Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,723 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith (597 Views)

Please House, I Need Interpretation On This Dream / Please I Need Interpretation Of My Dream Please I I / This Dream Scares Me Till Now(I need interpretation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2022
Is Allah the same as Satan?
A woman asked whether satan has left Mohammed (being the cause of his sickness).
Allah responded that he has not left Mohammed in spite of the sickness.

It is clear that the question was not about whether Allah has left Mohammed BUT whether satan has left Mohammed.

What other clear and unambiguous interpretation do Muslims have for this?

Sahih al-Bukhari 4983
Narrated Jundub:
Once the Prophet (ﷺ) fell ill and did not offer the night prayer (Tahajjud prayer) for a night or two. A woman (the wife of Abu Lahab) came to him and said, "O Muhammad ! I do not see but that your Satan has left you. "
Then Allah revealed (Surat-Ad-Duha):
'By the fore-noon, and by the night when it darkens (or is still); Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor hated you.' (93)

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو نُعَيْمٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنِ الأَسْوَدِ بْنِ قَيْسٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جُنْدَبًا، يَقُولُ اشْتَكَى النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَلَمْ يَقُمْ لَيْلَةً أَوْ لَيْلَتَيْنِ فَأَتَتْهُ امْرَأَةٌ فَقَالَتْ يَا مُحَمَّدُ مَا أُرَى شَيْطَانَكَ إِلاَّ قَدْ تَرَكَكَ، فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ ‏{‏وَالضُّحَى * وَاللَّيْلِ إِذَا سَجَى * مَا وَدَّعَكَ رَبُّكَ وَمَا قَلَى‏}‏
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4983

Over to you
AntiChristian:
compton11:
haekymbahd:
mhmsadyq:
alfarouq:

Thank you in advance!

Some authentic Tefsirs will also help. Thanks
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by x123xlolls(m): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by mhmsadyq(m): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2022
TenQ:
A woman asked whether satan has left Mohammed (being the cause of his sickness).

It is clear that the question was not about whether Allah has left Mohammed BUT whether satan has left Mohammed.

Sahih al-Bukhari 4983
Narrated Jundub:
Once the Prophet (ﷺ) fell ill and did not offer the night prayer (Tahajjud prayer) for a night or two. A woman (the wife of Abu Lahab) came to him and said, "O Muhammad ! I do not see but that your Satan has left you. "
'By the fore-noon, and by the night when it darkens (or is still); Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor hated you.' (93)

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو نُعَيْمٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنِ الأَسْوَدِ بْنِ قَيْسٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ جُنْدَبًا، يَقُولُ اشْتَكَى النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَلَمْ يَقُمْ لَيْلَةً أَوْ لَيْلَتَيْنِ فَأَتَتْهُ امْرَأَةٌ فَقَالَتْ يَا مُحَمَّدُ مَا أُرَى شَيْطَانَكَ إِلاَّ قَدْ تَرَكَكَ، فَأَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ ‏{‏وَالضُّحَى * وَاللَّيْلِ إِذَا سَجَى * مَا وَدَّعَكَ رَبُّكَ وَمَا قَلَى‏}‏

Over to you
AntiChristian:
compton11:
haekymbahd:
mhmsadyq:
alfarouq:

Thank you in advance!

Whatever you make of it.

I dey chop meat!

3 Likes

Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2022
mhmsadyq:

Whatever you make of it.

I dey chop meat!
I'm sure it's a point to ponder upon.

Send my own meat o!
LOL!

2 Likes

Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2022
Is there no Tefsir that explain this hadith?

Seems all Muslims have disappeared from such a simple question!

Over to you
AntiChristian:
compton11:
haekymbahd:
mhmsadyq:
alfarouq:
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by ictplotter(m): 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2022
Fabricated hadith
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 10:45pm On Jul 09, 2022
ictplotter:
Fabricated hadith
Who fabricated the hadith and why?
What is/are the evidence that the hadith was fabricated?

If the hadith was fabricated, why did Buhari include it in his compilation of Sahih Buhari?
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by ictplotter(m): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2022
TenQ:

Who fabricated the hadith and why?
What is/are the evidence that the hadith was fabricated?

