Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion (2699 Views)

Nigerians Are To Blame For Injustices, Not Ethnicity, Religion – Buhari / PDP Kicks As Kano Faction Suspends Kwankwaso For "Disrupting Congress" / Reno Omokri Throws A Shade At Kwankwaso For Meeting Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Maleekdon: 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcGBBFW-jvg

Mr. Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, has responded to his New Nigeria Peoples Party’s counterpart, Rabiu Kwankwaso, over his statement that northerners will not vote for any presidential aspirant from the South East.

Kwankwaso had earlier in the week claimed that the insecurity and secession agitation in the South East will prevent northerners from voting an Igbo man or woman as president.

“…if anybody from the South East now, under this circumstance, becomes the presidential candidate of our party or any other party, the implication is that, because of the activities (in the region) and many other issues that are real on the ground, northern voters will certainly go for their northern candidate in another party. It is not whether I like it or I don’t like it, the fact remains that he (Obi) will lose and I will lose,” Kwankwaso had said in response to a question on if he’d agree to be Obi’s running mate in the event that the NNPP and Labour enter into an alliance ahead of 2023.

However, Obi, during an interview on Arise TV on Wednesday, punctured Kwankwaso’s claim and attributed such comments by him and some elites to the many challenges facing the country.

Obi’s words: “The comment from my respected elder brother, Kwankwaso, is the reason why we have 100 million Nigerians living in poverty (and) the reason why we have 18 million Nigerian children out of school. It is the reason why we have over 55% of Nigerians on the under or unemployment ladder. It is the reason why Nigeria is unsecured because rather than vote for competence, we choose to vote for incompetence based on a primitive consideration of ethnicity and religion.

“Tell me, today you can’t travel from Abuja to Kaduna by air, road, or train. Is it because somebody from the South-East is in charge? You can’t travel from Abuja to Minna by road. Is it because somebody from the South-East is in charge?

“Yesterday we had an attack on the presidential convoy in Katsina State. Is it because somebody from the South-East is in charge? Show me where you can buy food cheaper, you have uninterrupted electricity or where people are prospering in the North because northerners are in power? In the South West because they are in power? or in the South East.

“What we’ve chosen to do in this country is to consistently hire vehicle drivers to fly the Nigerian airplane instead of hiring qualified pilots. My commitment is, let us campaign and deal with issues of the problem of the country.”

Source:
https://thewhistler.ng/breaking-peter-obi-hits-back-at-kwankwaso-your-promotion-of-ethnicity-religion-reasons-why-100m-nigerians-are-poor/amp/

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by nairavsdollars(f): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
Kwankwaso should gerrout

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by ExplorerReturns(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
When you listen to this man speak you can't help but to love him. Obi is a rare breed politician.

Thank God obi didn't go along with kwankwaso. The man is an ethnic bigot and full of himself. He would have been a clog to the wheel of obi, giving APC urchins the needed dirt to undermine obi.

Obi should go with a nothern technocrat who understands the task ahead which is rescuing Nigeria from the bondage of bad leadership

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Zonefree(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
. My commitment is, let us campaign and deal with issues of the problem of the country.”

Those at the back, is it loud enough?

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Richardonald(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
This obi get sense die

Dude is very intelligent

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Vulturereloaded: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
If we miss this man ! If we miss this man !! If we miss this man !!!

We will have our selves to blame. cry cry cry

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Africana1123(m): 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Yeye people grin ; so no #obi/kwankwaso trend on Twitter again

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by PresidObi: 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Is Peter Obi really a Nigerian?

I never believed any Nigerian can have this kind of excellent reasoning.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Totilopussylick(m): 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso is an unintelligent

Northern politician tongue

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by GoooodHardDick: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2022
peter Obi, man is full of wisdom!!
This is exactly Why Nigeria needs peter Obi!

Nigerians wake up! We may never see a candidate like Obi again. This is the best Chance we have now to remove these ancestors and get Nigeria working again!!!

