Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male (341 Views)

Go Back To Nigeria English Fans Mocks And Racially Abuse Bukayo Saka / Italians Tore The Net In Wembley!! Why Won't English Fans Attack Them!!! / Euro2020: English Fans Attack Italian Fans After Losing The Final Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male by openmine(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
England international Nikita Parris has told fans to stop comparing the men's and women’s games as Women's Euro 2022 gets under way.

Parris, 28, was an unused substitute as the Lionesses beat Austria 1-0 at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

And with extra eyes on the women’s game as England hosts the Euros, the Liverpudlian has called for people to stop the comparisons and just enjoy the show.

Parris told the Reign with Josh Smith podcast: "I think the most frustrating part is how people directly compare the men’s and the women's game because men and women, historically, physically, emotionally, mentally are very different human beings.

"Men are built in a certain way that allows them to have more power, more physical presence than a woman has.

"So for me, when you try and compare the men's game, and they say the women's game is much slower, that's a real frustration because people tend to always directly compare and never see the beauty in what the women's game does produce.

"There’ll always be these direct comparisons to the women's game.

"Then there's the argument about the pay and how the women's game doesn't produce as much money as the men and that's true, we don't have the revenue that the men do, but our game is 50 years behind the men's.

"So we need to allow it to have time to be able to develop. The depth and quality of players is so much more vast in the men's game than it is the women's."

https://www.livescore.com/en/news/womens-euro-2022-england-nikita-parris-2022070714561392125/

Re: Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male by adefitim(m): 8:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
But y’all championing equal right for both genders now so deal with the comparison

1 Like

Re: Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male by VeryWickedMan: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2022
That is if you count what they do as football

20 women chasing one ball, scoring own goals, tackling their own team mates in the process... Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male by RedChiefPriest: 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
The sane truth is men and women are 2 different gender.
There are things men can do with ease and women can't
And there are things women can do with ease that men can't.
I will tell my son,be yourself and don't let anybody lower your self-esteem.
I will tell my daughter,be yourself and don't allow anybody lower your self-esteem.

Dj! 2 cups of palmwine and 4 plate of kulikuli
Barman! Play me "Love yourself " by Amir Khan and sound sultan.

1 Like

Re: Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male by MMWandali: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2022
Yes to social and political equality
But, no to feminism

Female soccer is important too
But needs more improvement
Re: Parris Urges English Fans To Stop Comparing Female Soccer To That Of The Male by Theboy21: 6:18am On Jul 08, 2022
But the way the way dem carry equal right for head...

(1) (Reply)

Joe Aribo moves to Southampton from Rangers / Manchester United's Lineup Vs Crystal Palace / Report Claims Cristiano Ronaldo Is Open To Sensational Move To Former Rival Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.