If the hadith was fabricated, why did Buhari include it in his compilation of Sahih Buhari?
More than 78% of the hadith today acclaimed to Bukhari are not authentic because of poor chain of narration, they are not Buhari chain of narration but individual input. The above hadith is fabricated because it lacks sound chain of narration.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
ictplotter:

More than 78% of the hadith today acclaimed to Bukhari are not authentic because of poor chain of narration, they are not Buhari chain of narration but individual input. The above hadith is fabricated because it lacks sound chain of narration.
Did not Buhari filter off weak narratives before compiling his hadiths?

Who were the ones who composed the fake Hadiths and why?

What is the logic behind:
If a hadith does not have a chain of narratives, then it must be fabricated!

This particular hadith has a number of things authenticating it
1. The name of the woman was given as the wife of Abu Lahab
2. The explanation of an actual Ayah in the Qur'an (Surat-Ad-Duha) was given.

Do you have ANOTHER Tefsir that explain Surat-Ad-Duha?
By the fore-noon, and by the night when it darkens (or is still); Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor hated you.'

If you don't have an alternative, then this is authentic even if you don't like it.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by ictplotter(m): 11:43pm On Jul 09, 2022
TenQ:

Did not Buhari filter off weak narratives before compiling his hadiths?

Who were the ones who composed the fake Hadiths and why?

What is the logic behind:
If a hadith does not have a chain of narratives, then it must be fabricated!

This particular hadith has a number of things authenticating it
1. The name of the woman was given as the wife of Abu Lahab
2. The explanation of an actual Ayah in the Qur'an (Surat-Ad-Duha) was given.

Do you have ANOTHER Tefsir that explain Surat-Ad-Duha?
By the fore-noon, and by the night when it darkens (or is still); Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor hated you.'

If you don't have an alternative, then this is authentic even if you don't like it.
Do you know the meaning of hadith?
Hadith is far different from the Glorious Qur'an.
[b]Surah Ad-Duha was revealed because Allah wanted to remove these negative and distressing thoughts from the Prophet's (peace be upon him) mind. Further, He wanted to clear his heart and prove His love for him. Because the prophet, "peach be upon him" was worried after a long period of time without a revelation from Allah to him. He thought he must have wrong Himself or been abandon by Allah.
This is the English translation of surah Ad-Duha

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST GRACIOUS AND THE MOST MERCIFUL.
1. By the forenoon (after sun-rise);

2. And by the night when it is still (or darkens);

3. Your Lord (O Muhammad ()) has neither forsaken you nor hated you.

4. And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).

5. And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good) so that you shall be well-pleased.

6. Did He not find you (O Muhammad ()) an orphan and gave you a refuge?

7. And He found you unaware (of the Qur'an, its legal laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?

8. And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment, etc.)?

9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression,

10. And repulse not the beggar;

11. And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces).
[/b]
I just wonder why guys are so poor in research in matter regards islam, the internet and books are there but u guys just decided to pick the path of propaganda towards islam.
Your above hadith is not just weak but fabricated, the narrator u mentioned above is unknown in the seerah of the prophet "saw".

1 Like

Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 12:34am On Jul 10, 2022
ictplotter:

Do you know the meaning of hadith?
Hadith is far different from the Glorious Qur'an.
[b]Surah Ad-Duha was revealed because Allah wanted to remove these negative and distressing thoughts from the Prophet's (peace be upon him) mind. Further, He wanted to clear his heart and prove His love for him. Because the prophet, "peach be upon him" was worried after a long period of time without a revelation from Allah to him. He thought he must have wrong Himself or been abandon by Allah.
This is the English translation of surah Ad-Duha

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH, THE MOST GRACIOUS AND THE MOST MERCIFUL.
1. By the forenoon (after sun-rise);

2. And by the night when it is still (or darkens);

3. Your Lord (O Muhammad ()) has neither forsaken you nor hated you.

4. And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world).

5. And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good) so that you shall be well-pleased.

6. Did He not find you (O Muhammad ()) an orphan and gave you a refuge?

7. And He found you unaware (of the Qur'an, its legal laws, and Prophethood, etc.) and guided you?

8. And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment, etc.)?

9. Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression,

10. And repulse not the beggar;

11. And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces).
[/b]
I just wonder why guys are so poor in research in matter regards islam, the internet and books are there but u guys just decided to pick the path of propaganda towards islam.
Your above hadith is not just weak but fabricated, the narrator u mentioned above is unknown in the seerah of the prophet "saw".
1. The question was about the interpretation of a Hadith of Buhari (an not the Qur'an) whose hadith collection is regarded as most reliable by Muslims.
2. If as you claim:
More than 78% of the hadith today acclaimed to Bukhari are not authentic
This is a serious problem as it means that almost the whole of what you Muslims know about Islam are fabrications.

