Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way (1477 Views)

Poll: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria in Any Way?

Yes: 64% (16 votes)
No: 36% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Has Islam Been Infiltrated Or A Tool For Terrorism? / What Benefits Has Islam Brought To Nigeria? (muslims only, please) / What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by earlalright(m): 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
they want Islamic Banking. no problem. but if they don't get it, another crisis. somebody cartoons somebody in another country, it causes crisis in Naija. somebody does not win election, it causes another one. somebody cannot go to school and pass exams, he says no to western education. somebody says this, that happens, somebody says and does that, another thing happens.

tell me if there is anything Nigeria has benefited from Islam. for me - None and this Islamic Banking is just going to be another crisis cos the Banks would crash. how would they survive.
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by Arosa(m): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
If I have my way I will ban religion. angry
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by philip0906(m): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^
undecided
@op
I always imagine what a world we would have had without islam. . .
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by juman(m): 6:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
Arosa:

If I have my way I will ban religion. angry

Hmm. People and religion.

Certainly there is God and we must worship Him.

But by looking into the religions critically, haaaa haaaaa,

But we must worship God.

Thank God I am muslim. grin grin
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by sbeezy8: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
yes apala music fuji music in juju music sef, MODERN DAY ATTIRE ASWELL.
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by EkoIle1: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
Has any religion including Christianity benefited Nigeria?
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by EzeUche(m): 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Has any religion including Christianity benefited Nigeria?

Better education. . . (Mission schools)

More peaceful in the South.
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2011
nope!!!

Religion has done nothing in my life!! Yoruba philosophy and ancient Yoruba spiritual teaching has!!!
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by honeric01(m): 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

Peace? where? In Bayelsa? Delta? Abia or where exactly?
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by EkoIle1: 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
EzeUche:

Better according to you of course. Speak for yourself and not for all.

There are tons of Islamic schools all over the country and even in the South

This is about Islam in general, not about North and South

Stop the silly ignorance and senseless bigotry.
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by jmaine: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2011
honeric01:

Peace? where? In Bayelsa? Delta? Abia or where exactly?

How many times have you heard in those mentioned areas or in the south generally that particular tribes and religions were selectively targeted on a consistent basis for destruction including their places of worship and means of livelihood based on their believe system  . . . counter reasonably  . . .

at OP, it all depends on the orientation of the  Islamic followers . . .The Southern Muslims are moderate,very tolerant and have contributed a lot to national development . . .a rub off of education . . .but the Northern counterpart are the challenge we have in this country . .no wonder they still strongly feel the Southern Muslims are fake simply because they don't share the same fanatical aspirations as them . . .
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by honeric01(m): 12:00am On Jul 27, 2011
jmaine:

How many times have you heard in those mentioned areas or in the south generally that particular tribes and religions were selectively targeted on a consistent basis for destruction including their places of worship and means of livelihood based on their believe system  . . . counter reasonably  . . .

at OP, it all depends on the orientation of the  Islamic followers . . .The Southern Muslims are moderate,very tolerant and have contributed a lot to national development . . .a rub off of education . . .but the Northern counterpart are the challenge we have in this country . .no wonder they still strongly feel the Southern Muslims are fake simply because they don't share the same fanatical aspirations as them . . .

If you're not a hypocrite, you wouldn't say all the northern state is unsafe, don't claim there was no time the southerners acted same way you claim the northerners act. (Aba, Onitsha, Lagos e.t.c) except you're trying to be greedy with the truth.
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by jmaine: 12:46am On Jul 27, 2011
honeric01:

If you're not a hypocrite, you wouldn't say all the northern state is unsafe,

Stop trying to play smart . . .who said all northern states are not safe . . . we are comparing the peaceful and tolerance level of the south [/b]with that of the [b]North . . . even in the face of constant provocative acts . . .

honeric01:

If you're not a hypocrite, you wouldn't say all the northern state is unsafe, don't claim there was no time the southerners acted same way you claim the northerners act. (Aba, Onitsha, Lagos e.t.c) except you're trying to be greedy with the truth.

You are the Hypocrite here . . . You quoted a part "more peaceful in the south" . .and you debunked it . . .  Aba and Onitsha reprisal attacks on the Northerners based on the miss world pageant killing spree of their kindred in the North was a[b] response [/b] to the incessant and unnecessary consecutive murdering spree [/b]of their folks ( A one off situation) . . Concerning Lagos . . . between the Hausa Fulani and OPC . . .  something triggered the crisis . . and that was a one off situation . . . . .and my question to you is that [b]how may times have the southerners gone ahead to kill a neighbor just because he/she has a different tribe or faith over any flimsy excuse on a consistent basis . . .Even with regards the recent provocative acts by our Northern Brethren directly targeting southerners in their attacks . . . . . If you can't answer the question, then you are the hypocrite here always trying to shy away from the truth . . .
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by earlalright(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
this question was not to start a fight among we nairalanders. this i trust and safely started this trend knowing i won't be traced and murdered. what is wrong if you like them tall and i like them short or you like them big and i like them slim? so i also don't see why i should fight another person because he would not take communion(blood and flesh - occultic you may say) or bow his head to the sun and ground. Islamic banking to me, is not about the economics but about the religion and i don't just think it safe
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by honeric01(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
@jmaine

I don't have time to debate you, when there's violence in the south, they call it "youth restiveness'" but when same happen in the north, they call it religious violence.
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by seanet02: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
philip0906:

^^
undecided
@op
I always imagine what a world we would have had without islam. . .
What a nonsensical statement? Have our Christian Leaders not been worse off?
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by LFJ: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
earlalright:

they want Islamic Banking. no problem. but if they don't get it, another crisis. somebody cartoons somebody in another country, it causes crisis in Naija. somebody does not win election, it causes another one. somebody cannot go to school and pass exams, he says no to western education. somebody says this, that happens, somebody says and does that, another thing happens.

tell me if there is anything Nigeria has benefited from Islam. for me - None and this Islamic Banking is just going to be another crisis cos the Banks would crash. how would they survive.

Our problem as a nation can be traced back to this type of ppl who never see beauty in other ppls faith. Who told you your religion is the best? Why not learn how to respect others for who they choose to worship? Let us stop creating problem where there is none. Why not wait till the end, and let your God confirm you as holy? Until then you don’t have any moral ground to come here to ask this unreasonable question.
Re: Has Islam Benefitted Nigeria In Any Way by earlalright(m): 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2011
i brought up this thread so that we could as Nairalanders could discuss this issue out and help solve our problem. but right now, i am beginning to wonder if there is a difference which btw Nairalanders and Nigerians becos i used to think that there was.

THIS is not for fighting it is not an argument but a dialogue, let's help our country.

(1) (Reply)

Sheikh Zakzaky Speaks On The Anti-Islam Movie And Response Of Nigerian Muslims / Boonaa Mohammad In Abuja / The People Of Sound Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.