Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

(must Read): Catholic Priest Writes INEC, Demands New Pattern Of Ballot Paper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (must Read): Catholic Priest Writes INEC, Demands New Pattern Of Ballot Paper (519 Views)

2023: Ogun LP Demands New Presidential Campaign Council / Edo Polls: Oshiomhole Insists On Direct Primaries, Writes INEC / Kogi: Massive Thumbprinting Of Ballot Papers At PDP Candidate’s Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(must Read): Catholic Priest Writes INEC, Demands New Pattern Of Ballot Paper by Marvhaz: 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Nigerian Catholic Missionary Priest currently serving in Malawi, Fr Kelvin Ugwu has written to the Independent National Electoral Commission, demanding the inclusion of party candidates running for different positions on the ballot papers.

In a letter posted on his verified Facebook page, Fr Kelvin argued that Nigerians are not voting based on political parties but rather, the personality of the various candidates, stressing that the ballot papers should not be limited to only the party logo.

Sharing an image of a Malawian ballot paper, the popular priest said almost all the countries in Africa have both the face, and the name of the candidate running for different elections on the ballot paper.

He wrote, “Dear INEC Nigeria,

“Our ballot paper should be like this because in the true sense of it, it is actually the individual with his vice that we are voting for.

“All the elections conducted in Nigeria in the past, the ballot paper just carried only party logos. But it is not the party we vote for that leads us after the elections but the individual.

“Almost all the countries in Africa have both the face, the name of the candidate, his/her running mate, and the party logo on their ballot papers. Please do this for Nigerians”.

https://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/07/2023-catholic-priest-writes-inec.html

1 Like

Re: (must Read): Catholic Priest Writes INEC, Demands New Pattern Of Ballot Paper by nazicartel(m): 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Somebody ones told me that he will vote for PDP because of Peter Obi.... It was very funny. I had to calm explain to him that Peter is in Labour Party . He asked , is it that Mimiko's party ( me Don forget Mimiko's party seff). I just told him it's the party with 3 people written LP... He now said OK I think I know the party you're talking about
Re: (must Read): Catholic Priest Writes INEC, Demands New Pattern Of Ballot Paper by sweetonugbu: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
True

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Nollywood Actor Gentle Jack Endorsed Tinubu In Kalabari Language (video) / Buhari Is Behind Kidnapping And All The Insecurity Challenges We Have In Nigeria / The Reason Why Peter Obi Made Anambra Small Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.