Whose fault did the lies creep in your hadiths?
Could it have been my fault!?
These hadiths were by Muslims and for Muslims.

3. The hadith by Buhari 4938 was not about the whole of Surah Ad-Duha but a specific set of verses 1-3.
Buhari's Hadiths are acclaimed as Sahih at least by him.

4. You have not explained why Imam Buhari thought it wise to include the hadith in his collection if he thought it was fabricated!?

I asked a question About YOUR Hadith and thus, it is you that is supposed to do research on it not me.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by mhmsadyq(m): 5:59am On Jul 10, 2022
TenQ:

I'm sure it's a point to ponder upon.

Send my own meat o!
LOL!

I wish i could!

1 Like

Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by ictplotter(m): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2022
TenQ:

1. The question was about the interpretation of a Hadith of Buhari (an not the Qur'an) whose hadith collection is regarded as most reliable by Muslims.
2. If as you claim:

This is a serious problem as it means that almost the whole of what you Muslims know about Islam are fabrications.

Whose fault did the lies creep in your hadiths?
Could it have been my fault!?
These hadiths were by Muslims and for Muslims.

3. The hadith by Buhari 4938 was not about the whole of Surah Ad-Duha but a specific set of verses 1-3.
Buhari's Hadiths are acclaimed as Sahih at least by him.

4. You have not explained why Imam Buhari thought it wise to include the hadith in his collection if he thought it was fabricated!?

I asked a question About YOUR Hadith and thus, it is you that is supposed to do research on it not me.
In conclusion to you, hadith is not fundamental or compulsory in islam. Hadith is just supplementary . What is compulsory in islam is the Glorious Qur'an, which are direct words of Allah the almighty. Which Allah the almighty decree to guide against human error and input not hadith. So anybody can fabricate hadith and qoutes it to Bukhari collections and it becomes popular But not authentic .
Hadith ar narrations which people reported that they heard the prophet "peace be upon him" saying.
So at today hadith narration are grouped into three, the authentic hadiths, the weak hadiths and the fabricated hadiths.
So the complete and the compulsory standard and practice for Muslims is the Glorious Qur'an, so there is no serious problems anywhere in islam because hadith is not compulsory on Muslims but the Glorious Qur'an. So judge islam base on the Glorious Qur'an which are the direct words of ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2022
ictplotter:

In conclusion to you, hadith is not fundamental or compulsory in islam. Hadith is just supplementary . What is compulsory in islam is the Glorious Qur'an, which are direct words of Allah the almighty. Which Allah the almighty decree to guide against human error and input not hadith. So anybody can fabricate hadith and qoutes it to Bukhari collections and it becomes popular But not authentic .
Hadith ar narrations which people reported that they heard the prophet "peace be upon him" saying.
So at today hadith narration are grouped into three, the authentic hadiths, the weak hadiths and the fabricated hadiths.
So the complete and the compulsory standard and practice for Muslims is the Glorious Qur'an, so there is no serious problems anywhere in islam because hadith is not compulsory on Muslims but the Glorious Qur'an. So judge islam base on the Glorious Qur'an which are the direct words of ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY.
If there is something I have learnt from you here is that
1. Your Hadiths are not sources of reliable information and they may consist of outright fabrications.
Unfortunately, no Moslem can understand how to practice Islam except by the Hadiths and the Sunnah.
2. Many or even most of the early transmitters of your beliefs are big liars. The fact that there are even a poported chains of narrations does not mean that a particular Hadith or even your compilations of Sunnah is trustworthy. It may be difficult to determine what is true or what is not because most of your witnesses are unreliable.
3. Of course, many of your hadiths are silly and nonsensical to the modern Moslem. But at the time of their compilation, they were seen as good and worthy to be compiled.

4. You challenged me to focus mainly on the Qur'an as it is the perfect standard for Moslems. Unfortunately, even the Qur'an has several big issues.
A. There are several Arabic Quran so that we cannot know the one that is the exact word of Allah. Two of the popular ones are the Hafs Qur'an (which I assume you are using and the Warsh Qur'an). There are at least 30 others
B. There are serious errors the show that the source of the Qur'an is of human origin and not Allah. Examples
i. Allah and his prophet says that the sun set in the muddy waters.
ii. Allah claims that there is a mountain of hail in the sky from which hail is hurled down to earth.

