Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Our Intell - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Intell (342 Views)

Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal / How To Legally Hijack Other People's Traffic For Free / Proved Strategies To Hijack The Whole Customers In Your Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Intell by ntrukpum(m): 6:44am On Jul 06, 2022
Hjj
Re: Our Intell by Kobicove(m): 6:55am On Jul 06, 2022
Your first mistake is that you did not incorporate or register a business name before going into this business relationship.

Your second mistake is that you did not prepare a contract which sets out the responsibility of each party in the business relationship...this contract would have set out the financial contribution required of each party, profit sharing ratio etc

For a project of this nature I don't expect that the financier should be responsible for your personal transportation espenses...that aspect is regarded as sweat equity and should be borne by you.

My concern is with her wanting you to sign a contract with her personally.

1 Like

Re: Our Intell by ntrukpum(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2022
Kobicove:
Your first mistake is that you did not incorporate or register a business name before going into this business relationship.

Your second mistake is that you did not prepare a contract which sets out the responsibility of each party in the business relationship...this contract would have set out the financial contribution required of each party, profit sharing ratio etc

For a project of this nature I don't expect that the financier should be responsible for your personal transportation espenses...that aspect is regarded as sweat equity and should be borne by you.

My concern is with her wanting you to sign a contract with her personally.
We knew all these but we are not financially bouyant to do them. I hope it won't bounced back on us.
Re: Our Intell by HolySpiritFire(f): 8:20am On Jul 06, 2022
Copy and Beg the mods to move this to the front page so that you can have lager views and opinions of professionals.
Good luck
ntrukpum:

We knew all these but we are not financially bouyant to do them. I hope it won't bounced back on us.
Re: Our Intell by ntrukpum(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2022
Please mods help me push this to front page. I need urgent professional advice
Re: Our Intell by mrsage(m): 11:36am On Jul 06, 2022
You need a lawyer
Re: Our Intell by NairalandAngel(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
ntrukpum:
Good morning nairalanders
Four years ago I met a guy who shared an idea of a reality Tv show on leadership and governance with me and I bought the idea. We started work on it, we made research and wrote things to put the Project together. After some months of intensed brainstorming we were able to complete the paperwork of the project and we proceeded to The Nigeria Copyright Commission for licence. Three months later we were given the copyright ownership of the work.

We had no dime to do anything. You all know what it takes to put up a reality show on TV, even on social media. It's not a child's play. We started meeting big and influencial men who we knew either had d money to sponsor the Project or could connect us with people who could push the Project. 99% of people who we met gave approval and really praised us for thinking that far and outside the box.

We met this young philanthropist who is in early 30s now and this guy couldn't stopped worshipping us. He said most young people don't think again, rather they beg rich men for money. He said so many Nigerians are clamouring for BBN to be scrapped off the screens. And he said we had brought a solution to that problem. He promised to work with us and asked us to go back and think of how we want him to come in. And also pleaded with us not to show the work to any politician. That politicians don't have time to think so they hijack people's work.

We left and came back with one thing on our mind, that is, for him to sponsor the whole Project. He agreed. But didn't show real sign of seriousness. We met severally because of this. He was always kind to us, one of the days we came to his office he personaly walked us down the gate and told the security men that any time we come we don't need to sign in b4 entering. It was a privilege.

After several years it was like he wasn't interested in investing his time and resources there again. He was always telling us to to be patient that he was still consulting with professionals who are into the system (media and entertainment world).

So last month he contacted a movie producer and asked us to meet with her, because he was and still out of the country. He told us to explain everything about our project to her. We met with this lady and she was thrilled with the idea of the Reality Tv show. He asked the lady if she understood our work, the lady said yes. She asked us if the lady is resourceful, we said yes. So he told us to start work on the project. He promised to invest 5million naira on the project and advised us to make sure the project works. He has automatically becomes the Executive producer (EP). For more than a month now we've been working on this project with the lady's team and she has become the official production manager of the project. We are just the copyright owners and part of content creators.

Last week the Executive producer(EP) dropped 1million naira for the commencement of some work on the project. He advised that we should all agree on what so ever we want to do b4 disbursement of funds. But surprisingly the lady is trying to sideline us ever since the money arrived because it was paid into her account. One day We raised an idea of us getting transportation fare and money for data, she rejected it. But she uses this same money to fund her transportation and do phone calls. She makes contacts with people and contract them on the Project without letting us know, not until it is time for payment.

She has spent all the 1million naira and we are to expect another batch of the money this week. But one thing dat disturbs us is that she has sidelined us ever since the money for the project that we worked so hard to create came. We've contacted a lawyer and he advised us to wait until we sign a contract with the EP. And that we should allow the lady to work with the funds and let the project start.

We are the content creators too but she brings in people that can't give any simple content content to the project. They all want to see our content, modify and work on it. So why are they called content creators. She pays transport for them whenever they come out of the money that was given but refused to give us money for transportation.

She wants to bring in movie concepts into an intellectual project that has nothing to do with movie. We are afraid. She feeds the EP unnecessary information about us. She wants to control the web site, all the social media pages. She said we should sign an agreement with her that she will handle the project in the subsequent editions. Like 5years contract. She's the boss now. She

Please lawyers and entertainment professionals advice us. Thanks

Re: Our Intell by NairalandAngel(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
ntrukpum:
Please mods help me push this to front page. I need urgent professional advice

This is exactly one of the reasons why I stopped providing finance for start-up businesses.

Once you agree to provide funding they will just dump all the expenses on your head so that they can quickly bale out if the business hits any challenge!

For your information the project manager is not answerable to you as far as this project is concerned; she reports to the Executive Producer and must render account to him on how the money was spent.

She and the other consultants who she brings in are not equity owners in this project therefore the project must bear their transport expenses; you on the other hand are an equity partner so you must bear personal expenses of appearing for meetings or attending events related to the project.

Your personal travelling expenses cost for activities related to this project are your responsibility and should be completely borne by you.

If you want potential sponsors to put their money into your project then you must lead the way by also committing your own personal funds to it so that people can see that you're also risking your own money!

Let us even assume that the Executive Producer agrees to bear all the expenses including your transportation expenses and at the end of the day the business flops it then means that only he makes a loss because he is carrying 100% of the risks while you will just walk away free.

Does this sound fair to you considering that you were the one who brought up the business idea?

On the other hand if the Executive Producer decides to bear all the costs and the business is successful it then means that he is entitled to and can claim ownership of 100% of the profits from the business.

But I'm very sure you will not agree to this.

Based on what I know of reality shows you need a budget of at least N100 million for this show to have any chance of success, the N5 million the EP has agreed to contribute so far is not even enough for just marketing and publicity alone which should have a budget of at least N30 million.

Your preoccupation at this time if you truly believe in this project should be how to convince and bring in additional sponsors and financiers instead of scrambling to get a share out of the project funds for yourself because you're trying to dodge risking your own money!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU, Don't Call Off Strike Yet. See Why Some Students Are Praying So / Why Should You Choose USDT/USDC Over A Domiciliary Account? / What Is The POVERTY ALLEVIATION COIN ? All You Need To Know; Membership Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.