Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,340 members, 7,850,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:45 PM

Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti (341 Views)

Femi, Yeni Kuti Remember Mum 20 Years After Death (Photos) / Yeni Kuti Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos) / I Don’t Think I Need Marriage – Jaywon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti by Jenniferchuma10: 8:22am On Jul 09, 2022
Popular singer and former dancer, Omoyeni ‘Yeni‘ Anikulapo-Kuti has stated that women do not need marriage to be fulfilled or complete.

Women don't need marriage to be fulfilled-Yeni Kuti
Yeni, who is the daughter of Afro Beat singer Fela Kuti, revealed this during an interview with Saturday Beats.

The singer believes that women have grown more independent and have had a better sense of who they are and they now know that they do not necessary need marriage to be feel fulfilled.

She said; “I think women have become more independent and now know who they are. They now know that they don’t have to be married to ‘be somebody’ (fulfilled or complete). They now know that they are a person in their own right. For me, it is a good thing. Women are now getting married because they want to, not just because they want to addressed as somebody’s wife.”

Contrary to what many might believe, Yeni also disclosed that she never did enjoy benefits that comes with being the daughter of Fela Kuti while growing up “I did not enjoy any benefits because back then, people used to look down on us because we were Fela’s children”, she said.

On whether she did enjoy the benefits as an adult, she said:

“No, I did not. My father felt sorry for me when I was over 30 years old and bought my sister and I a television. However, I could afford to buy myself a TV then because I was already working.

My father did not spoil children. The best treatment we had then as children were chopper bikes and before we got them, my mum had to speak for us.”

When queried about the changes she’d like to see in the country, she said, “I desire a leader who has the genuine interest of Nigeria at heart. I do not want a leader that is self-centered but one who considers the people all the time.

Copied from �
https://www.trendinghub.ng/women-dont-need-marriage-to-be-fulfilled-yeni-kuti/

Re: Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 09, 2022
True.. women please listen to her.. don't get married

Work. Be baby mama's, get dildos and leave men alone.
Re: Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti by blazingblender(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2022
No one asked for your long story
We are talking about election here
You are telling us this pitiable tale
Everyone knows just go get your self a PVC and be OBIdient
Peace out cool cool
Re: Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti by blazingblender(m): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2022
Thantayo:
True.. women please listen to her.. don't get married

Work. Be baby mama's, get dildos and leave men alone.
angry grin cool
Re: Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti by Aboks(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2022
Who is this

Re: Women Don’t Need Marriage To Be Fulfilled-yeni Kuti by MadamVanessa(f): 8:43am On Jul 09, 2022
shocked

She's absolutely correct.

I got fulfilled when I am around my dildos and having a good life that I should.

(1) (Reply)

Doja Cat Loses 200K Followers After Slamming Noah Schnapp Who Gaimed 2M / Popular Nollywood Actress Adah Ameh (emu Johnson) Is Dead / Bbnaija: “everybody Dey Knack For This House” – Amaka And Phyna Said Gossiping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.