Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Please I Need Help Urgently. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please I Need Help Urgently. (715 Views)

Please Somebody Help Urgently! / Pls Help(urgently!): Laptop Fails To Boot / Help Urgently! Error 734: The Ppp Control Protocol Was Terminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help Urgently. by easyman(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2007
Hey Guys, please i urgently need a solution to these problem: I am trying to install an OS on a PC but whenever it gets to Saving settings, it stops, that is it kind of hooks and nothing happens again. I have tried Win Xp SP1, SP2, and XP Unlimited, and they all give the same problem. The Unlimited does not even get to saving settings before it stops. I have changed the hard disk, but still the same problem, please help!
Re: Please I Need Help Urgently. by Maleeq(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2007
Is it a new system? Sometimes, stuffs like this happen when there's a fault with one or more of the devices on the system(motherboard)

Try disabling all but the immediately necessary devices from the BIOS, then re-attempt the installation process once more. If this succeeds, start enabling the devices one after the other and note the one that pops an error.
Re: Please I Need Help Urgently. by chrisoml(m): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2007
Sorry about that.

Just as @ Maleeq has said, try disabling devices from the BIOS.

Me, I once has this same problem in the past not until I changed my motherboard, that was when i was able to install my new OS completely. just try it. But one thing is that am not so sure your sys is a new sys if not i would have advice you go 4 a motherboard replacement.

wishing a good luck
Re: Please I Need Help Urgently. by easyman(m): 11:58am On Aug 14, 2007
Thanks alot guys, i will have to change the board coz i believe that is the problem afterall.
Thanks for being there.
Re: Please I Need Help Urgently. by jc2wallace: 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2007
you will have to format it and reload the XP. Use Xp for it. it will be successfuly .

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Brother Mfc 620 Cn Catridge? / What Software, Pls? / How Has Multilinks Internet Been With The New 200 Naira Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.