Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War (41156 Views)

Sergey Ryabkov: US-NATO Arms Convoys In Ukraine Legitimate Targets / Putin Warns US, NATO Not To Interfere Or Face Consequences / Russia Is Not Withdrawing From Ukraine But Building Up Troops - US, NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Szdorf: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:
Don't believe or trust Americans , they are masters in mind games.

US keep developing dangerous weapons without announcing or making details public.

Remember US annual defence budget is $750m annually while that of Russia is $56m , so what do you think America do with $750m defence budget annually ? Yeah building unclassified weapons.

Till this day no one knows the bomb US used in Hiroshima, not even the Russians can tell.

You don't know history, when American bombed Hiroshima , his only Russia d only country all over the world mentioned the name of the bomb as per the time say Atomic bomb due to the formula of it mushroom explosion
Don't ever and never underated Russia even United States of America can not underated them today

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Jeromejnr(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2022
Dscop:

Biitch your narrative is everyone in US is struggling and in debt? grin Lemme guess, because all you did was washing toilets and using your friend's social security to flip burgers at Mickie D you think everyone is a failure like you? grin

You see some of us didn't have to apply for visa, this is home, born and bread, highly successful by God's mercy. So you can take your sob story and sholve it where the sun doesn't shine.

It must really hurt you can't come back into the US, eh ya. You hate US that much, so go fix your own country or find a wife in Europe to marry for papers. Good Luck with that Brexit stuff.

BTW, you ain't bright, didn't post post your email address yourself on NL? grin

Just beg me for $ I can change your life, but keep forming. Empty barrel...you must have learnt nothing from Oyedepo.

Oh..2014 the year of my NYSC, i think i was going for NNPC at the time..congrats you have done awesome digging that has nothing to do with anything. I don't even have access to that mail anymore. Thanks for reminding me. cheesy

Imagine someone from that time coming to surpass someone who claims to have been born in the states and who has moved on to better places.. grin

God is good.

But this thing really pain you o. You didn't think someone could call your bluff init...lol
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by rottennaija(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2022
9jatriot:
One cannot even tell if this guy is saying the truth or just whinning Russia

You want to know if he saying the truth or just whinning Russia? He has a telegram channel where all there are links to all his interviews, videos are.

https://t .me/ScottRitter/199
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nazgul:
There's nothing special about Russia. The west is just afraid of their nukes.

Without those nukes, there's nothing special about the Russia military. Hitler and his tiny Germany invaded them in WW2 when they were still solvet union and about 10 times the size of Germany; and almost succeeded if not for the Russian winter and logistics problems.

NATO can take on Russia in an invasion warfare but if Russia decides to deploy their nukes on American and British cities, the tide of the battle would change, cos no one is ready to gamble millions of lives of her citizens over a war that could have been avoided.

This is what America and her allies are afraid of.
it depends on who invade whom. If Russia tries to invade USA they won't even make it out of Atlantic Ocean talkless of entering US mainland. USA cannot even defeat Belarus inside Belarus talkless of Russia. NATO will be obliterated if they cross Belarus or Russian border.

4 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by maasoap(m): 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nazgul:

What kind of confusion be dis? Nothing special about Russia but the West is afraid of their nukes. Me thinking that your shallow brain should have told you that their nukes is what made them special.

6 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Morphinne: 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nazgul:

Without those nukes, there's nothing special about the Russia military. Hitler and his tiny Germany invaded them in WW2 when they were still solvet union and about 10 times the size of Germany; and almost succeeded if not for the Russian winter and logistics problems.

NATO can take on Russia in an invasion warfare but if Russia decides to deploy their nukes on American and British cities, the tide of the battle would change, cos no one is ready to gamble millions of lives of her citizens over a war that could have been avoided.

Why should anyone take you seriously when you just said “Hitler and his tiny army” grin
Tiny army that waged the bloodiest war in the history of Europe and one of the deadliest wars in human history. He and that tiny army waged a war against the whole world.
Now back to your invasion of Russia claim (it was Soviet Union actually and not the present day Russia and the war is known as Barbarossa)
What was the objective of the war and did the Germans achieve their aim? The answer is no, so Barbarossa was a failed occupation and as such, stop making it look like they succeeded. Also those Nukes you mentioned are enough reasons to be feared. The USA wouldn’t have ended the ww11 without the deployment of nukes I.e the ones used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Did you know that the USA is the first and only country in human history to use/test run a nuke on his adversaries? Yet that same USA are now the saints.

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by noisy45(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nazgul:

Dey there dey talk wetin you no know and you don't know Russia better than Scott Ritter an external Contributor to Energy Intelligence. He is a former US Marine Corps Intelligence Officer whose service over a 20-plus-year career included tours of duty in the former Soviet Union implementing arms control agreements, serving on the staff of US Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf during the Gulf War and later as a Chief Weapons Inspector with the UN in Iraq from 1991-98.

