Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

A New Pattern? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Pattern? (658 Views)

(must Read): Catholic Priest Writes INEC, Demands New Pattern Of Ballot Paper / List Of NDA Victims Names, Religion And State Of Origin. Do You See The Pattern? / APC, PDP Senators-elect Clash Over Voting Pattern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Pattern? by TONYE001(m): 8:59am On Jul 09, 2022
I have observed a new pattern as regards the 2023 elections.

Usually, elections in Nigeria have always been between the ruling party and the "biggest" opposition party. 2023 seems to be different. It appears the PDP and APC have agreed to turn their attention to LP which has fast become the third force. I have watched Mr. Dino's video urging Peter Obi to wait for a future time. Reno is currently on a steady attack online.

This submission isn't a talk about whether PO would win this election or not. Politics in Nigeria is too unpredictable. The elite continues to use illiteracy and poverty to manipulate the electorate. This is a major reason why they don't want to squarely solve these two. They'd rather a good chunk of the masses remains poor so that they'd continue to use them as tools to achieve their greedy political aspirations.

If you dig into Reno's history online, you would find him worshiping PO. All the while PO was in the PDP, Reno did not attack him. Once PO decides to move to a more reasonable party, Reno surfaces and begins to shoot at him. The beautiful thing here is that PO hardly replies to his attackers. He is civil, well-articulated, brilliant, and goal-oriented. When he grants an interview, he uses the limited time to share his plans for the country instead of attacking those that want to remain in power forever.

Politics in our country has become bitter, too bitter. Discussing politics makes me doubt if those that go to school get educated. It is shocking to hear some people speak about politics. The choices some of us make are shocking, to be honest. I've heard professors of medicine, consultants, and other authorities of health support candidates whose poor health would hardly allow them to rule effectively. But this is not the medicine they teach us. How many times did President Buhari travel abroad for treatment? How long was he away? How much of our commonwealth has he spent on his health? If you had an organization and you were to interview someone like Mr. President for a position, would you employ him? Of course, aside from his competence, the next thing HR would think of is the amount of company money that would be drained by his health!

But we must understand that we all have the right to make independent choices. I understand. We must all respect this. We cannot continue to play bitter politics. We cannot continue to be toxic against each other because of politicians that don't even know we exist. We cannot spread hatred now. Our country is at a very crucial moment. It is already stressed to its limits. An additional stressor may cause irreparable damages.

We tend to think that the first step to effecting a change in our country is voting for the right candidate. This is not entirely true. As far as the Nigerian situation remains like this, the outcome of any election may not be different! The 10.5 million uneducated Nigerian children will continue to be tools for corrupt Nigerians. The 95 million poor Nigerians will continue to be manipulated by corrupt politicians. It is estimated that we are about 206 million. That is, over 50% of us are vulnerable. The other 50% will further be divided along the lines of religion and tribe.

The first step to effecting a reasonable change, therefore, is to attack this anomaly. We must radically ensure that more Nigerians are educated. We must kick poverty away from our society. We must tell ourselves the simple truth: there is no religious or tribal intolerance amongst common Nigerians. I served in a middle-belt state. We were nine corps members at the time. Christians, Muslims. Southerners, northerners. We loved ourselves. We watched out for each other. This is the real truth out there. It is those that want to remain in power forever that create the picture of this ethno-religious hatred. As long as we continue to put fuel to this evil furnace they have set, they would continue to be in power. The day we realize that we can be a population of sane, civil, detribalized, and logical people, a new Nigeria would be born.

The question is, who will bell the cat? Who will?

We have a rare opportunity today. This is another opportunity to vote for credible candidates. I only wish we can get it right this time.

PS: Let's try and be civil in the comments. The change begins with us all. If we can't tolerate ourselves here, na for the real world we go come tolerate ourselves?

cc: Lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Pattern? by RedPiller(m): 9:21am On Jul 09, 2022
When I tell you an average ''offline'' notherner doesn't know about LP (PO) existence, you might disagree.

But its the bitter truth.

Obi is only in SE angry
Re: A New Pattern? by TONYE001(m): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2022
RedPiller:
When I tell you an average ''offline'' notherner doesn't know about LP (PO) existence, you might disagree.

Obi is only in SE angry

Honestly, this post isn't about whether PO would win or not.

It's just an attack on the horrible situation of things in our country.

3 Likes

Re: A New Pattern? by Ddeliverer007(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2022
RedPiller:

Obi is only in SE angry

Until then, we go know if tinubu na southwest or south east. Lol.

Obi would win in at least 24states in Nigeria, with over 80% win margin.

3 Likes

Re: A New Pattern? by kingphilip(m): 12:56pm On Jul 09, 2022
Poverty, illiteracy and ethnic-religious sentiments coupled with voter apathy of the educated will keep costing Nigeria and Nigerians good leaders and leadership.

Poverty enables and facilitates votes buying; illiteracy makes the uneducated not to research about the candidates but rather influences them to vote along ethnic or religious lines; ethno-religious sentiments makes even those who claim to be literate to vote their ethnic or religious inclined person rather than the most qualified candidates while voters apathy which have been the bane in previous elections majorly among the enlightened ones will keep making the illiterates to vote in anyhow candidates.

But I think a change have started with regards to the voters apathy with the continous registration for Voters card.

Let us all get our PVCs ready to vote in the right candidates that not only presents a manifesto but also enumerates pathways to achieving the said manifesto.

