Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,866 members, 7,810,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' (9438 Views)

Lift Him Up: Duncan Mighty's New Song Is Sweet Port Harcourt Music / Duncan Mighty Buys A New Rolls Royce Phantom [pictures] / Hs: New Music: Blackberry – Porsh Kayiana Feat. Duncan Mighty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by kateifeoma(f): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
Once upon a time he was an unsure, upcoming producer-singer; holding tight to a day job, and auditioning for talent hunt shows. He watched as many friends got record deals, travelled to Lagos and overseas; he watched as they made it big; buying flashy cars and building houses.

Now all that has changed. Thanks to back-to-back hits the fans have favoured, thanks to album sales and performance engagements, Duncan, the one-time up comer is now a bona fide star.

Investigations by Nigerian Entertainment Today across the country show that Duncan Mighty currently sits on top of the A league; with a bestselling album and truck load of hits. The only other act who comes close is Wizkid who’s also in high demand right now.

Most importantly, in Port Harcourt, where he’s domiciled, Mighty is, apparently, a big deal. Residents who spoke with us admit he has everyone eating from his palms; and is currently rated ‘far higher than Timaya’ according to our findings.

‘Of course Duncan Mighty is the rave right now. He’s taken over from Timaya‘ a label executive told us.

Timaya was the ‘King of the South South‘ for years; launching out into prominence with the Odi-centric materials that drew national attention to the unfortunate Odi massacre. But over the years, his image has been battered by multiple controversies portraying him as an exuberant celebrity at best. Wars with the media left him scarred, and his last album performed below par.

It’s not surprising he’s lost that throne to Duncan, who, many say, is a more disciplined musician, gifted producer and far more popular with fans and the local media.

‘People like Duncan and Waconzy are the future‘ a fan tells us. Timaya has been very lucky and blessed, but he will have to work extra hard to reclaim the number one spot.

Residents tell us Timaya is in fact, ‘no longer considered a PH act’, since he’s moved to Lagos; but that ‘he’s still very much loved’.

Port Harcourt is home to many gifted acts, most of them well established in the Niger Delta region, with huge followership, before eventually breaking into the South East and South-West. Popular names include M-trill, De Indispensables, Korkormikor, Frank D’Nero, Tha Ibz, Mr 2Kay, Lyrical, Specimen A and Chyme HD.

http://www.thenetng.com/2011/07/25/duncan-mighty-overthrows-timaya/

Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by amblors(m): 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2011
I don't know about overthrowing but Duncan Mighty has way better lyrics.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by toprod: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
Apart from d fact dat duncan mighty is making waves now,he has a better lyrical content than timaya
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by emmabowin(m): 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
i disagree with you @ poster.he is preferred in ph cos he is from there.timaya is from bayelsa
secondly,dere is no issue about overthrowing anyone.what i would say is both of them are hot and selling
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
Duncan is a humble Dude.Timaya is arrogant to a fault.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by Koboland(f): 7:56am On Jul 27, 2011
amblors:

I don't know about overthrowing but Duncan Mighty has way better lyrics.

KpomKwem
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by jiggaz(m): 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2011
I dont know about Duncan overthrowing Timaya. Just dat Duncan is now d rave of d moment, as Timaya was about 2/3yrs ago. Every musician has their time to shine and when dat time passes, it will be as if u hav faded. Duncan and Timaya are great artistes from d Southside of Naija, but Duncan is now d rave. His album selling like pure water @ Alaba.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by igboboy1(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2011
emma bowin:

i disagree with you @ poster[b].he is preferred in ph cos he is from there.timaya is from bayelsa[/b]
secondly,dere is no issue about overthrowing anyone.what i would say is both of them are hot and selling

fa fa fa foul, warped logic, irrespective of the fact his roots are from present day Bayelsa, Timaya is an umistaken PH pikin, apart from bayelsa being part of the old PH, PH no be ethnicity na swag,

if so why is waconzy who is orginally from the east considered a PH act?
why is wizboy from Delta state very big in the east than his own state?