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Morphinne: 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
maasoap:

What kind of confusion be dis? Nothing special about Russia but the West is afraid of their nukes. Me thinking that your shallow brain should have told you that their nukes is what made them special.
I think say na only me confuse. More like saying a guy is not dangerous if not for his big, well-built chest and biceps grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by searchlight: 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:

US keep developing dangerous weapons without announcing or making details public.

Remember US annual defence budget is $750m annually while that of Russia is $56m , so what do you think America do with $750m defence budget annually ? Yeah building unclassified weapons.

Till this day no one knows the bomb US used in Hiroshima, not even the Russians can tell.
I think the use the $750m to fight in lybia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine, Kosovo and others and nothing for weapon development. Do you understand or should I continue?

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by salem1996: 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:

The Little Boy and Fat Man.

These were the codenamed of the two bombs. Till today is what I don't accept because people already know the names of the bombs used. People never knew then because no one thought of those nukes but today technology has made it in such a way that a little thing is hardly being hiding.

Perhaps, people still have weapons we don't know, but as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs, they are well known bombs now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by maasoap(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:

What kind of gibberish is this? Discovery of nukes was still at infant stage when US dropped it at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japanese didn't believe that such weapon was possible unti USA used it.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by fydence: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
Ah Fernandezisbackwards will disagree o...he will disagree from his backyard in okokomaiko.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by fydence: 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2022
shaggy007:
This is not news.

It's those that are still sucking their mothers breasts that are saying US and NATO can defeat Russia.

Russia is in a world of its own.

Leave them...Too Much CNN and Hollywood is doing them tiritirin

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by searchlight: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Balderdash...... Hogwash

NATO has been sending arms mostly through Poland into Ukraine.

Since Russia is so powerful, why have they not fired one single bullet into Poland.....

After all Putin warned at the beginning of the War that no nation should interfere in his Special War Crimes operation.

NATO has been interfering, Putin should do his Worst. But he cannot because he is a Toothless Bulldog.

Under his watch, The European Union is carrying Ukraine away to join the league of Civilized Nations. Something Putin never wanted for Ukraine.

Under his watch, Finland and Sweden are on brink of Joining NATO. Something that was unthinkable a year ago.

Putin's Russia is the biggest loser in this War because NATO has fully come to their Borders. Something that Putin has been fighting against.

Even if Russia succeed in their land grabbing attempt in Ukraine, Putin is still a Big Fat Loser because the things he never imagined or wanted are happening all around him.

Slava Ukraini ..... Glory to the Heroes.
If US /NATO has been that powerful why didn't that confront Russia like they did in Afghanistan?

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Dscop: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Oh..2014 the year of my NYSC, i think i was going for NNPC at the time..congrats you have done awesome digging that has nothing to do with anything. I don't even have access to that mail anymore. Thanks for reminding me. cheesy

Imagine someone from that time coming to surpass someone who claims to have been born in the states and who has moved on to better places.. grin

God is good.

But this thing really pain you o. You didn't think someone could call your bluff init...lol

Pls explain what bluff you've called?

We kicked you out of the US

You're in Europe without papers looking for an arangee wedding

I've only carried US passport all my life by God's mercy

You're online begging for $10 investment. Pls explain to me why I am pained? You're in sorrow and despair. But keep amusing me, when you're done hopefully you'll find your ay to the nearest Russian embassy.

You're a nobody, no wonder you're called HARUNA. Ask anyone that went to the university of Ibadan, they'll tell you about Haruna.

Haruna junior grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Sparknij: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:

$750m that contractors and politicians have chop more than 70% of it
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:

USA defence budget is like a yahoo boy buying Azul for 1m in night club.

USA weapons are overengineered and cost way more than their worth. Aircraft carriers which they spend billions building will not even survive the first 3 hours of war with Russia or China. Their Javelin that cost fortune is completely useless, Ukrainians always dump it anytime they're withdrawing. Their F35 is just overhyped. Ordinary Iran tracked the so called stealth jet few weeks ago. They spend majority of the big budget overengineering weapons.
You know why people don't rate American vehicles like Ford and Escalade? Yea it's the same reason. Cost too much, drink too much fuel yet not even on par with German and Japanese vehicles

F22, B1B and B2 are superb though.

4 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Jeromejnr(m): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
[quote author=Dscop post=114442895][/quote]

This thing really pain you. Chai.

Next time don't form fake knowledgeable individual online.
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by maasoap(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Balderdash...... Hogwash

Since Russia is so powerful, why have they not fired one single bullet into Poland.....

The reason is: caution!
Once that line is crossed, there is no turning back. No one pray it gets to that stage. Because if it does, human race will never be the same again
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by HITsquad: 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
God1000:
He's a republican, I'm not surprised

They are bunch of traitors
I refuse to agree that the party (Republican) which abolished slavery and have stood on the side of peace and life since modern history are traitors....

