which contains the booking information and booking number. The guest is also redirected to a page where he can print his booking receipt.

The guest can also can also search for his booking details with his booking number on the reservation page. On this page the guest can decide to pay for his reservation if he haven't paid, cancel his reservation, print his booking receipt, edit his booking by extending or reducing the duration of his stay.

There is an Android app for the guest to perform booking easily which comes with the package.

Note that there are lots of features that are not stated here. I developed this web app to help hotels in Nigeria manage their reservations and make it fraud proof. The admin and manager can see which room a particular receptionist booked (for big hotels with more than one receptionist), how much was made by the hotel in a day, week, month and year. The system is equipped with auditing abilities and graphs to show percentage earnings,profile , decline in earnings etc.

I can add more features on request by any client but this might come at an extra cost depending on what the client wants.

I have tutorials on how to use the system. This is particularly useful for hotels deploying this system to train their staffs on how to use the system.

Unfortunately the antispam bot banned me for posting the YouTube links to the tutorials. You can contact me to see the tutorials. my contact details are on my profile.

I am not particularly new to selling web apps here. I have sold and deployed real estate websites to few nairalanders here

checkout these monikers explorer250, JavaScript90, JavaScript9091

CONTINUE READING BELOW TO SEE LOGIN LINKS TO EACH SECTION

I will be updating this thread with video links and more information about this website. Built with PHP and JavaScript.

Contact me on 09061495389 WhatsApp preferably.

For hotels on low budget that have no provision for internet and want bookings to happen only with the receptionist, the script can be adapted to run just on the receptionist localhost.
Don't be afraid of the cost. I am very considerate.

Contact me on 09061495389

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2022
See demo here https://realestate.achieversclub.com.ng

This is why I have included the demo link for you guys to check things out yourself.

Login link with
https://realestate.achieversclub.com.ng/login

Use the details in the image below to log into the different sections.

Apart from guest and house keeping sections, other sections was designed to be used on a laptop or desktop. Use laptop for best experience

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by Mide3367: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
I have a suggestion. Whatsapp me 07015585967
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by JavaScript9091: 12:45am On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 10:51am On Jul 06, 2022
Spambot also banned my account for dropping login link and email for each section.

I might recreate this thread in the technology section.

pictures of hotel front page or guest section

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2022
Contact me for login details about this system. Post your question here or ask me directly on Whatsapp.

WhatsApp me for login details of each section so that you can see how things work for yourself and decide if this suitable for your hotel.

I am a freelance website and mobile app developer. Contact me for other web works.

guest section continued

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
some images from receptionist interface

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2022
receptionist continue

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
house keeping

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2022
manager or management section

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
manager cont

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by GardenOfGod(m): 6:33am On Jul 07, 2022
Impressive!
Would love to contact you for real business. Who manages the server? And the rest of the questions I need answers from, including legal agreement. Your WhatsApp number.
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Impressive!
Would love to contact you for real business. Who manages the server? And the rest of the questions I need answers from, including legal agreement. Your WhatsApp number.

Please click on my profile to access my WhatsApp number. The antispam bot is in the habit of banning me

1 Like

Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2022
There was a typo error on the demo link. I have corrected it. You can check the link again
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by mrsage(m): 10:01am On Jul 07, 2022
Nice
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
mrsage:
Nice

Thank you boss
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
Updated
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
More
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2022
Updated
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 4:17am On Jul 08, 2022
updated
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2022
Updated
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:52am On Jul 09, 2022
Checkout the links
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2022
Updated
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
More
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Updated
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
More
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2022
Updated
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2022
More
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Available
Re: Complete Hotel Room Reservation System With Receptionist Interface by ExplorerReturns(m): 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Contact me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Govt Land Scheme Which One Is The Best Deal? / Buy Burham Cement Direct 4m Factory @ #1800 Per Bag! / For your Building plans and Designs drawings in abuja and other state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.