A city u identify with doesnt have anything to do with being indigenous to the place.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by shotster50(m): 3:01am On Jul 31, 2011
Duncan is the truth, Timaya is still good though.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by Yeske2(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2011
Koboland:

KpomKwem
Seconded.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by htajz: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2011
igbo boy:

fa fa fa foul, warped logic, irrespective of the fact his roots are from present day Bayelsa, Timaya is an umistaken PH pikin, apart from bayelsa being part of the old PH, PH no be ethnicity na swag,

if so why is waconzy who is orginally from the east considered a PH act?
why is wizboy from Delta state very big in the east than his own state?

A city u identify with doesnt have anything to do with being indigenous to the place.

dont mind them people are just to damm reibalistic.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by Blackteeth(m): 5:11pm On Jul 31, 2011
One thing i like about Duncan Mighty is that he has his own distinct sound and pattern of singing. A lot of Nigerian artistes today produce the same kind of sound. Duncan is unique with his own style.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by zylla(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2011
They are both GOOD. I am from the west but I'll go for them anytime, anyday,
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by Mpetempe(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2011
I love Duncan Mighty his Music sends message while Timaya's music sends plantain seller hahahahahaha From pure water seller to plantain buyer anywhere I love Him also his banbeyara dance and wata banba.

But if u are listening to Timaya's music Witches and Wizard will be running away from U because a lot of FiRe follows his song.

Both are trying.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by vaLasce(m): 5:26am On Aug 01, 2011
duncan mighty!
anyday,
anytime!
fantastic lyrics,
great peculiar style!
duncan anytime.
duncan all d time!
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by Fred87(m): 7:49am On Aug 01, 2011
not a fan of any tho,plz erase 'king of d south' thingy.eeezz
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by swaggerboi2011: 10:59am On Aug 01, 2011
lol,
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by dmz(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2011
Please can someone tell me which Duncan Mighty songs to listen to apart from Obianuju (louve this song). Cheers
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by DONOTEGA(m): 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2011
I nor come lagos to count bridge. Right nw am bigger than alaba me i don fly pass alaba. I nor come here to plan kpankpan golo. Am just a very fortunate small boy. God u are too much. Timaya 4ever
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by buy1get3(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
thats my man!!!Big Up to you Duncan
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
wene mighty, 24/7 any day, jesus bu eze.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by rhymz(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2011
Duncan mighty any day. . . . .the guy has got a very distinct style that can only be traced to him. . . .his lyrics are way better and deep than Timaya's.
As for him breaking into the SE market hmmm. . That statement is off. Nigga haf most of his sales in th simultenuosly in the SS and SE jare! Infact most of his fans are ppl from the SE hence his constant use of igbo languages in his music. The guy is good no doubt
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by dont8(m): 1:55am On Aug 02, 2011
Duncan and Wacomsy sing alike,it's difficult to place their voice especially the collabo they did together,but Duncan anyday.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by kingchild(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
Change is inevitably constant, no doubt, but i don't think it is a good idea to dump the first wife on discovery of the second because of age preferencials, TIMAYA should not be compared with His copycat. listen to their music again, find out who was here before. then answer the question who is the original owner of the music style (tune).

Critical minds might see the light.
Re: Duncan Mighty Beats Timaya. Now 'King Of The South' by igboboy1(m): 4:28am On Aug 05, 2011
rhymz:

Duncan mighty any day. . . . .the guy has got a very distinct style that can only be traced to him. . . .his lyrics are way better and deep than Timaya's.
As for him breaking into the SE market hmmm. . That statement is off. Nigga haf most of his sales in th simultenuosly in the SS and SE jare! Infact most of his fans are ppl from the SE hence his constant use of igbo languages in his music. The guy is good no doubt

he is speaking his language o which happens to be igbo, who tell u he uses igbo cos his fans are igbo? U must be straight from the village not to know igbos are indigenous to states outside of the SE too,

(1) (Reply)

(music) - Victor Ad Ft Deonzy - Wetin We Gain (remix) - Download / Did DJ Xclusive Buy Youtube Views For His ‘pangolo’ Video? / Download Wizkid - In My Bed (audio & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.