Enough is enough to bogus manifesto without requisite willingness and pattern to bring it to life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Pattern? by TONYE001(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
kingphilip:
Poverty and illiteracy coupled with voter apathy of the educated will keep costing Nigeria and Nigerians good leaders and leadership.

Honestly, this is the exact truth!
Re: A New Pattern? by kingphilip(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
TONYE001:

Honestly, this is the exact truth!
Exactly, we need to tackle this for Nigeria to be great again.

I have modified the comment though, you can go look it up.

1 Like

Re: A New Pattern? by elantraceey(f): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
RedPiller:

Obi is only in SE angry

One question. Are you in the north?
Re: A New Pattern? by TONYE001(m): 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
kingphilip:
Poverty, illiteracy and ethnic-religious sentiments coupled with voter apathy of the educated will keep costing Nigeria and Nigerians good leaders and leadership.

Poverty enables and facilitates votes buying; illiteracy makes the uneducated not to research about the candidates but rather influences them to vote along ethnic or religious lines; ethno-religious sentiments makes even those who claim to be literate to vote their ethnic or religious inclined person rather than the most qualified candidates while voters apathy which have been the bane in previous elections majorly among the enlightened ones will keep making the illiterates to vote in anyhow candidates.

But I think a change have started with regards to the voters apathy with the continous registration for Voters card.

Let us all get our PVCs ready to vote in the right candidates that not only presents a manifesto but also enumerates pathways to achieving the said manifesto.

Enough is enough to bogus manifesto without requisite willingness and pattern to bring it to life.

You have said it all. If we solve these issues, our country would be better!

I'm happy that people are now getting registered. I pray the wave continues. We are now making baby steps in the right direction...soon, pretty soon, the picture will be clearer.
Re: A New Pattern? by kingphilip(m): 1:44pm On Jul 09, 2022
TONYE001:

You have said it all. If we solve these issues, our country would be better!

I'm happy that people are now getting registered. I pray the wave continues. We are now making baby steps in the right direction...soon, pretty soon, the picture will be clearer.
I also hope the wave continues o.

Nigeria must be better in this our lifetime.

1 Like

Re: A New Pattern? by kingphilip(m): 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2022
elantraceey:

One question. Are you in the north?
He might be and he might not be.

I will confidently tell you that over 40% of eligible voters in the North might not have heard of him and this I am sure of because I've been in the North for over 25 years.

Most of them listen more to BBC Hausa service while the vast others are artisans that do not even have the time to listen to news or read newspapers due to the nature of work they engage in.

One thing I like about them is their dedication for both farming and voting during elections. As long as it is the farming season or the voting period, wherever they are they leave for their various localities to either farm or vote. If you feel this is a lie, take time to watch out for the Northerners mending shoes, driving bikes and other work around your state during the period of elections and you will notice how scanty they are.
Re: A New Pattern? by Vulturereloaded: 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
The time is up. The real change is here.

1 Like

Re: A New Pattern? by elantraceey(f): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
kingphilip:

He might be and he might not be.

I will confidently tell you that over 40% of eligible voters in the North might not have heard of him and this I am sure of because I've been in the North for over 25 years.

Most of them listen more to BBC Hausa service while the vast others are artisans that do not even have the time to listen to news or read newspapers due to the nature of work they engage in.

One thing I like about them is their dedication for both farming and voting during elections. As long as it is the farming season or the voting period, wherever they are they leave for their various localities to either farm or vote. If you feel this is a lie, take time to watch out for the Northerners mending shoes, driving bikes and other work around your state during the period of elections and you will notice how scanty they are.

Same Peter Obi that was Atiku's vice last election and they got 40% of the votes? They might not know Labour Party, but they sure as hell know Peter Obi. If you say they won't vote for him, that's understandable, but that they don't know him is completely false and a facade. At least 80% of northerners knows Peter Obi or at least the name, they're not all dumb and totally uneducated and you people are portraying them to be. A lot of them travel from north to south more than the average westerner. They certainly know who Peter Obi is, will they vote for him is something else entirely.

1 Like

Re: A New Pattern? by kingphilip(m): 12:03am On Jul 10, 2022
elantraceey:

Same Peter Obi that was Atiku's vice last election and they got 40% of the votes? They might not know Labour Party, but they sure as hell know Peter Obi. If you say they won't vote for him, that's understandable, but that they don't know him is completely false and a facade. At least 80% of northerners knows Peter Obi or at least the name, they're not all dumb and totally uneducated and you people are portraying them to be. A lot of them travel from north to south more than the average westerner. They certainly know who Peter Obi is, will they vote for him is something else entirely.
Well I do get your point but if I ask you who was Sowore's vice in the last election will you remember?

Sincerely I don't even remember who he/she was and that does not mean I'm not educated and that I am dumb. I might not even remember Peter Obi's vice by 2027 if they don't win in 2023 and that shouldn't make me dumb too.

If the candidate is not too popular, he/she might not be remembered in four years time.

Regarding getting 40% of the vote, some vote for the presidential candidate not minding who his vice is and that is all up to them.
Re: A New Pattern? by Clinton39(m): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
Honestly, Dr. Tonye001, you have said it all.
My pastor always says "When a man is holding what is holding him, what is holding him will keep holding him."
We really need to start the change we desire by ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Borno CAN Chairman Backs Shettima’s Candidacy / Breaking News: Enough Is Enough Buhari Urges ASUU To End Strike (video) / Video Showing Pa Adebanjo, Afenifere Leader Endorsement Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.