Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead (31574 Views)

Tinubu Expresses Sadness Over OPEC Chief, Barkindo's Passing / OPEC Secretary General, Muhammad Barkindo, is Dead / Osinbajo, Sylva, Barkindo To Speak At Energy Economics Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2022
adecz:

The more you utter garbage, the
more the Bushman in you becomes more
exposed.

Ipig!!
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by winj3: 9:40am On Jul 06, 2022
What a loss.
He is one of very few mallams who was appointed based on merit, most mallams are appointed for just being mallams.

It's not everyday you see such an educated, articulate, globally recognised mallam. He was indeed rare.

My suspicion is in this order
Covid vaccine
Russia (due to oil and gas wahala with the west)
Middle East people (who hate Africans especially at such a level)
Lebanese
Health issues (High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, High Cholesterole) - I was always suspicious of his weight

2 Likes

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by adams123: 9:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Righteousness2:
Condolences to His Family.
He has gone to stand before GOD to give account of his Life.
Over there, his Postion and all his wealth counts for nothing.
What will count is if He Submitted to the Lordship of JESUS Christ.

May his soul rest in peace, there's hope for paradise as a Muslim. You can't enter paradise unless you are a Muslim. Get that into your skull before it is too late.
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by NwokoloOwa: 9:46am On Jul 06, 2022
adioolayi:
I saw him in the news yesterday night!!!

Wow....Just wow!!!

Ha!!!

Sincerely, I observed a slurred speech from him, as if something was choking his neck while giving his speech...anyone can watch Channels News aired after "Politics Today" program yesterday night...and it crossed my mind he wasn't healthy.

So so sad....

He was reeling out his achievements and how OPEC was able to weather the storm of COVID19..

Rest in Peace Bakindo!!!

Ha.....I am shocked my thoughts about his health was accurate.

Wow!

You're are absolutely correct. In fact I was shocked when I heard the news of his demise because yesterday as I watched him too, I mentioned to my wife that he is having some problems with his speech. And my wife who is a medical practitioner concurred. Then this.

May God grant him eternal rest .
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by adioolayi(m): 9:49am On Jul 06, 2022
NwokoloOwa:

Wow!

You're are absolutely correct. In fact I was shocked when I heard the news of his demise because yesterday as I watched him too, I mentioned to my wife that he is having some problems with his speech. And my wife who is a medical practitioner concurred. Then this.

May God grant him eternal rest .

I am now of the opinion he was managed to appear at that function...

It's possible he went against advise, trying to safe his face and respect protocol that that event must have been scheduled long time ago especially considering the calibre of people at the event.

The lesson here is....When one is unwell....one should be bold enough to take the required rest..every other things can wait.

Life is short!
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by EMEKAodogwu1: 10:04am On Jul 06, 2022
georgecso:
My Goodness.. He was in the state House giving his farewell speech less that 24hrs ago.. If you carefully obeeeve his speech was a bit slurry.. May God teach us to number our days.. Jesus is coming!!! Either way we must meet. Let's be prepared.
Is like you haven’t heard him speak before now. That’s the way he spoke. Google and watch
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Spidermon: 10:17am On Jul 06, 2022
Well, his death is not really a loss to Nigeria at large if we are being honest...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Iceberg3: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2022
All of them from the north occupying all fed govt petroleum positions,God is watching
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by juman(m): 10:29am On Jul 06, 2022
He supposed to be on sick bed yesterday receiving drips not meeting the president.
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by juman(m): 10:31am On Jul 06, 2022
Iceberg3:
All of them from the north occupying all fed govt petroleum positions,God is watching

Southern president also do the same.
Except obasanjo who is one Nigeria man.
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by MarianaTrench: 10:40am On Jul 06, 2022
Raiders:
Really strange that he died the day he was supposed to leave office as opec boss

Maybe the thought of the estacode and other perks of the office he would no longer have access to after leaving office overwhelmed him
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 10:41am On Jul 06, 2022
sad. these northerners use nepotism to promote all these people into lavish positions but they die very early. sad.
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Sermwell(m): 10:42am On Jul 06, 2022
dontbothermuch:
Ah! Is it not this man I saw on the news yesterday. Buhari was congratulating him as his tenure just ended. He was looking well though. His speech was slow kind of. RIP
He wasn't looking well! It was obvious during his speech!
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Righthussle:
RIP

Too much money sometimes dey cause sickness and death. I believe say na wetin kill am.
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Yankee101: 10:45am On Jul 06, 2022
He didn't die until he came to naija?
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 10:51am On Jul 06, 2022
hen heh

MagicBishop:
The thief behind the P&ID scam

He was NNPC minister at the time the dodgy contract was signed between NNPC, Ministry of Petroleum and P&ID.

He was overlooked by the EFCC and Buhari govt in place of a mere legal secretary of the NNPC was dragged to court by the Nigerian govt. That criminal Magu exonerated the minister of petroleum , the now late Lukman , claiming " he was an upright nan" and will never be involved in any scandal.

Aboki thieves .

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 10:54am On Jul 06, 2022
you are right he was in charge of nnpc then.
they died or dem fake their deaths to enjoy retirement p&id money ? grin grin grin

MagicBishop:

He was appointed by Yaradua .

He left to OPEC almost immediately GEJ was sworn in as acting President.

The scam was orchestrated by him, Lukmann and P&ID as their retirement cushion.

