Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman (5901 Views)

2023: I'll Pray For Osinbajo's Success, Ooni Assures Support Group / Nigerians Mock INEC With #Inconclusive On Twitter / UK To Assist INEC Deliver Credible, Free And Fair Polls In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Hongbenga(m): 5:42am On Jul 06, 2022
Osun 2022: "We'll assist INEC with our neutrality" - Ooni assures as Mahmud Yakubu, Osun Obas gather in Ile-Ife

The Arole Oduduwa & Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, on Tuesday pledged that traditional rulers across Osun State are prepared and ready to assist the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) with neutrality to achieve a credible Gubernatorial election in the state on July 16th 2022.

Ooni Ogunwusi who is the permanent Chairman of the Osun State council of Obas gave the assurance during a special meeting with the INEC Chairman, Mahmud Yakubu and traditional rulers across the state at his Ile Oodua Palace of Ife.

Addressing the gathering, Ooni Ogunwusi explained that the traditional institution remains critical in nation building as the closest to the people, adding that the electoral commission has a lot to gain from its association with the monarchs.

"We the traditional rulers share a similar feature with your commission which is independence and neutrality. We are not politicians and that is why we have the control of all our subjects including politicians regardless of their parties.

"I must commend the INEC for their daily introduction of technology into our electoral lives, which has made rigging almost impossible. To cap it all, we now have an electoral act ammendment which complements the advancement of our leadership selection process.

"Look at the one called BVAS, the introduction of that singular device has turned around the fortune of our dear country. With the BVAS, result of the Ekiti State Gubernatorial election was declared in less than 24 hours which has never happened in the history of our dear country.

"Luckily for Nigeria and Nigerians, we have an INEC Chairman who is patriotic and well in character. My advice for the commission and its leadership is to make Nigeria their biggest project." - The Ooni stated.

Earlier in his address, the INEC boss lauded the Ooni-led Osun State Council of traditional rulers, for their roles in peacekeeping and creation of enabling environment for the conduct of elections.

Prof. Yakubu said, "We are aware that you have done a lot, I was here in 2018 during the last governorship election in Osun and I can see clearly that the atmosphere is calm, serene, quiet and I am absolutely cleared in my mind that you have done a lot to give us what we are seeing."

"We are appealing to Your Royal Highnesses to talk to the political gladiators; the politicians and their supporters to play by the rules of the game as there can never be a credible election in an atmosphere of rancor.

"Politicians and their followers must give peace a chance for the election to be conducted and concluded promptly during the remaining days of the campaign and after the election.

"We have put all measures in place to ensure that Osun people will be allowed to decide who their next governor will be. We did it in Ekiti and we are prepared to achieve more successes in the July 16 Osun guber poll.

The Orangun of Ile Ila, Oba Wahab Adedotun, Timi of Ede, Oba Munirudeen Adesola Lawal, Aragbiji of Iragbiji, Oba Rasheed Olabomi, Orangun of Oke Ila, Oba Abolarin Aroyinkeye and other Osun monarchs paid host to the INEC boss while the Osun State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof. Ganiyu Raji led staff members of the commission at the state level to the strategic engagement.

https://facebook.com/100064170515442/posts/pfbid032TwQKzAGqfJr9baNHWbBmbWKKZfCjjuQh2aYfai6okaV129VfQjctUe9187966nsl/

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:54am On Jul 06, 2022
Hopefully...

After the hustle day and night for FTC, look at where we are right now.

I'd like to thank Daniel Regha (our street motivational speaker) who always remind us not to give up.

And again to maami (Iya eleko) I throway salute o.

To my old man, I cut cap for you.

And to everybody reading this, Nigeria will get better.

5 Likes

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Mumusaphire: 5:54am On Jul 06, 2022
Kaaaaaaabbbbbiiiieeeessssiiiiii oooooooo. Ooniresa.

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by PortHarcourtcit(m): 5:55am On Jul 06, 2022
That's good
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Daddyyin: 5:55am On Jul 06, 2022
God bless the king
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by kadraxkyle(m): 5:55am On Jul 06, 2022
Assist Peter Obi. That is the most important thing you can do for Nigerians at these times mr Ooni
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by henry4991(m): 5:55am On Jul 06, 2022
Na so
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by stano2(m): 5:55am On Jul 06, 2022
Okay…. I hope there won’t be vote buying around there. Vote buying should be a serious crime.
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Watianoengineer(m): 5:55am On Jul 06, 2022
sad
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by operAhdam: 5:55am On Jul 06, 2022
e no possible
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Elidrisy20: 5:56am On Jul 06, 2022
Neutraliy for where?

3 Likes

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by donleo92(m): 5:57am On Jul 06, 2022
although am not a Yoruba person, but I think this is the best thing our traditional rulers need to do.

it is a welcome development sir. atleast your relevance would still be intact no matter the person in power.

