Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful (533 Views)

What Is Really Wrong With Muslim-Muslim Ticket? - Temitope Ajayi / Rochas Okorocha Celebrates Sallah With Muslim Faithfuls In Owerri - Photos / FG Declares Public Holidays To Celebrate 2018 Eid-El-Kabir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by kenevision(m): 2:24pm On Jul 09, 2022
. . . Urges Nigerians to Sustain Hope in Nation

The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, has felicitated with all the Muslim Faithful in Nigeria on the celebration of Eid el Kabir, while urging Nigerians to sustain hope in the nation.

In a message made available to the Press, Obi said the Eid el Kabir celebrations reminded Muslims, and indeed Nigerians, of the need to sincerely love one another and pursue lasting peace and unity. He encouraged them to continue to preach peace and unity in the country, as a critical requirement for national growth and development.

Obi said the season also afforded them the opportunity to pray, in a special way, for the country which, he said, is passing through very severe challenges. He said the nation needs divine intervention to be able to overcome the challenges facing it.

"We are at a very dark moment in our nation's history, where it seems that every noble ideal that makes us a nation is collapsing before our eyes. Insecurity in the country has become unbearable, while our economy continues to struggle under the weight of bad governance and financial mismanagement of our leaders. With prayers and hardwork, we shall overcome," Obi stated.

Obi urged Nigerians not to give up on the country, but renew their zeal in working towards building a new and more productive nation for all. He maintained that with good leadership, Nigeria will be rescued from the doldrums and placed on the path of growth and development.

"We have no other nation but Nigeria, and we must not let it collapse. Let us now break the barriers of religion that divide us, and unite to take back our nation for progress and development," he said.

He finally wished the Muslim Faithful a happy Eid el Kabir celebration.

2 Likes

Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2022
This greeting alone would cost him a few hundreds or even thousands of votes. His supporters are rabid haters of Islam.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by LAXconfidential(m): 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:
This greeting alone would cost him a few hundreds or even thousands of votes. His supporters are rabid haters of Islam.

This your attempt to make Obi's mandate look like a regional thing has been proven to be dead on arrival. I'm yoruba and a Muslim and I support Obi/Datti ticket, am I also an Islam hater? Stop spreading hate please. Today na Eid

9 Likes

Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2022
LAXconfidential:

This your attempt to make Obi's mandate look like a regional thing has been proven to be dead on arrival. I'm yoruba and a Muslim and I support Obi/Datti ticket, am I also an Islam hater? Stop spreading hate please. Today na Eid

Let us agree you are Yoruba but does it make any difference to you that most of your co supporters of Obi see a Muslim/Muslim ticket as a devious plan to Islamize Nigeria?
Is there any truth to this and do you also hold this view?
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by mycar: 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

Let us agree you are Yoruba but does it make any difference to you that most of your co supporters of Obi see a Muslim/Muslim ticket as a devious plan to Islamize Nigeria?
in as much as it does not guarantee much in term of a good governance, don't you think that if you are given a meat or some inconsequential thing to share with your sibling, and you are the most senior, for the principle of love and equity, it will give you more joy to share it accordingly even if it is inconsequential and nobody would kill you if you'd taken all to yourself?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2022
mycar:

in as much as it does not guarantee much in term of a good governance, don't you think that if you are given a meat or some inconsequential thing to share with your sibling, and you are the most senior, for the principle of love and equity, it will give you more joy to share it accordingly even if it is inconsequential and nobody would kill you if you'd taken all to yourself?

Except in this case it is not about sharing anything. This is about finding who is more competent to do a certain job. You cannot say because of equity you will allow your 5 year old brother to run a million dollar business, can you?
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by LAXconfidential(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

Brother, Nigeria is a diverse nation. We are not the same. We are different people bound together as one, and if we must coexist in peace and harmony, no side of the divide should be allowed to feel cheated. Everyone must be duly represented. To be honest, 8 years ago, Nigerian Christians would've gladly voted for 2 Northerners or even two Muslims without blinking. But we all know that things are different today, this country has never been this divided since its inception. So therefore, Everyone must be carried along to foster that trust. Think about it, remember when ethnicity wasn't really a factor? A minority like Jonathan ran for election against Northerners including Buhari and won, can such happen today? Even then, things were okay and we were flourishing. But what is the situation today? Make we tell ourself the truth abeg

2 Likes

Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2022
LAXconfidential:

Brother, Nigeria is a diverse nation. We are not the same. We are different people bound together as one, and if we must coexist in peace and harmony, no side of the divide should be allowed to feel cheated. Everyone must be duly represented. To be honest, 8 years ago, Nigerian Christians would've gladly voted for 2 Northerners or even two Muslims without blinking. But we all know that things are different today, this country has never been this divided since its inception. So therefore, Everyone must be carried along to foster that trust. Think about it, remember when ethnicity wasn't really a factor? A minority like Jonathan ran for election against Northerners including Buhari and won, can such happen today? Even then, things were okay and we were flourishing. But what is the situation today? Make we tell ourself the truth abeg

