Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread - TV/Movies (2562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread (1944513 Views)

Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (4305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Onyi99(f): 8:43am On Aug 30, 2022
Threebear:
Top 5 in no particular order :
Phyna
Bella
Hermes
Musician
Adekunle

Bottom 2:
Giddyfia
Diana

Team Sheggz ...what is this ?

It is only fools that will take you serious on this forum grin

Enjoy it while it last
Please vote Bryann, he is dragging the bottom position with Diana according to your sauce abi source grin

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by TNORWAY: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2022
I see some people voting for doyin
.....chai God for bid
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Amillionnn: 8:48am On Aug 30, 2022
Just thinking aloud; based on what happened to Amaka last night, what if the bb franchise decides to give the viewers the opportunity to vote to turn one of the fake housemates, into a real housemate I mean that would be crazy but we all know who would become the real housemate here.

Just saying…
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Amillionnn: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2022
Hahahahaha honestly I wish same. I couldn’t stand that Dora

meobizy:
Lol. So Amaka had fans like this? I found her extremely annoying and it was a sure sign she’d stay long on the show. If she dodged this, she’d stay till the ninth week or finale. How I wish this happened to Dorathy in the Lockdown season.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by prewtyjulie(f): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2022
thatigboman1:
dont mind fraudulent people. If their nominations don't matter, why ask them to nominate?
And what exactly is deji still doing in the house? Sleeping with dotun.

They should keep up dis new process, until dotun or allyson wins d show

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by DownChelsea(f): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2022
Threebear:
Top 5 in no particular order :
Phyna
Bella
Hermes
Musician
Adekunle

Bottom 2:
Giddyfia
Diana

Team Sheggz ...what is this ?

When I look at EVERY NAME in this top 5.

It's very clear, who will be at the very top. grin

Last Last.
"Plenty Shalaye no dey full basket."
BRYANN (2022)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Bunny19: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2022
KNIGHTBlaed:
Why do I have the feeling that if this Amaka didn't leave, she for just chop better beating from any of the housemates. The girl can be so annoying and frustrating to watch. Everything wrong has to be traced down to her, if she was not nominated out today, she for to enter fights this week.
1st, the girls are already pissed off with the sanitary pad issue this morning, they all must have kept it in mind to enter the girl at any given opportunity. She also got into a mini fight with Chomzy this morning, but Chomzy chose to ignore her.
Again, her chochocho don cause unbalance in the house, the house mates just dey observe her. Then she lies a lot and pretends a lot. The other day, was it not her that took Adekunle's fish stew without permission, at midnight fa, when everyone was sleeping. Na when the guy begin para and all house mates started searching for the thief that she came out to say she was the one and she was still sleeping. Bella wanted to challenge her for taking what's not hers without asking or telling anyone, but she was asked to let it go. Housemates don keep that one for mind again.
The girl never keeps to rules, mic infringement warning all the time, always complaining and challenging biggie's instructions. Only this girl go siddon dey say she's not comfortable with the mic, only her will say she removes her mic when she does not want to talk, but she does not know when she starts talking. Only her will complain about everything. She even say she has 2 extra Ghana must go bags to pack all the remaining groceries from the house.
She's never serious with tasks, almost burnt biggie's house. The other day, everyone was getting set for Komado task, she was busy toasting bread, she even chop punishment for that. She's not a loyal friend and her chochocho for carry better beating give her. She even started neglecting and fighting her level mates just because she wanted to enter the good books of level 1 housemates, her biggest mistake. I am not sure the girl really knows what she wants, maybe that's just how she is outside the house. If that's how she is, then she really need counselling because that girl fit cause war/riot for any community she dey stay.
I feel sad for the girl, but this eviction was always coming for her. She for no fit escape am. As at week 1, she was a potential finalist, but mama kill her game by herself. I never see someone as confused as that girl for my life grin grin grin Biko na my observation o, I come in peace.
Your observation is on point!
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Lauryn41(f): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2022
Phyna
Hermes
Bryan
Adekunle
Bella

Team adekunle more fire please

Or else adekunle will go home on Sunday embarassed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Ambber(f): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2022
Agbgift:

Wish I could give you more likes .
I hope she boycots the show.
not sure she can. She signed a contract
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Sweetpink: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2022
Tacha don drag Doyin!
Very good!
That big eyed bitch who has an opinion on everyone has been served!
Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Sochieke: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2022
Please I'm having issues with this DSTV voting. It keeps saying loading and nothing else. What to do?

