Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Nah God Dey Give Pikin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nah God Dey Give Pikin (259 Views)

Yorubas Too Dey Lie, The History Of Ogiame And The Oba Rift / Obinna Ozoemena Ambrose Gay Pikin / If Truly You Are Olden Days Pikin Then You'll Know These[pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nah God Dey Give Pikin by Truthsoldier(m): 10:25am On Jul 07, 2022
Good day Nairalanders

There is this thing I have seen in this parts of the world and it is giving me a lot of concern, which I think is hinged on the issue of poverty, ignorance,tradition and religious indoctrination.
We complain of poverty and bad economic situations in this country yet you see people breeding children, in a family you see couples struggling to survive yet having babies with no adequate spacing and most of these children looks uncared for and hungry.
I used to live in a public yard in the past, in that compound every year three to four women must give birth,and these women most times in space of just merely a year,their husbands don't have like a kind of business that yields much income,the women struggling yet producing babies and that's the only time you will see joy in the compound as kids and even adults will be announcing that 'mama so so and so' has put to birth,and they will go visit her in the maternity or wait for her when she returns from there.
Sometimes I will just be like 'haba dis people no dey tire',whenever I try to bring that line of argument,some people will say 'Na God dey give pikin o' a way of saying 'It's God that gives children' but I say 'God nor give you sense to use?'.
Most people in search of a particular gender of children goes on to have multiple children, that's how one of my colleagues in search of a male child went ahead to have six girls, luckily for her she just put to birth and now she has twins,a boy and a girl making it eight children and none in secondary or tertiary institution yet.
I have in mind to have just three children, this is not a matter of no money or whatever, money is not the issue here and having these kids is going to be with adequate spacing, and I think this will help give more time to properly rear my kids and enjoy my marriage very well.
Re: Nah God Dey Give Pikin by HarlequinLekex: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2022
Babaric culture for babaric people

(1) (Reply)

The Silent Conspiracy. / Go To Finnish Nairaland And Bring Something Back / Bomo-olodi Socio-cultural Group Inaugurates New Exco; Honours Personalities For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.