Ironically, they are all dead now including the British man behind the P&ID scam.

The vacuum created by Yaradua's sickness saw to one of the greatest heists in Nigeria .

Obasanjo left well over $60bn as reserves when he handed over to Yaradua. By the time GEJ took over , our reserves had plummeted to below $30bn with no tangible project to show for the masive dip.

I keep saying it that the cabal in Yaradua's absentee govt were the biggest crooks to occupy power.

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 10:58am On Jul 06, 2022
and where is turai now? in timbuktu?

MagicBishop:

Obasanjo left about %64bn in reserves with very next to no debt.

Yaradua cabal stole as much as they could during his coma and when GEJ was sworn in we had less than $30bn and accumulated debt.

You can simply verify this from CBN forex movements on their website.

Yaradua was a good honest man, whose health but appointed crooks like Baba-Gana Kingibe and that his greedy wife Turai stole massively.
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 11:00am On Jul 06, 2022
merit ko, merit ni. his promotion was fast-tracked. check his cv.

winj3:
What a loss.
He is one of very few mallams who was appointed based on merit, most mallams are appointed for just being mallams.

It's not everyday you see such an educated, articulate, globally recognised mallam. He was indeed rare.

Covid vaccine
Lebanese
Health issues (High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, High Cholesterole) - I was always suspicious of his weight
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 11:01am On Jul 06, 2022
explain what you mean by russia, lebanese, middle east

winj3:
What a loss.

Covid vaccine
Lebanese
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Walelavender(m): 11:15am On Jul 06, 2022
This is shocking undecided Saw him in the news last night.
That is how this terrestrial life is

James 4:14 caps it all " For you do not know what will happen tomorrow,for what is your life? It is even a vapour that appears for a little time then vanishes

Assurance of afterlife is in Jesus. No fear. No worries. He is the Way the Truth and the Life
Accept him today
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by juman(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2022
Tinubu and Atiku are too old.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Righteousness2(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2022
My Brother,being a Muslim, Christian or whatever in the name of religion will take you and I no where.
The only thing that will guarantee you and I Eternal Life in Heaven is Having a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ. The only way to Heaven is Only through JESUS Christ. Any other thing you being told is deceit.
Know this and save your soul from Destruction
You agree or u don't is irrelevant.

adams123:

May his soul rest in peace, there's hope for paradise as a Muslim. You can't enter paradise unless you are a Muslim. Get that into your skull before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by winj3: 11:54am On Jul 06, 2022
frog12:
explain what you mean by russia, lebanese, middle east

He was the main proponent of OPEC raising output faster after Russia invaded Ukraine: Do your own research and see it affected the Russian economy and how Putin takes it personally

Middle East shiekhs always considered it an insult that they are even in an organization with Africans let alone one leading them

A lot of African leaders, politicians, dictators are known for dying syteriously after having hidden wealth in western banks. Lebanese are well known for helping western banks off Africans with these secret accounts, they get a cut. It is how many of them from the Town of Miziara made money
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by winj3: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2022
frog12:
merit ko, merit ni. his promotion was fast-tracked. check his cv.

With mallams you have to see the exceptionism, in his case...how articulate and effective he was I say merit even if he was fast tracked!
99% of other cases of mallam fast track do not even compare!
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Iceberg3: 12:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Spidermon:
Well, his death is not really a loss to Nigeria at large if we are being honest...

God bless you
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Iceberg3: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
frog12:
and where is turai now? in timbuktu?

You will never know where turai is but you know the ABto Z of Diezani Allison Madueke
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Iceberg3: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
juman:

Southern president also do the same.
Except obasanjo who is one Nigeria man.
How did a southern president do same?
During Jonathan's era,were the minister of petroleum, NNPC DG,PTDF chairman,PPPRA director,PPPMC director,DPR chairman,were they all southerners?
These are the main fed govt petroleum agencies.

Do a little research and find out who occupies these positions in buhari's govt
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by frog12: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
opec output is still the same. na opec with arab sheikhs nominate am as secretary general. this one is a surprise to me but i think you have better knowledge in this area

winj3:

He was the main proponent of OPEC raising output faster after Russia invaded Ukraine: Do your own research and see it affected the Russian economy and how Putin takes it personally

Middle East shiekhs always considered it an insult that they are even in an organization with Africans let alone one leading them

A lot of African leaders, politicians, dictators are known for dying syteriously after having hidden wealth in western banks. Lebanese are well known for helping western banks off Africans with these secret accounts, they get a cut. It is how many of them from the Town of Miziara made money

Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by Donaluta(m): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
MufasaLion:

Buhari that might outlive you.

Abi na you weh him go outlive... As you dey abroad so dey eat chemicals .. your life span dey short
Re: OPEC Secretary General Muhammad Barkindo Is Dead by juman(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2022
Iceberg3:

How did a southern president do same?
During Jonathan's era,were the minister of petroleum, NNPC DG,PTDF chairman,PPPRA director,PPPMC director,DPR chairman,were they all southerners?
These are the main fed govt petroleum agencies.

Do a little research and find out who occupies these positions in buhari's govt

I copied this from nairaland thread.
Those were the people that led some agencies during jonathan time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Best Time To Start Going To The Polling Unit? / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence / Looted Billions: Buhari Tightens Noose On Jonathan’s Men - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.