Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) (2500 Views)

Gokada, First On-demand Motorcycle Hailing App Launches In Lagos / Bajaj, TVS, Other Motorcycle Bikes Complete Spare Parts..come In / How Much Is A Brand New Bajaj Boxer Motorcycle Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by AgentGoat: 12:23am On Aug 01, 2022
buygala:

Feel free to join op in falling upandan off his powwrbike smiley

Goat

A Goat is better than you.

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by BadNews: 7:29am On Aug 01, 2022
foolbuster:

You are so stupid. Your type don't achieve much.

Bad News Is Here, What Is Really Happening
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by BadNews: 7:30am On Aug 01, 2022
buygala:
The gods are speaking to this op.. But he turns a deaf ear grin

Continue dey play Baba Ijebu with your life..

Motorists, especially in Lagos, don't count cyclists as part of traffic, but as a nuisance that can be driven over... Know this and know peace

You don fall twice now.. But you no wan hear word.. Let's just hope that that badnews blogger guy who posts dead people on nairaland Frontpage isn't the one to intimate us of your 3rd crash.

Tell BAD NEWS more please
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by buygala(m): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2022
BadNews:

Op of this thread is actively working towards being crushed by a vehicle smiley

Follow him on Facebook for more grin

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by buygala(m): 9:04am On Aug 01, 2022
BadNews:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by diportivo: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2022
BadNews:

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by diportivo: 9:10am On Aug 01, 2022
BadNews:

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by 9icetoo(m): 10:44am On Aug 01, 2022
uwemjack:
Went for a property inspection at Amen estate phase 2, on my way back it started raining so the road was wet. The road was very free of traffic and I was not going above 60km/h, the car in front of me stopped suddenly on the fast lane at a bus-stop there was a minibus also stopped in the slow lane, both vehicles where stoped side by side and there was no car or person in front of them as the road was free. Unfortunately they where so close that there was not enough space between them, I stepped on the rear break but there was no grip so the rear of the bike started swinging from side to side. There was several kiosks and people selling to the left of the road and the midian was like a ditch so I tried to go in-between the two vehicles.
Crashed into one of the vehicles don't know which one, was thrown over the bike.
I stood up felt pain on my wrist, went to the bike to turn it off then went to sit down, okada riders at the bus-stop moved my bike off the road and came to check on me.
Fortunately I was fully kitted so the only injury was to my wrist where the handle bar twisted on colition.
At the point I knew I had a broken wrist on my left hand as I couldn't hold it up.
The 2 vehicles left immediately without even waiting to check on there vehicles or me because they knew what they did.
There was another biker in a bus behind me who saw what happened, he commandeered the bus to go after the driver who caused it, and brought him back to the scene, it was an old man and he started apologizing.
To cut the long story short, the biker adjusted the bike and drove it to my house as I could not.
I had to wear POP cast for 9weeks.

picture of the bike at home after the accident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfz7SpUlXk4
How and why you feel the cars that stopped caused your accident is beyond me.

As per road traffic rules and the road traffic act, you are supposed to drive or ride in your case bearing in my the prevailing weather condition, road condition, maintain a sufficient gap between your vehicle or bike and the traffic in front of you, give yourself enough room and reaction time and maintain your lane.

Tht car has every right to stop.

He may have seen something which you were oblivious to. He may have had a mechanical problem. The possibility is endless.

I encounter bikers during my trips and frankly I love them. I think for them and give them room to pass as soon as I see then in my rear view mirror.

The experienced ones know when a vehicle has seen them and utilize the opportunity to pass in between the narrow spaces available.

The inexperienced ones put themselves in harm's way by driving like okada riders.

Bikes have a longer stopping distance than cars. Keep this at the back of your mind when riding too close to cars.

I wish you all the best.

@buygala, do not stand down. I repeat, do not stand down. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by 9icetoo(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2022
[quote author=diportivo post=115271541][/quote]
Steer clear of this vawulence cumrade. Steer clear or Kawasaki ninja with red hot exhaust will fall on you.

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by BamBamK: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

As per road traffic rules and the road traffic act, you are supposed to drive or ride in your case bearing in my the prevailing weather condition, road condition, maintain a sufficient gap between your vehicle or bike and the traffic in front of you, give yourself enough room and reaction time and maintain your lane.

He may have seen something which you were oblivious to. He may have had a mechanical problem. The possibility is endless.

I encounter bikers during my trips and frankly I love them. I think for them and give them room to pass as soon as I see then in my rear view mirror.

The experienced ones know when a vehicle has seen them and utilize the opportunity to pass in between the narrow spaces available.

The inexperienced ones put themselves in harm's way by driving like okada riders.

Bikes have a longer stopping distance than cars. Keep this at the back of your mind when riding too close to cars.