Together we can get it right this time around. Let's not miss this opportunity. Let's Vote massively for Vote labour party, vote for peter Obi

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by famology(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
What Obi has said is correct but what kwankwaso said is the reality on ground. The average northerner will not vote for an ibo man, whether you accept it or not the results will reflect that.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Tinubuagbado: 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
The truth

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by SmartPolician: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2022
famology:
What Obi has said is correct but what kwankwaso said is the reality on ground. The average northerner will not vote for an ibo man, whether you accept it or not the results will reflect that.

I think the north is divided into:
North East
North West
North Central

I don't think North Central falls into the category of the North you mentioned.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by OkoroBufo: 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Peter Obi is the worst ethnic bigot on the surface of the earth. He talked about security challenges in the North but deceitfully ignored the killings, beheadings, vagina slicing and arson happening in the SE. He has never for once condemned the killings in the SE, not even the killings of Dr. Akunyili, Ahmed Gulak, burning of INEC offices, burning of Northern cows, demolition of their mosques and the gruesome killing of a Northern woman and her four kids.
Are you still surprised that his son, defaced and trampled on the Nigerian flag in a biafran outfit.
The mindset of Peter Obi is same as that of Shekau.

-Okoro bufo

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by famology(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
SmartPolician:

North East
North West
North Central

The core north of North West and North East of course.
I think the north central is more urbane and contemporary except maybe Niger State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Sergio101(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
cool

This is what we call " a grandiloquent submission".

Very intelligent man.

One thing I like the most about obi is....if you throw him a stone, he will not throw back, but will rather use your stone and build his empire.

I so much love the man.

As for the poster above me....@okorobufo and the one below me @Golan007(wonder why I fell in between two mumu). Please answer the question obi asked.

The ASUU strike,is it only South Easterners that are at home??

The yesterday's attacks.....who did it hit most??

Zombification is indeed real.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Golan007: 12:39pm On Jul 06, 2022
Why was Anambra ASUU on strike for 6 moths when Obi was governor?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Henix(m): 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
When you listen to this man speak you can't help but to love him. Obi is a rare breed politician.

Thank God obi didn't go along with kwankwaso. The man is an ethnic bigot and full of himself. He would have been a clog to the wheel of obi, giving APC urchins the needed dirt to undermine obi.

Obi should go with a nothern technocrat who understands the task ahead which is rescuing Nigeria from the bondage of bad leadership

If u are asked to recommend, who will u recommend?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Golan007: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
Sergio101:
cool

This is what we call " a grandiloquent submission".

Very intelligent man.

One thing I like the most about obi is....if you throw him a stone, he will not throw back, but will rather use your stone and build his empire.

I so much love the man.

As for the poster above me....@okorobufo and the one below me @Golan007(wonder why I fell in between two mumu). Please answer the question obi asked.

The ASUU strike,is it only South Easterners that are at home??

The yesterday's attacks.....who did it hit most??

Zombification is indeed real.

Anambra state embarked and sustained a strike action for 6 months whilst Obi was Governor, can you explain why ?

Have you ever heard of Lagos ASUU going on strike outside of a nationwide decision?

Obi is a failure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by rentgyd2000s: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2022
Obi is just different that's why all eyes are on him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by IgbalodeRaymond: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Peter Obi is the worst ethnic bigot on the surface of the earth. He talked about security challenges in the North but deceitfully ignored the killings, beheadings, vagina slicing and arson happening in the SE. He has never for once condemned the killings in the SE, not even the killings of Dr. Akunyili, Ahmed Gulak, burning of INEC offices, burning of Northern cows, demolition of their mosques and the gruesome killing of a Northern woman and her four kids.
Are you still surprised that his son, defaced and trampled on the Nigerian flag in a biafran outfit.

-Okoro bufo
the youths are coming

they have no manifestos to campaign with apart from their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.

