Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style (1152 Views)

Datti Baba-ahmed At Joy FM Sokoto Today (Video, Photos) / Datti Baba-Ahmed: Confusion Over Peter Obi's Running Mate’s Age / Datti Baba-Ahmed Unveiled As Labour Party VP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
Watch Labour Party's VP dish out 23 practical solutions to Nigeria's challenges in just 23 minutes!

THE MAIN MAIN VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVdCMFY64vk

In my curiosity to know who Datti Baba-Ahmed really is (passion, philosophy, and not mere biographies), I found this interesting interview he granted to Nigerians in London. Watch this 23 mins video to better understand what Peter and Datti's candidacy will mean for Nigerians, especially to the young, the hungry, the powerless and the rich and powerful too.

In what he summarily put as "Presidential Economic Development Initiative for General Redirection of Economy and Empowerment (PEDIGREE)", Datti Baba-Ahmed, in a 23-minutes speech practically sums up cogent reasons behind Nigeria's failure as a country and articulates solutions to them. Nigerians, please listen to this man's philosophy, and as you do; think about Peter Obi's philosophy.

23/23: The Datti Baba-Ahmed Way:

1. A prosperous Nigeria needs strong systems; not strong politicians.

2. We need a country with formidable "structures", not party systems or politicians with country-wide "structures".

3. Nigeria's succession plan, not party or politician's succession plan.

4. A Nigeria whose sustenance relies on functional institutions and patriotic people, not just on the president, and other executive leadership.

5. A secure country with a low crime rate, stable economy, and growing "legitimate income" of citizens and public servants.

6. Nigeria where the citizens step out to fish out good leaders, not frolick or sympathize with fraudulent politicians.

7. Today's Nigeria needs a president that can "micro-manage" all sectors through a competent executive team. As hard as that sounds, it is doable and needful.

8. Governing and governance systems that are people-data-and-tech-driven, resulting in efficient and accountable public sector management and leadership.

9. A country with functional ports and borders equipped with heavy use of technology. A 24-48 hours clearing system where smuggling and merchandising are at a minimum.

10. A country that is able to identify its citizens (and plan for their needs), with an engaged population that has no time for terrorism. Push the criminals underground!

11. A government that can force past politicians who have stolen from Nigeria to fund the acquisition of public goods: a smart way to enforce asset recovery.

12. A Nigeria where people know they can be called to account. Allowing us to fizzle out the lawlessness and impunity, and hold public officers accountable.

13. Public sector ministries with subject matter experts as ministers who would ensure proper service delivery and accountability at all levels.

14. What do we need most? A PEDIGREE! "Presidential Economic Development Initiative for General Redirection of Economy and Empowerment".

15. Made in Nigeria products, starting first with services we can provide with verifiable standards that benefit the end-users: Nigerians.

16. A Nigeria, where stealing public funds is near impossible: closed national basket (not the usual national cake and money-sharing formula).

17. Weave Nigeria's economic basket such that our economic power is retained. An inter-woven structure for every sector, industry, and service organization.

18. A Nigeria where work becomes life: with the interconnectedness of means of livelihood and one's value and living standard.

19. A Nigeria with a free-market system, reducing government interference in a way that helps businesses thrive and still affords the commons of the society access to services.

20. An efficient system where public services are accessible within record timelines. Streamlined systems that abhor unnecessary paperwork.

21. Partnership with local and diaspora Nigerians to collaborate, mentor, build, transfer equity and invest in Nigeria. With a secure mind that ensures mutual benefits.

22. Made in Nigeria tourism, medical services, transportation, education, goods, and services: all meeting locally-set standards that are at par with international standards.

23. A Nigeria with disciplined service professionals: from bricklayers to Engineers, to shoemakers to everything. Revive professional standardization and service standards.

Why do I find these fascinating?

I was born and partly raised in a remote village in Eha-Amufu Enugu state, where the best of us have far less hope of surviving life than the average Nigerian. Where, at a time, the sight of a passing vehicle is a day's dream come true. Where mothers gave birth in their homes since hospitals were nonexistent. Where the average of us had not set an eye on a functional electric bulb for lack of it or other amenities that depend on power to function. Where every adult is a farmer, and labor to raise crops without access to markets to sell them. As a border town to the North, we lived peacefully with the Middle Belt/Northerners (Idoma-Benue axis) and co-habited peacefully with nomadic Fulanis, to the point that they and our people inter-marry. Today, the people we once loved, welcomed and allowed to graze freely have seized our farmlands, graze on peoples' hard-earned farms, kill farmers on sight, rape women in the farms and threaten peaceful living in most of the Enugu communities they operate in. What happened?

Although no benefit from a country we form a part of, we loved, cherished, and wished Nigeria well through the meticulous recitation of Nigeria's national anthem in the school every morning. Today, we have a country where bad leadership and other social vices have turned us all against each other. Making us forget the real issues of abject lack, endemic hunger, insecurity, man-eat-man, poor standard of living, and in fact failing systems garnished with hopelessness.

As a (once) less than an average Nigerian who has tested the pains of building from scratch from no-handed privileges. I can relate to the pains of fellow Nigerians who suffer the problems Datti has put forward. It is easy to blame Nigerians (and the youths) for being lazy. But truth be told, we have systems that decorate, promote and adore criminality. This is why it is easier today to become a criminal than lead an honorable means of livelihood and life. I am fascinated to see the simplicity of these solutions and their plausible applicability to the Nigerian polity nowadays. Here's a man speaking to the issue directly without prior thinking, reading from the pages, or pointing accusing fingers - and yet hitting the nail on the head. Peter and Datti have what it takes to usher in a government system that faces the job and does not complain about past leadership failures.

The call of a Nation:

I call on fellow Nigerians to shove tribalism and religion aside, take the chance and support this duo. Peter and Datti can redirect our country to a path of hope.