You didn't answer my question. Is there any truth in the notion that a Muslim/Muslim ticket is a devious plan to Islamize Nigeria?
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by mycar: 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

Except in this case it is not about sharing anything. This is about finding who is more competent to do a certain job. You cannot say because of equity you will allow your 5 year old brother to run a million dollar business, can you?
Thanks for your analogy. Do you know why we have retirement age in civil service?
Same should be apply in everything but politicians will always bend the rule to suit themselves.
On your question, No but unfortunately the most qualified is Peter Obi, reason been that he has little or no baggage at the moment, his baggage are the masses and not few political elites and that's the type of baggage I like.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2022
mycar:

Thanks for your analogy. Do you know why we have retirement age in civil service?
Same should be apply in everything but politicians will always bend the rule to suit themselves.
On your question, No but unfortunately the most qualified is Peter Obi, reason been that he has little or no baggage at the moment, his baggage are the masses and not few political elites and that's the type of baggage I like.

This is a debate I believe all Nigerians should welcome. Based of the records of both men in the states they governed who is more likely to move Nigeria forward.
Based on facts that are accessible to all Nigerians Tinubu is clearly the man.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by mycar: 3:48pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

This is a debate I believe all Nigerians should welcome. Based of the records of both men in the states they governed who is more likely to move Nigeria forward.
Based on facts that are accessible to all Nigerians Tinubu is clearly the man.
Based on your own standard, hence you are supporting him, he is only privilege to be the first civilian governor of Lagos in this democratic dispensation and mind you, Marwa as a Lagos state governor was even hyped/praise more than him and that aside, you can't even compare his level of cognition and the elasticity of his brain with 1999 and 2023.
Just like Buhari, what he does not know does not exist and even trying to teach him is a frustration on its own.
The country is an enterprising as the leader.
As bad as Pres. Jonathan was, he was seemly innovative and enterprising.
Tinubu of 1999 could be energetic and acceptable by me just as I'd loved if it was Osinbanjo but Tinubu of today shouldn't have been contesting.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2022
mycar:

Based on your own standard, hence you are supporting him, he is only privilege to be the first civilian governor of Lagos in this democratic dispensation and mind you, Marwa as a Lagos state governor was even hyped/praise more than him and that aside, you can't even compare his level of cognition and the elasticity of his brain with 1999 and 2023.
Just like Buhari, what he does not know does not exist and even trying to teach him is a frustration on its own.
The country is an enterprising as the leader.
As bad as Pres. Jonathan was, he was seemly innovative and enterprising.
Tinubu of 1999 could be energetic and acceptable by me just as I'd loved if it was Osinbanjo but Tinubu of today shouldn't have been contesting.

This is pure blackmail. Did you do any psychological evaluation of both candidates to reach your conclusions?
You just assume someone will be a good president just because he is younger. Fortunately we have seen this to be false because Jonathan was young and he performed miserably.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by mycar: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

This is pure blackmail. Did you do any psychological evaluation of both candidates to reach your conclusions?
You just assume someone will be a good president just because he is younger. Fortunately we have see this to be false because Jonathan was young and he performed miserably.
Jonathan was far better than Buhari in all ramifications and many people, including statistics will disagree to your sense of reasoning and judgement.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2022
mycar:

Jonathan was far better than Buhari in all ramifications and many people, including statistics will disagree to your sense of reasoning and judgement.

You are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by mycar: 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

You are entitled to your opinion.
Yeah, and that's a popular opinion amongst the enlightened as you can see online
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by PresidObi: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2022
Has Tinubu ever greeted Christians on Christmas or any other celebrations?
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by ElSudani: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
mycar:

Yeah, and that's a popular opinion amongst the enlightened as you can see online

Enlightened indeed.
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by mycar: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

Enlightened indeed.
Yep and you know it
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by LAXconfidential(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2022
ElSudani:

You didn't answer my question. Is there any truth in the notion that a Muslim/Muslim ticket is a devious plan to Islamize Nigeria?

At the moment, I would say that it depends on who the individuals are. As for Tinubu, the answer is a big NO. Wetin concern Tinubu with agenda? If it's someone like El Rufai now ehen
Re: Eid El Kabir: Obi Felicitates With Muslim Faithful by LAXconfidential(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2022
PresidObi:
Has Tinubu ever greeted Christians on Christmas or any other celebrations?

Yes he has, even Atiku

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Empowered Youths For Election / Video Of Datti Baba-Ahmed's Stance On LGBTQ Surfaces / 2023: "Even If Peter Obi Joins Breakfast Party, He Has My Support"—PDP Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.