Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate (609 Views)

Please I Need Answers! / Nigerian's in USA pls I have few questions to ask you.. / Pls I Need To Know About Mauritius (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate by paul100(m): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
I don't know why my parents waited till my baptism at 12 before they gave me a middle name(They weren't catholics as at the time I was born).So at 15,I added the baptism name to my existing names on the birth certificate (Surname and first name).Now my Waec,Jamb and University documents carries this 3names.I will be leaving the country soon by God's grace and I am just scared this certficate may affect me since the handwriting are not exactly the same especially the visa ascept.Pls my fellow Nairalanders,will it affect me?
Re: Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate by immortalcrown(m): 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2022
Before you apply for an international passport, get an affidavit from a court and do a change of name. Everything will cost you less than 10k. It is not even supposed to cost you up to 4k but Nigeria is what it is.

But if you have already gotten an international passport with the added name, you better change only your birth certificate so the new birth certificate will contain the added name.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate by advanceDNA: 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
paul100:
I don't know why my parents waited till my baptism at 12 before they gave me a middle name(They weren't catholics as at the time I was born).So at 15,I added the baptism name to my existing names on the birth certificate (Surname and first name).Now my Waec,Jamb and University documents carries this 3names.I will be leaving the country soon by God's grace and I am just scared this certficate may affect me since the handwriting are not exactly the same especially the visa ascept.Pls my fellow Nairalanders,will it affect me?
Arr you using education route to japaa??
If you dont use your parents accounts as proof of funds..nobody, not the Univeristy or the embassy will ask you for birth certificate... your passport is enough proof of your age ..
Re: Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate by paul100(m): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Arr you using education route to japaa??
If you dont use your parents accounts as proof of funds..nobody, not the Univeristy or the embassy will ask you for birth certificate... your passport is enough proof of your age ..
Yes,through education route.
I'm in my 3rd year in the public university but my uncle abroad is trying to see if he can work it out for me to start over in Canada,so i don't want any document or certificate to hinder me if everything goes as planned.
Re: Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate by advanceDNA: 1:15pm On Jul 05, 2022
paul100:

Yes,through education route.
I'm in my 3rd year in the public university but my uncle abroad is trying to see if he can work it out for me to start over in Canada,so i don't want any document or certificate to hinder me if everything goes as planned.

Oga relax..if you are afraid...go and do another birth certificate at nigerian population council.

But you no need am....
Re: Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate by paul100(m): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Oga relax..if you are afraid...go and do another birth certificate at nigerian population council.

But you no need am....
Thanks Man
Re: Pls I Need Answers.i Alter My Birth Certificate by Giorgia: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2022
My date of birth on my nin and waec certificate no correct but I go correct am before I move abeg, shebi na to swear affidavit for wassce and 20k for nin abi?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Warned Against Scams Involving Hayya Card In Qatar / Video Of The Crashed Helicopter In Oba Akran Emerged / Get Bilingual With French Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.