These two above show that Allah is either a man or is a fabrication by Mohammed
C. Jewish and Christian folklores manage to get into the Qur'an as authentic happenings in the Qur'an.
The story of the men in the cave is a good example.
D. The author of the Qur'an forget many times that he is supposed to speak in first person narratives for Allah (since the Qur'an is Allah's dictation)
- Allah says "Praise be to Allah"
- Surah Al Fathia is another example where Allah prays not to be led astray.
-Allah even once prayed for Mohammed

The holes in your narratives even with the Qur'an is much sir.
Unfortunately for the Hadiths, they are YOUR BOOKS and one of your oldest books, we have to use them to comprehend the true Islam.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by SIRTee15: 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
ictplotter:

ok then tell me how many times I should pray in a day according to quran?
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
SIRTee15:

ok then tell me how many times I should pray in a day according to quran?
Allah says three in the Qur'an, Muslims some how made it five
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by SIRTee15: 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
TenQ:

Allah says three in the Qur'an, Muslims some how made it five
That's the problem with Islam and Muslims. They run to hadith when they need to cover the inadequacy in Koran but deny same hadith if it's embarrassing and hide under the Koran.
The funny ones are those who bragged they are not koranist and they hold hadiths at the level of Koran. Ok show them embarrassing text in hadoth- they tell u it's weak. Bunch of confused people.
One was asking me to show him full detail of jesus childhood in the bible, when I challenged him to also show me the childhood of Muhammad in the Koran he ran away.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by CodeTemplar: 2:35am On Apr 13, 2023
TenQ:

Sahih al-Bukhari 4983
Narrated Jundub:

Over to you
AntiChristian:
compton11:
haekymbahd:
mhmsadyq:
alfarouq:

Thank you in advance!

Satan means "the adversary", your Satan in this context should mean "your adversary".
Mohammed's adversary. I view it as an expression, a figure of speech.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by MightySparrow: 4:27am On Apr 13, 2023
TenQ:

Sahih al-Bukhari 4983
Narrated Jundub:

Over to you
AntiChristian:
compton11:
haekymbahd:
mhmsadyq:
alfarouq:

Thank you in advance!

TenQ, research not dey tire you ni?
Satan never left Mohammed.
You no get?
That is the reason he made effigy of Satan for Antichristians to throw stones at in Mecca.
Have you ever heard that Shytan ever left Mecca?
Sexlam and Shytan are Siamese twins. grin
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 5:26am On Apr 13, 2023
MightySparrow:

TenQ, research not dey tire you ni?
Satan never left Mohammed.
You no get?
That is the reason he made effigy of Satan for Antichristians to throw stones at in Mecca.
Have ever heard that Shytan ever left Mecca?
Sexlam and Shytan are Siamese twins. grin
Shaitan has a duplex just beside the house of Allah in Mecca. It seems they are neighbours!

LOL
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 5:33am On Apr 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Satan means "the adversary", your Satan in this context should mean "your adversary".
Mohammed's adversary. I view it as an expression, a figure of speech.

In all honesty and sincerity, can you find me a scholar in the class of Al-Abbas, Al-Jalalayn, Al-kutubi etc who defines Shaitan as Adversary!?

This will be sufficient for me.
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by TenQ: 5:37am On Apr 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

That's the problem with Islam and Muslims. They run to hadith when they need to cover the inadequacy in Koran but deny same hadith if it's embarrassing and hide under the Koran.
The funny ones are those who bragged they are not koranist and they hold hadiths at the level of Koran. Ok show them embarrassing text in hadoth- they tell u it's weak. Bunch of confused people.
One was asking me to show him full detail of jesus childhood in the bible, when I challenged him to also show me the childhood of Muhammad in the Koran he ran away.
They are confused honestly!

The purpose of the cult of Islam is to serve just one man: Mohammed!

After his death, his people make huge financial and political gains from his religion: this has to be protected
Re: I Need Interpretation Of This Hadith by FxMasterz: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2023
TenQ:

In all honesty and sincerity, can you find me a scholar in the class of Al-Abbas, Al-Jalalayn, Al-kutubi etc who defines Shaitan as Adversary!?

This will be sufficient for me.

He ran away.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"Apostle" Osayi Arome Asked For" "Prophet" Kacou Philippe's Anointing / Can You Recommend A Strong Prophet That has the gifts of the word of knowledge? / 2024 Is Troublesome Year With Positive & Negative Mix — Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.