Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage (17385 Views)

FG Weakens ASUU, Registers Two Varsity Unions / IPPIS: ASUU Threatens Strike, Warns Against Salary Stoppage / IPPIS: ASUU Says FG Can’t Frighten Them With Salary Stoppage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by CheapHomes1: 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Read from the beginning. I answered your question.

How does that mean that ASUU isn't selfish?
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by oneunited(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
chibu4u2:

4 months plus at home is equivalent to a semester + break
Striking workers may not receive their salary as at when due, due to "no work no pay" policy but who suffers the most.......The students.

Ironically not student but the economy of the country, because the students can migrate to where education is high of importance and develop him/herself but the country cannot do same unfortunately!

If you doubt me, check how many education strike actions happened in the UK,USA,China,Japan, Germany,Finland,Canada in the last 5 years.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Drella(m): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
bigpicture001:
All unions should be disbanded... Nigeria don't need unions.. it's a bad thing for the economy

Without unions, professors will be earning 30k naira as salary with no annual leave and no allowance.
You should know how this will impact their attitude to work.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Drella(m): 12:25pm On Jul 06, 2022
oneunited:

Ironically not student but the economy of the country, because the students can migrate to where education is high of importance and develop him/herself but the country cannot do same unfortunately!

If you doubt me, check how many education strike actions happened in the UK,USA,China,Japan, Germany,Finland,Canada in the last 5 years.

How many Nigerian students can migrate?
I've been looking to migrate since I finished highschool,till now,no means.

The students are at the receiving end.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by VeryWickedMan: 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
Seniorwriter:
This present buhari maladministration has taken the bar to all high in wickedness!.
I suspect he owns that NL moniker verywickedman....

We need vote into all leadership positions young visionary leaders come 2023 and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.

@Seniorwriter
Buhari is an exemplary leader

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by sript: 12:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
Angelfrost:

Well, you were not really getting a proper education to begin with.

The standard has plummeted terribly in the last decade...

Agreed on the standard of education being shadow of it former self down the years, no thanks to gross inadequacy of the kind of educational system successive governments profferes. The successive goverments seem worst than the previously administration before them with little or no interest in education.

Oftentimes they are caught-watching as the quality in education erode away. Why will they even care,,, thier wards are getting top quality education in first world countries implemented by government of these countries, grooming them to take over from them

Even the substandard one we are getting, they wouldn't still allow children of those at the lower strata of income, social status enjoy

@AngelFrost
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Bamijoko1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Sunday2021: 12:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
New007:
100 billion isn't enough for educational purposes oga.
just tell me one thing they have done with it.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by bigpicture001: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2022
Drella:

Without unions, professors will be earning 30k naira as salary with no annual leave and no allowance.
You should know how this will impact their attitude to work.

Is not true.... Why are teacher if primary skl not earning 30k...

It's never true.... Still doesn't mean ppl can go on protest... But no unions
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by alphaNomega: 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2022
bigpicture001:
All unions should be disbanded... Nigeria don't need unions.. it's a bad thing for the economy

Worker's Unions are the only reason we celebrate public holidays and get paid leaves.

Do you think your employer is ever happy paying you while away from work?
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by bigpicture001: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
alphaNomega:

Worker's Unions are the only reason we celebrate public holidays and get paid leaves.

Do you think your employer is ever happy paying you while away from work?

That is the world best practice so .. it will still be observed... I don't know exactly how to differentiate Dem.. but economic unions shld be banned
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by alphaNomega: 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
bigpicture001:

That is the world best practice so .. it will still be observed... I don't know exactly how to differentiate Dem.. but economic unions shld be banned
The reason they are even being recognized in the first place is from the effort of worker's unions.

I repeat, no employer is happy to pay you when you are away from work.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by ezinne51g: 1:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
SMHWe need vote into all leadership positions young visionary leaders come 2023 and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.Imagine what these people do to education in Nigeria?!@SeniorwriterSMHWe need vote into all leadership positions young visionary leaders come 2023 and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.Imagine what these people do to education in Nigeria?!@Seniorwriter...
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by bigpicture001: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
alphaNomega:
The reason they are even being recognized in the first place is from the effort of worker's unions.

I repeat, no employer is happy to pay you when you are away from work.

It's not true... British colony master left us a standard practice.. that's what we follow...

What u would HV said it thatt being Nigerian. Dey wouldn't improve on it... But the standard has always been there
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Angelfrost(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
sript:

Agreed on the standard of education being shadow of it former self down the years, no thanks to gross inadequacy of the kind of educational system successive governments profferes. The successive goverments seem worst than the previously administration before them with little or no interest in education.