God bless you sir

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Mumusaphire: 5:58am On Jul 06, 2022
stano2:
Okay…. I hope there won’t be vote buying around there. Vote buying should be a serious crime.
there will be vote buying my brother. Forget about audio arrest in ekiti about people buying votes. They are already at their various houses. Our system is wack. We have wicked and heartless leaders, while the youths that have sense are not up to 30%. That is where the problem is.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by tunwumi: 5:58am On Jul 06, 2022
Pk
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by donaldking10: 6:00am On Jul 06, 2022
Another Buhari 2.0 is what Tinubu urchins are trying to impose on innocent Nigerians.
Someone who would be traveling on medical trips with tax payers money every month.
May God judge them for being this heartless & wicked, & may the health of their entire family, blood-line & generation be as bad as his health.
That is the sick man who couldn't hold common A.P.C flag up without support, & you expect him to stand in a United Nations meeting & address the world leaders.
If you don't have Shame, there are lots of sensible Nigerians like me who are tired of being disgraced globally.
Nigeria is too sick to be ruled by another sick man who has nothing to offer.
Just a simple prayer, & i need you to proudly say AMEN to it.
MAY YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY'S HEALTH BE LIKE THAT OF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE YOU ARE SUPPORTING.
Finally i am a proud Peter Obi supporter, & i am proud to be as healthy as he is.
VOTE PETER OBI FOR A HEALTHY NIGERIA.
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by adioolayi(m): 6:03am On Jul 06, 2022
Very close race....

But...

Oyetola seems to slightly edge this..
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Okobola146: 6:05am On Jul 06, 2022
Go Sidon. You've lost my respect for you jo
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by zoedew: 6:12am On Jul 06, 2022
Unlike Ataoja
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Troublemaker111: 6:20am On Jul 06, 2022
Ooni agbaye ..... Kabiesioooooo.
That Yahoo Oluwo of Iwo is already organizing prayers for Oyetola .
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by ejimatic: 6:21am On Jul 06, 2022
Hongbenga:
Osun 2022: "We'll assist INEC with our neutrality" - Ooni assures as Mahmud Yakubu, Osun Obas gather in Ile-Ife

https://facebook.com/100064170515442/posts/pfbid032TwQKzAGqfJr9baNHWbBmbWKKZfCjjuQh2aYfai6okaV129VfQjctUe9187966nsl/

. " Obe ki I mi niku agba" meaning The elders usually keep secrets.The truth is all the OBAAS have their preferred PARTY in the election.

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Troublemaker111: 6:22am On Jul 06, 2022
Is that why your useless Oletola attacked grin Adeleke campaign during his visit to Ataoja. What do you have to say about Yahoo king in Iwo organizing prayers for Oyetola. Ataoja was very right about his claim . Oyetola defeat will start right from govt house in Abeere
zoedew:
Unlike Ataoja

1 Like

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by olowo1930: 6:34am On Jul 06, 2022
A traditional ruler playing politics with mind game. Anyway Osun is a small state
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by ijeshaboy: 6:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Austin29:
Sure visa application guaranteed 14slots available hurry now. this is an opportunity to apply for two years u.s.a, canada, australia, south korea and any other country working visa; for both family and single packages. note : no down payment until visa is out and payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. please only interested persons can contact/whatsapp us on the number below.
are you the visa officer, why don't you grab then passport and travel yourself, funny people.
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Yuhas: 6:48am On Jul 06, 2022
LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT!

GET A TOP QUALITY LOGO THAT WILL TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL AT JUST 40% OF THE ORIGINAL COST!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦3,990!;

• An attention-grabbing logo of the highest caliber. This would greatly increase the number of customers and potential customers for your company.
• A transparent version of your logo that can be applied as a watermark to images of your goods and services.
• A 2D version of your logo for use on ID cards, stationery, and other items.
• Three separate 3D versions of your logo that set it apart from those of your rivals and provide you a competitive edge.
• A PDF version of your logo.

Call us with the number on the flyer below or contact us via WhatsApp to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

DELIVERY TIME = 24 HOURS!!!

PS: THIS OFFER IS ONLY OPEN TO 20 PEOPLE

Send us a message now!!!

[url=ibit.ly/nland]
[/url]
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by sultry69(m): 6:49am On Jul 06, 2022
stano2:
The votes buying in Ekiti will be a child play in Osun,since that will be the only way for all parties involved to rig,all of them are ready to out smart each other.
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by poiu44: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2022
osogbo ede satellite picture

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by poiu44: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2022
ife and ijesha satellite picture

Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by Christy1759: 6:53am On Jul 06, 2022
Una assistance is it genuine?
Re: Osun 2022: "We'll Assist INEC With Our Neutrality" - Ooni Assures INEC Chairman by poiu44: 7:04am On Jul 06, 2022
yoruba are not from ife

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wayward Woman: At 47, Nancy Lee Maldonado Is Not Married / Would Goodluck Jonathan Win A Free & Fair Election? / Sacked Non-Abia Indigenes Storm Owerri Govt House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.