Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans (1036 Views)

Google Machine Learning Bootcamp Email / For Those Willing To Be Data Analyst, Machine Learning Guru / Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Brainmer: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2022
The <SSA Google Developers Machine Learning Bootcamp> is a program for those that want to become machine learning developers.

The goal of this program is for the participants to study machine learning theories and eventually become able to solve engineering problems in actual job situations. We will provide an environment for self-study and various opportunities to whet your motivation.

Screened participants are required to complete a training course in deep learning, a ML certification, and a hands-on project in 4 months. Those that complete all of them will be given a chance to apply for a full-time job or an intern position in companies that provide services involving machine learning.

We have the practical project option, enriched the sessions for resume writing and career development, and expanded the employment potential by partnering with more businesses to ensure that our participants will come out even stronger for the job market.

Schedule

Apply: 4th July - 16th July 2022
Announcement: 27th July 2022
Program Start: 1st August 2022
Program Ends: 25th November 2022

Requirements

You must have basic programming experience in Python.
Given this program's purpose, your personal goal must be to find employment at an IT company or a startup as a full-time worker or intern. If you are just interested in learning about machine learning, this program is not for you.
You must not have previously completed any of the training components offered in this program (Coursera Deep Learning Specialization, TensorFlow certification, GCP Professional Data Engineer certification, and GCP Professional ML Engineer certification).
Your English comprehension skills should be good enough to understand the training components mentioned above as they are conducted in English without an interpretation service.
The whole program will take about 4 months. You must be willing to work hard and learn during this time.
While we will set up online meetings and provide some mentoring to encourage your studies, you have to learn on your own

https://rsvp.withgoogle.com/events/google-machine-learning-bootcamp_c2f384

1 Like

Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Runningwater(m): 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2022
I applied to this after seeing it in opportunitiesforafricans dot com website. I'm glad you shared it here for fellow Nigerians to see and apply if qualified. I shared on my Twitter account.

Did you applied??
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Brainmer: 2:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
Runningwater:
I applied to this after seeing it in opportunitiesforafricans dot com website. I'm glad you shared it here for fellow Nigerians to see and apply if qualified. I shared on my Twitter account.

Did you applied??

I am have not started learning machine learning i didn't apply.
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Runningwater(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Brainmer:

I am have not started learning machine learning i didn't apply.

But that's why the program was setup

To teach you machine learning then employment follows if qualified
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by awesomeJ(m): 12:30am On Jul 16, 2022
Runningwater:

But that's why the program was setup

To teach you machine learning then employment follows if qualified
Please how was the quiz like?
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Vicky2k(m): 2:30am On Jul 16, 2022
Basic Python3 Quiz Questions. They ask basic questions to gauge prior programming experience like github username, how many lines of code written, social media handles and a pull request you have made I submitted my application though I know I didn't get all the correct answers. Today is the last day to apply

1 Like

Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Runningwater(m): 10:17am On Jul 16, 2022
awesomeJ:

Please how was the quiz like?

The python quiz was in area in OOP, DSA, Function, Regex and File

About 10 questions or so. I won't lie I use Google to do some research on some questions. For the DSA a question about what's the Big O notation for data insert for list I think so and others came.

It was just beginner questions.
I just hope I got enrolled into the program
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by awesomeJ(m): 6:37am On Jul 19, 2022
Runningwater:

The python quiz was in area in OOP, DSA, Function, Regex and File

About 10 questions or so. I won't lie I use Google to do some research on some questions. For the DSA a question about what's the Big O notation for data insert for list I think so and others came.

Big thanks bro, but beginners get levls. Those questions seemed quite advanced imo. Thanks again, we wait for 27th.

It was just beginner questions.
I just hope I got enrolled into the program

I'd like to have private chat with you though about software engineering in general.

Do you mind sharing your WhatsApp contact, or could you send me "hi' on 8072954989.
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by MRML: 8:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
I also applied for the Bootcamp. The result is supposed to be out today.
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by MRML: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Runningwater:

Did you applied??

I did
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Josfem(m): 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
Did anyone get a mail today? I've been refreshing my mail all day.
Re: Google Machine Learning Scholarship For Africans by Runningwater(m): 5:55am On Jul 28, 2022
MRML:

I did

Were you accepted??

I didn't get any email that I got accepted

(1) (Reply)

Trying To Incorporate Plugin Into Operamini 4.2 / Request For Software Solution For Oil And Gas And Banks / The Ultimate Tutorial Website For Java, Android, C#, ASP.NET, VB, JS, Html, etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.