INDEED, A NEW NIGERIA IS POSSIBLE.
--------------

More videos of interviews with this gentleman:

Datti Baba-Ahmed, determined to Fix Nigeria:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xflG2ksCN8

Datti Baba-Ahmed vows to stabilize Nigeria (part 1):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynl9XtcRopE

Datti Baba-Ahmed vows to stabilize Nigeria (part 2):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L06nsl_wVK8

Datti Baba-Ahmed vows to stabilize Nigeria (part 3):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnM_6H4uGQk

Datti Baba-Ahmed vows to stabilize Nigeria (part 4):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QK6mkFIXH4

Datti Baba-Ahmed vows to stabilize Nigeria (part 5):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVdCMFY64vk&t=1228s

Datti Baba -Ahmed PhD, meets Nigerian proffessionals in London (Part 1):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Qkgc5eMwQ

Datti Baba -Ahmed PhD, meets Nigerian proffessionals in London (Part 2):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0gmjMTIOV8

Datti Baba -Ahmed PhD, meets Nigerian proffessionals in London (Part 3):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIINleNMfWM

Follow via major social channels: @thewilfreds

4 Likes

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2022
God Bless Nigeria and bless Nigerians wherever they live!

3 Likes

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by tillaman(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
I like this dude
Heaven knows if this man is in charge of economy then everything will thrive judging by his aura
Young, Energetic and Smart

4 Likes

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Helpfromabove1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2022
Sound very intelligent but can they win ?

Osibanjo's manifesto was the most intelligent at the APC presidential candidate election but he did not win not even second Nigeria is not reap for intelligent politicians , politic in Nigeria is played in the Nigerian way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Durabest: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2022
The way colanut sounds no be so e sweet.Vote Tinubu and have peace of mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2022
Me too man, for once I am getting very interested in what becomes of our country's politics.
tillaman:
I like this dude

2 Likes

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by eunisam: 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
This is Indomitable team. Let's make Nigeria great! We are truly the leaders of tomorrow. We are tired of our ancestors ruling us

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Mhurfhy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Let's watch and see how it goes

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
I am not looking at manifestos, I am looking at antecedents (make time to look into his records). I see no reason a duo like this can't win election in a country like Nigeria if the people come out to vote. Think about the demographic make-up of our population!
Helpfromabove1:

Osibanjo's manifesto was the most intelligent at the APC presidential candidate election but he did not win not even second Nigeria is not reap for intelligent politicians , politic in Nigeria is played in the Nigerian way
Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
SMH, bro its ok to support whoever tickles your fancy. But I know what I have lost in Nigeria in the past decades and I am tired if you aren't.
Peace.
Durabest:

5 Likes

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by eunisam: 3:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
Helpfromabove1:

When do you think Nigeria will be ripe if not now? Oga when?

2 Likes

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Onogiede(m): 3:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
Durabest:
may current Nigeria situation fall on you

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Oilwell(m): 3:25pm On Jul 08, 2022
The time to fix Nigeria is now.

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Paretomaster1(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
Na Pandora go spoil market for this dude..... Mkpurumiri addicts have so much cause damage to their political ambition, if not it would have been a smooth ride..

Till today they are still attacking anything North down there in the East...

;DI hear Dangote Drivers reject going to the East to deliver cement, they prefer South South, even the few Igbo drivers refuse to go to their Land ��� grin

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Vistra40: 3:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
Helpfromabove1:

Will God come from heaven and vote for them?
Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by naija4life247: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
The Mauritanian cattle rearer thinks we are all idiots like the Obituarists that have been pushing him

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 3:32pm On Jul 08, 2022
I'm not sure what this is about, but don't you drive through South East to get into South South?
Paretomaster1:
Na Pandora go spoil market for this dude..... Mkpurumiri addicts have so much cause damage to their political ambition, if not it would ha e been a smooth ride..

Till today they are still attacking anything North down there in the East...

I hear Dangote Drivers reject going to the East to deliver cement, they prefer South South, even the few Igbo drivers refuse to go to their Land ���

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Paretomaster1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
StudentsNG:
I'm not sure what this is about, but don't you drive through South East to get into South South?

You dont have to, u can go to the South South through Benue, you can as well take Benin, Warri etc.. To PH.

This is a fact, the worse place is Orlu, Arohukwu etc..
Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 3:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
Okay I see, I suppose those are truly alternative routes depending on which part of South South one is headed.
But dear brother, the security situation in South East (NorthEast and the West) are what they are today because of leadership failure.
We need to unite and fix it. I personally see solution in Peter and Datti's candidacy. I don't know about others.

Paretomaster1:

You dont have to, u can go to the South South through Benue, you can as well take Benin, Warri etc.. To PH.

This is a fact, the worse place is Orlu, Arohukwu etc..
Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by ThinkSmarter: 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
It will surprise you that some state government like Akwaibom are taking these measures better than the FG

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by StudentsNG: 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2022
I think you need to grow up.
I have 3 kids: 1 is Nigerian, 2 are Canadian-Nigerians.
What stops them from becoming Canadian president someday? Grow up, the world moved on long ago.

naija4life247:
The Mauritanian cattle rearer thinks we are all idiots like the Obituarists that have been pushing him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by techWriter3: 5:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
God Bless Nigeriansns and bless Nigeriansnsns wherever they die!
Re: 23 Ways To Fix Nigeria In 23 Minutes - The Datti Baba-ahmed Style by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
Helpfromabove1:

No, just say Nigeria is not right for your vote

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throwback When APC Asked Diaspora Supporters To Donate Using Quickteller / See How Yoruba People See Peter Obi / FRESH Crisis Brews In LP As Campaign Council Tilts Towards Southeast, Obi Accuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.