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Onyi99(f): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2022
I love how y'all don't rate Bryann on this forum

Una shaleye go soon full basket grin

Please vote Bryann

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Bunny19: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2022
TNORWAY:
.....chai God for bid
Their choice,face ur choice!

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Nhazeru(f): 9:15am On Aug 30, 2022
TNORWAY:
.....chai God for bid

Will you keep quiet!!!

Did you pay for anybody's subscription here?

Mtchwww!!! undecided

6 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by ambivert27(f): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2022
thatigboman1:
she didn't have the highest. She had 6 nominations just like doyin.
Are level 1 housemates God that no one can insult them? Didn't chomzy call level 2 housemates very dirty? And who the hell is idiot black ugly immature Bryan that she can't attack him and who told u the attack was unprovoked. The 5 seconds video biased big brother people played.
Anybody can prefer anybody over anybody, is the punishment for preference now eviction?
Deji's nomination against Doyin was not counted because he's a fake housemate. So Doyin had 5 while Amaka had 6

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Amillionnn: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2022
Kwa kwa kwa

Sweetpink:

Comon getat!

1 Like

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by ebunchi(f): 9:20am On Aug 30, 2022
Big baby Bryann

4 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by ambivert27(f): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2022
Nhazeru:

Will you keep quiet!!!

Did you pay for anybody's subscription here?

Mtchwww!!! undecided
I tire for some crazy fans....like e concern you what I do with my subscription/data?

Stan your faves in peace abeg

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by ambivert27(f): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2022
meobizy:
This Amaka matter dey sweet me scatter. ROFL. I’ll read all the comments concerning her eviction even if there are a hundred pages long. So it’s like this when an irritant is thrown out of the competition? The producers should do this more. Either Sheggz or Bella should collect. I don tire for their gum gum body. Groovy can leave too so Phyna will finally focus.
Go and drag Shella comot na....shebi na only you dey watch the show

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by plsdisvirginme: 9:26am On Aug 30, 2022
Is Doyin and Adekunle in bad terms?
I saw both of them nominating each other yesterday
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Pillar12: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2022
From a reliable source!

Adekunle is dangling around the bottom 3 alongside Diana and Allyson.

ISLANDERS what is going on

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by stevebond007(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2022
Spreading votes between Daniella, Doyin and Bryann.

Goooood Morning Nairalanders.

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Giel: 9:30am On Aug 30, 2022
Everyone is just looking cute this morning.
Bella, Chomzy, Chichi, Doyin
Even Allysyn on her clown outfit.

Sheggz wear your clown outfit and allow Bella draw on your face peacefully. Big brother no dey smile these days.
Bella no dey even pity shegg sha. Just drawing whatever she wants on his face LMAO. Aww. she wrote her name on his face and drew a heart lol, my loved up babe
She says she owns him just incase they don't know.

Allysyn and Sheggz will suffer this week Sha grin
Chizzy now wants to write on Sheggz face. grin
Sheggz isn't happy with both of them LMAO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Aguwanyi: 9:30am On Aug 30, 2022
LordTheus:

The math has been done. However, If you're going to hinge your arguments on the Instagram followership of housemates, then I should probably bring to your attention that Cameron Cole, the winner of the latest Big Brother UK 19 (2018) has only 26.3k followers on Instagram. The previous winner of BBUK 18 (2017), Isabelle Warburton has just 80.5k followers.