Oftentimes they are caught-watching as the quality in education erode away. Why will they even care,,, thier wards are getting top quality education in first world countries implemented by government of these countries, grooming them to take over from them

Even the substandard one we are getting, they wouldn't still allow children of those at the lower strata of income, social status enjoy

@AngelFrost

It's a terrible situation sir. I feel for you students today.

I just advise young people to make the effort to utilize online learning programs to augment the watery education being doled out by our schools.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Drella(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2022
bigpicture001:

Is not true.... Why are teacher if primary skl not earning 30k...

It's never true.... Still doesn't mean ppl can go on protest... But no unions

It will shock you that there are primary school teachers earning as low as 10k.

Without unions,some will be willing to protest,some won't want to protest.
The ongoing strike,do you think without ASUU lecturers won't have gone back to work?Or you think it's easy not to earn salary since February.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by sript: 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2022
Agngelfrost:

It's a terrible situation sir. I feel for you students today.

I just advise young people to make the effort to utilize online learning programs to augment the watery education being doled out by our schools.

Well said sir
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Thomthom(m): 3:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
bigpicture001:
I don't think is right for Unions should be disband.. Because Nigeria government will stop paying civil servants their salaries if such thing happens. No more minimum wages Nigeria government will pay you 30,000 minimum wages for 50 years .. Abeg let the labour fight their cause we should tell our leaders to do the right thing if they do the right thing, no labour will go on strike.. All what I just said might not make sense to you if you are a politician..
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Stargurl20(f): 3:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Hunger Neva wire una. Bunch of selfish people.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Stargurl20(f): 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2022
The only one minding his business in this country is Buhari. Na to eat, sleep and travel unnecessarily around the world concern am.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Blackman101: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
if a strike is declare and discussion commence then ASUU should call off the strike. as long as the strike continue no salary
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Temi2468: 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2022
MMWandali:
The fool that wanted to be president believing students will vote for him

Thoughtless leaders of APC

Nigerian students will show them shege in 2023

Forget it, many of them will be induced on the day of election. Students wey no dey get shame. With the saggy trouser and side bag, he go dey show immature youthful exuberance and chasing politicians for money. That's an average Nigerian student: unrefined and have no integrity.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by onyxo76(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2022
Stargurl20:
Hunger Neva wire una. Bunch of selfish people.
when you start paying 600k per session in a Federal university then you will understand better, do you think FG wants you to be educated? the less educated you are, the easier for them to keep you oppressed.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Babalola0920: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
UNA DEY CRAZY UNA NO WORK UNA WANT MONEY MAKE HE BE LIKE THAT COERCIVE MEASURE IS GOOD JARE
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by ddeola: 1:58am On Jul 07, 2022
Buhari knows that if the strike continues, APC will lose the next election so na PDP people go vote for... sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by GEOBOSS2020(m): 3:08am On Jul 07, 2022
Chat me up on 09081214967 for daily winning,
Let's cash out together.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by Stargurl20(f): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2022
onyxo76:
when you start paying 600k per session in a Federal university then you will understand better, do you think FG wants you to be educated? the less educated you are, the easier for them to keep you oppressed.
How's ASUU any better?
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by onyxo76(m): 7:11am On Jul 07, 2022
Stargurl20:

How's ASUU any better?
they are not any better but at least they are making the govt to see the decay in the public schools, pretty soon the public tertiary institutions will go the way the public pry and secondary schools went, and that's exactly want the govt wants. they are no longer interested in funding public tertiary institutions, the alternative is to increase fees which most won't be able to afford, then graduate school will now become a privilege and no longer a right as students will like to claim...mind I'm not an academic but I did have my own share of the rot in the system in the mid 1990s.

1 Like

Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by FuckSilly: 9:02am On Jul 07, 2022
bigpicture001:
You don't deserve to have a smartphone because your brain is very immature.
Re: Striking Varsity Unions Lament Salary Stoppage by alphaNomega: 3:52am On Jul 09, 2022
bigpicture001:

It's not true... British colony master left us a standard practice.. that's what we follow...

What u would HV said it thatt being Nigerian. Dey wouldn't improve on it... But the standard has always been there
You are not getting the full gist. This "standard" you speak of was made possible by worker's unions.

There was a reason slave trade was a booming business because slaves were not regarded as humans that should enjoy the same privileges. Slaves were made to work until their death by the same colonial masters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unaab 2nd List Is Out: Check Your Status Now: / Thread For 2019 JAMB Mock Exam / JAMB Change Of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure – 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.