I wish you all the best.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

. grin grin

Noted sir and thank you
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

Steer clear of this vawulence cumrade. Steer clear or Kawasaki ninja with red hot exhaust will fall on you.

grin cool grin
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2022
BadNews:

Sorry, there's no bad news here

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by EgunMogaji2: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
uwemjack:
Since I started riding Mufasa in January 2021 I have had two accidents. Both of which where caused by commercial cars on the Lekki - epe expressway

First accident
A commercial car trying to squeeze itself between the road median and me, in the process hitting my handle bars, before I could say jack I was on the floor skidding from one light pole to another.
Thankfully the road was not busy and there was no car on the slow lane, which made me wonder why the car that but me was fixated on my lane. It was a hit and run as he did not stop and he had passengers!

I was able to stand up immediately no bones broken, but the asphalt ate through my jacket and t-shirt to my skin at the shoulder -slight skin abrasion(pics attached).
The bike on the other hand just had scratch on the side fairings that dragged on the road, some clips also broke, also the foot peg and gear lever holder broke off, the handle bar cap was also twisted. (No pics
Couldn't ride the bike home had to stop a truck to take it home.

Lessons learnt
* Car drivers don't see motorcycle cos they are small, so drive to make them see you, use the blinkers, tap on the break leaver just to light your break lights, gear should be bright or have reflectors.
* Use your side mirrors!
* Be aware

Having replaced the the broken parts which I got from AliExpress I embarked on my longest single ride to break the fear factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnOTR3uGZ8g

Second accident
To be continued...

And someone up above wants a quiet power bike - I laugh in loud pipes saves lives.
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by EgunMogaji2: 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

I wish you all the best.

I disagree with you.
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by buygala(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I disagree with you.

It's your fundamental right to disagree with him Sir smiley

It's good to know a two-wheeler has equal stopping distance and braking stability with a 4-wheeler possibly 5 times the weight of a powerbike smiley

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by buygala(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2022
9icetoo:

I wish you all the best.

BadNews don already dey hover like vulture over this thread grin... E don dey wait to cover op's demise grin

Me sef wan run far from this thread because e be like say death dey smell everywhere here

2 Likes

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by EgunMogaji2: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2022
buygala:

It's your fundamental right to disagree with him Sir smiley

It's good to know a two-wheeler has equal stopping distance and braking stability with a 4-wheeler possibly 5 times the weight of a powerbike smiley

I'm not disagreeing based on a fundamental right but on proven physical ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loaJVp4ARZA&t=131s
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by diportivo: 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2022
buygala:

BadNews don already dey hover like vulture over this thread grin... E don dey wait to cover op's demise grin

Me sef wan run far from this thread because e be like say death dey smell everywhere here

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by BadNews: 6:08am On Aug 02, 2022
buygala:

Op of this thread is actively working towards being crushed by a vehicle smiley

Follow him on Facebook for more grin

Cha E!
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 12:38am On Aug 05, 2022
Lessons learnt;
* Everybody on the road is 'non compos mentis' except me
* So expect the worst
* Be on the qui vive at all time
* Be fully kitted with all the safety gears at all times
* Spend money to get quality gear
* Bike community is very supportive

To put the bike back in shape, I replaced the following parts
* The headlight brace/support
* The headlight
* All the fairings with a more pronounced red
* Left handle bar
* And the foot shift lever
I got all the parts from China and did all the replacement myself.

The bikes new look

https://youtube.com/shorts/Kem99t4pMNo?feature=share

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2022
Changes I have made to my power bike so far ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0q0NrkWPpM
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 10:14am On Oct 02, 2022
So I have just taken delivery of a new bike cool
It's a BMW f800st
A sport touring with 798cc.
It came with the topcase and side panniers.

2 Likes

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2022
So Mufasa is now for sale! �

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by Timoxilene: 2:01pm On Oct 02, 2022
Where you come dey go inside this hot sun?

You come beat traffic light join. You see say buygala get valid concern. grin

2 Likes

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by diportivo: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2022
Timoxilene:

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
Timoxilene:

Nice shots!
Going to the classic cars event at the palms in lekki, you should join us
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2022
Classic cars event will be on till 7pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWUbqLBEY80

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by Timoxilene: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
uwemjack:

Nice shots!
Going to the classic cars event at the palms in lekki, you should join us

I was commuting to work jare. Have all the fun you can. And ride safely. Any reason you rode under 60km/h for the long stretch?

PS: I have need to inspect Mufasa.
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2022
Timoxilene:

I was commuting to work jare. Have all the fun you can. And ride safely. Any reason you rode under 60km/h for the long stretch?

PS: I have need to inspect Mufasa.

With all the rough road, vibrations get transferred to handle which will cause numbness, also not a speed demon on the bike

1 Like

Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by uwemjack(m): 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2022
Timoxilene:

PS: I have need to inspect Mufasa. [/right]
Someone has paid for Mufasa already!
Re: Uwemjacks Mufasa (motorcycle) by Antihelminth: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2022
Awesome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

**Sold** Toks 2007 Scion TC Coupe.**Sold** / Mazda 6 2.5i 2010 Sports Fulloption Toks... 3.6m / Toyota Corolla 2005 For N1.8m (last Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.