If we should compare and contrast from the BBUS winners of the same years, we'll find that the 2017 winner of BBUS Josh Martinez has 231k followers on Instagram. The 2018 winner Kaycee Clark has 493k on the same app.
Picture 1: 2018 BBUK winner Instagram
Picture 2: 2018 BBUS winner Instagram

In light of this, let's examine the next few statements in your post...

The Nigerian version of the series adopted the European voting system, which was popularized by Big Brother UK.

Now, if truly, as you claim, viewer participation is the sole causal factor behind Big Brother Housemate followership, then how come Big Brother celebrities from America and Canada happen to be more popular and/or have more followers than their British counterparts? Remember, the UK version of BB allows audience to fully decide, via voting, who stays and who goes. Therefore, there is complete viewer participation.

** This is only semantics but I just thought I should remind you that by Western TV series, I'm talking of both American and the UK.

Your argument would have been more compelling if your claim that there is a causal relationship between viewer participation and housemate followership were true, but as shown above, the connection doesn't exist.

The reason BB isn't as big in the western world as it is here is simply because of the plethora of other reality shows available with equal or higher popularity. Big Brother in the western world is just a run of the mill. Compare it to The Kardashians for example. In Nigeria, Big Brother has complete domination over the reality TV world.

I don't agree with this assertion. In fact, I find it a little bit spurious. The American BB version is objectively far more entertaining and engaging in terms of the strategy and alliances and manipulation that is exhibited. The gameplay format also influenced other competitions like Survivor, The Challenge etc.

If you were making the argument that BBUS is amoral and apathetic towards housemates' integrity and moral values, that's a different argument. But the truth is BBUS embodies the social, psychological nuances of the series' source material, 1984 by George Orwell. And it embodies it far better than the British or African versions ever could. The psychological manipulation, power control, the intentional distortion of previous events that happened, the use of rhetoric, betrayal etc.

I can argue that all of these makes for more compelling and dramatic reality TV that keeps viewers invested. Ultimately, it comes down to preference. You can't just assume that nobody has any emotional investment to BBUS because there is no audience participation.... Oh wait there actually is because the audience still get to vote for their favorite housemate at the end of the series and the highest voted is announced on the same night of the real winner. So....

I agree with you here. The twists this year have been bland and/or careless. The organizers need to do better. The housemate voting twist was handled better in Big Brother Lockdown.
Not trying to be rude but can you guys just exchange phone numbers to discuss this...

5 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Geezeem: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2022
Sheggz ooo cheesy
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Giel: 9:31am On Aug 30, 2022
Sheggz wear your skirt.
Big brother is not smiling.
He wants HoH Dotun to confirm from Biggie if he has to wear the skirt.
Chomzy, Chizzy and Bella are telling him to wear it.
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Geezeem: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2022
Bella wrote her name and drew love on sheggz face... he complained about the her name, she said it's so that people will know she owns him... grin

He said she is the worst girlfriend ever... all jokes grin

7 Likes

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by ambivert27(f): 9:33am On Aug 30, 2022
garfield1:

Does he even have a real team
Of course he has
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by COOL10(m): 9:33am On Aug 30, 2022
Sheggz, it's like you don't know Biggie is not in a good mood. Don't wear your skirt you hear undecided undecided
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Geezeem: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2022
Sheggz stubborn sha... Bella told her too. Na when biggy increases his punishment, his eyes go clear sad
Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by Hohenheim(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2022
Abeg Phyna is not topping o, my sources told me she's at the bottom 5 o. Please dash her some votes embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBNaija 2022 Live Updates Thread by ambivert27(f): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2022
plsdisvirginme:
Is Doyin and Adekunle in bad terms?
I saw both of them nominating each other yesterday
Yeah, Adekunle has been spreading false rumours against Doyin....so it's mutual
Crazy times, crazy vibes indeed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (4305) (Reply)

Korean Movies Chatroom / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.