If treachery means promoting global peace, And always seeking for a more diplomatic means to settle international tensions instead of starting a war... Then they are really treacherous!
Democrats were responsible for all the bloodsheds in Iraq,Libya, Afghanistan,Vietnam e.t.c

And still the ones pushing for WWIII.... By using Ukraine...

Democrats : Tell me how to fight Russians without fighting Russians and without losing a single American soldier?

Still Democrats : well It's very simple.... let's Use a very dumb country like Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by dollar124(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
enonche85:

The same Russia that is struggling against Ukraine or another Russia?.

Ukraine alone can't stand Russia for 2 weeks, is just used as battlefield. The war has been West Vs Russia on low key

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by noisy45(m): 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:

Oga you don't know anything yet 80% of US defence budget is spent on weapon maintenance, servicing there over 750 military base in the world and upgrading of existing weapons.

Fear a country that produce no good thing to the world in form of science, research, goods and services but only produces weapons for export as a means of trade which is Russia compared to the USA that offers the world more goods and services in science and research than weapons.

Russia is deadly imagine Russia still using
stockpile of soviet era missles and rockets on ukraine what will happen when they start using there high tech weapons and missles.

4 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by toloohthegreat: 12:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nazgul:

Not afraid of. Rather, "are avoiding"!
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Tonnierichy(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2022
uniquetechng:

Lol. What's the importance of the bomb? Its destructive power was all we needed to know. And Russia built an even stronger nuclear war head in this period, the czar bomber. So please...na all of them get mad weapons. Do you even know Russia had over 30,000 war heads after the world war 2? They had to destroy most of it as one of the conditions for a peace treaty and for the quest of the west to ensure balance of power.

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Jas80: 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2022
zigzagluv:
ARE YOU GOOD WITH NODE.JS

No sir,

Php/laravel
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by jaxxy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
shaggy007:
This is not news.

It's those that are still sucking their mothers breasts that are saying US and NATO can defeat Russia.

He is whining Russia and u all are eating it. grin

Even Russia is confused. undecided

Who wins in a nuclear war? Nobody!

So the guy is just wasting his time.

BabaD94:
Joe Biden knows that every single minute ���

Same Russia that can't beat Ukraine in ground war?? grin

There's free speech so the guy can praise Russia who has also been invading it neighbours bt he failed to remember that.

1 Like

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Tonnierichy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
SlavaUkraini:
Balderdash...... Hogwash

]
Load of rubbish. Who wants a full blown war!? Poland is a Nato member. Doing that pits them directly against Nato? Is that really what you want? This is a special military operation, not a launch of an all out war against the West.

Dey try use that thing
Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Gospel2Day: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
shaggy007:
This is not news.

Keep hyping Putin.
Let him try to take on NATO.
We will see whether it is goats that will die or human beings.
He is not feeling the heat of war presently because Ukraine is not bombing Moscow and St. Petersburg.
With US military bases scattered around the world, it will be a rain of missiles and bombs all over Russia.
That doesn't mean that NATO countries too will not be bombed.
But stop overestimating the military might of any country.
You may be disappointed when the real World War 3 finally begins.

2 Likes

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by noisy45(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2022
Bigchristo22:
It’s only those who don’t know the kind of advanced technology on military hardware and nuclear weapons Russia have in their possession that will be shouting NATO and US, Russia is a badass war mogul the US government knows fully well they can’t defeat Russia in a fight that’s why they’re staging a proxy war to test Russia ability, let me shock you people Russia have not even started using their advanced weapons yet they’re still using old military weapons during soviet Era yet Ukraine is gradually turning into ghost town

This American fanboys talk like kids Russia is using there large stockpile of soviet era missiles and rockets in ukraine. Nato Mercenaries thought the war will be war fought with shootout with guns like libya, iraq and syria until missiles from Russia started raining on them. They were shocked.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Mayor36: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
I don't know where you are getting your values from but i can tell you that they're very wrong. In January 2022 even before the war Russia spent 275 billion Russian rubles on defence which is about $3.8bn now and in April 2022 they spent more than double of what was spent during the pre-war period so go get your facts right before you think $56m is what Russia spends annually on Defense. Even football teams in England spends more than $56m to sign a player.

uniquetechng:

Re: Scott Ritter: US-NATO Cannot Win Russia In A Large Scale War by Gospel2Day: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Nazgul:

Russia does not have monopoly on nukes.
Let Putin nuke any NATO member states, then he will realize that US, UK, France also have nukes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Palestinians Warn Of Religious War If Jews ‘storm’ Temple Mount (Pics) / Muriel Bowser Renames Road Leading To White House Black Lives Matter Plaza / A Ghanaian Planted Plantain Inside Potholes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.