But we'll remind them that tribalism won't bring back dollars to at least 400
tribalism won't bring back fuel to 95 naira
tribalism won't send our undergraduates back to school.
tribalism won't fix our security.
tribalism won't develop our economy.

since suffering knows no tribe or religion, since we're suffering together irrespective of our tribe and religion, it's also fair if we get it right together by sending thieves and those who thinks they can rape Nigeria TURN by TURN.
Enough is Enough!!!

2023 will be the youths vs the criminals
it won't be business as usual.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Sergio101(m): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Golan007:

Anambra state embarked and sustained a strike action for 6 months whilst Obi was Governor, can you explain why ?

Have you ever heard of Lagos ASUU going on strike outside of a nationwide decision?

Obi is a failure.

Can't upload pictures.....Sad

But please.

Browse about the cause of the strike.

come back and edit your post.

In the News....."problem that arose from the salary of the Federal and state Lecturers is the cause of the strike".

Also search more on why the strike was called off cool

"obi begged Lecturers to overlook issues on what he tamed ...(Lecturer humiliation )...".

Among the reason is South Eastern governors and not Anambra in particular

So please before flying your propaganda, study everything about what you are about to dish out cool

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by ottersberger(m): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkoroBufo:

-Okoro bufo

You see say nobody bother answer you?. I just say make I still remind you. Dem know say na lies and hatred full your mind. Dem don see you finish, and know say the only thing wey bufo for dis place na you cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by festacman(m): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Obi vs Kwankwanso
Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Golan007: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2022
Sergio101:

Can't upload pictures.....Sad

But please.

Browse about the cause of the strike.

come back and edit your post.

In the News....."problem that arose from the salary of the Federal and state Lecturers is the cause of the strike".

Also search more on why the strike was called of cool

"obi begged Lecturers to overlook issues on what he tamed ...(Lecturer humiliation )...".

Among the reason is South Eastern governors and not Anambra in particular

Whatever the reason, why was Anambra peculiar?

Why are you not making same type of excuses for others including the federal government if not hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by VoteTinubu2023: 12:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
This Peter Obi man and his empty talk. Not once has he even suggested solutions to many of the problems bedevilling this country especially insecurity.

I will like to his security plans that will entirely stop kidnapping and abduction.

Vote Tinubu 2023. Vote APC.
Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Sergio101(m): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Golan007:

Whatever the reason, why was Anambra peculiar?

Why are you not making same type of excuses for others including the federal government if not hypocrisy?

Don't shift the Goalpost yet.
You asked me a question and I answered. I also commanded you edit your post when you are done researching on the cause of the strike.

Now answer the questions Obi asked Bogus like you.

And as I said before......"Zombification is indeed real"

Outta here!!!

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Sergio101(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
This Peter Obi man and his empty talk. Not once has he even suggested solutions to many of the problems bedevilling this country especially insecurity.

I will like to his security plans that will entirely stop kidnapping and abduction.

Wait, did you just say obi has not suggested a solution??

Oga unnecessarily lies is what may not work at all.
market your candidate and don't lie against another person

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Lastmessenger2: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
SmartPolician:

North East
North West
North Central

don't mind that fool because even the north east and north west still have very reasonable people.
Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Golan007: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
Sergio101:

Don't shift the Goalpost yet.
You asked me a question and I answered. I also commanded you edit your post when you are done researching on the cause of the strike.

Now answer the questions Obi asked Bogus like you.

And as I said before......"Zombification is indeed real"

Outta here!!!

Run with your tail between your legs.
Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by Sergio101(m): 1:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
Golan007:

Run with your tail between your legs.
Eat your shit outta me face!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion by sukar886: 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2022
OkoroBufo:

-Okoro bufo
Mumu, tribalism have eating u up, u need to grow up

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

OYIGBO UPDATE aka IJELE SPEAKS AMONG THE KILLERS THAT STORMED MNK LAWYER'S HOUSE / Tinubu Will Show Illiterate Northerners Shege If He Wins - BAT Supporters (Pix) / Throwback Picture: Tinubu, Atiku And Late Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.