Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

I Remain A Strong Member Of Apc, I've Not Defected To NNPP - Engr Akak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remain A Strong Member Of Apc, I've Not Defected To NNPP - Engr Akak (217 Views)

Ganduje's Son, Umar Loses House Of Reps Seat To NNPP's Jobe / Nine House Of Assembly Members Defect To NNPP From PDP / I Have Not Defected To APC – Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remain A Strong Member Of Apc, I've Not Defected To NNPP - Engr Akak by Obio4real(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2022
By Obio Monday

Businessman and former governorship aspirant in Cross River State, Engr Ben Akak has debunked reports that he has defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the New Nigerian People’s Party (NNPP).

Reacting to a post shared on Facebook by Engr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, the NNPP Presidential Candidate, who posted that Engr Akak is the governorship candidate of NNPP in Cross River State, Engr insisted that he is a strong member of the APC and urged his supporters to disregard the rumour as it is fake.

Engr Kwankwaso’s post had read:

“Engr Ben Akak NNPP Gubernatorial candidate (Cross Rivers State) and Hon Chris Injar Ogar (Serving member Cross Rivers House of Assembly Etung constituency), in company of the NNPP State Chairman and Hon Yakubu Shendam (NNPP Candidate House Of Representatives BOKI/IKOM Federal Constituency) Paid a solidarity visit (7th July, 2022) to the NNPP Presidential candidate HE Engr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, PhD, FNSE in Abuja.”

In statement signed on his behalf by Mr. Isaiah Ekpenyong, Engr Akak said though he visited Engr Kwankwaso, his visit had nothing to do with defecting to the NNPP.

The statement read in full:

MEETING WITH HIS EXCELLENCY, ENGR. RABIU MUSA KWANKWASO: ENGR. BEN AKAK REMAINS AN APC MEMBER, IGNORE ANY MESSAGE TO THE CONTRARY.

Our attention has been drawn to a message posted on the Facebook page of His Excellency, Engr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso suggesting that Engr. Ben Akak is now the NNPP gubernatorial candidate in Cross River State for the 2023 elections and widely shared by other media platforms, and strongly believe the meeting between Engr. Ben Akak and Engr Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso recently, may have been misrepresented in that message.

We want to categorically state that as a politician, Engr. Ben Akak is at liberty to meet with political leaders and statesmen who wish for a better Nigeria and we are very uncomfortable when such meetings are misrepresented to give different meaning to what it is, while leaders are still meeting.

We therefore wish to let the Public, his supporters and well wishers know that Engr. Ben Akak for now remains a strong APC member in Cross River State and that they should ignore any/every message to the contrary, no matter where such message is coming from.

Any change of position will be made known by Engr. Ben Akak and not by a third party.

E-signed

Ekpenyong Isaiah

For: Engr. Ben Akak

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2022/07/i-remain-a-strong-member-of-apc-ive-not-defected-to-nnpp-engr-akak.html?amp=1

Re: I Remain A Strong Member Of Apc, I've Not Defected To NNPP - Engr Akak by Realond: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2022
Get your telegram and whatsapp verification in bulk

Re: I Remain A Strong Member Of Apc, I've Not Defected To NNPP - Engr Akak by Zonefree(m): 10:30am On Jul 08, 2022
Who cares undecided
Re: I Remain A Strong Member Of Apc, I've Not Defected To NNPP - Engr Akak by realstars: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2022
It will even good for you if you leave apc, remember what they did to umahi, akpabio, and ayade, shine ya eyes and
free ya self.
Re: I Remain A Strong Member Of Apc, I've Not Defected To NNPP - Engr Akak by ExplorerReturns(m): 10:39am On Jul 08, 2022
Good to know. But know that the evil party apc will do you no good

(1) (Reply)

As Far As I Am Concern, Peter Obi & Kwankwaso Are Better Than Atiku / Hold Peter Obi Responsible If Anything Happens To Me – Reno Omokri Cries Out / Jonathan Estate residence Calls The Attention Of Sanwo-olu Over Recent Flooding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.