Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos (2093 Views)

Lawrence Olorungbon, Wife, 3 Children Found Dead Inside Their Apartment In Lagos / Thunderstorm Kills Two Pupils In Nsukka, Enugu State / Sidechick Kills Pastor Brodes Perry After His Wife Let Her Inside Their Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2022
Update From . COM

At least two pupils have died while others passed out after they suffocated in their school bus in Aguda area of Lagos state on Friday, July 8.

The driver of the school bus, Odunsa Mandala, was taking the pupils back to their homes after the close of school when the incident occurred. The pupils were said to have repeatedly complained to him about how uncomfortable they felt but he allegedly ignored their complaint until most of them on the bus had suffocated and passed out. When he saw the state they were in, he raised an alarm and the pupils were rushed to the hospital. While some of them were rushed to the Lagos State Teaching Hospital., others were rushed to Randle hospital. Sadly, two of the pupils lost their lives.

Confirming the incident on Twitter, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said

''Yes, the driver has been arrested but the young souls are already gone, sadly so. A school bus driver ignored repeated complaints from the kids he was taking home that they were not feeling well. Some of the kids went unconscious, two eventually died.

Schools need to up their game in recruitment and pay more attention to job fit. Parents too need to do thorough background checks of schools and crèches before entrusting their kids into their care.

Meanwhile, the relevant regulatory agency has been notified of this act of gross negligence. Security is everyone’s business.''

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/7/two-pupils-die-others-pass-out-inside-their-school-bus-in-lagos.html

1 Share

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2022
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 And Seun
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by VeryWickedMan: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2022
I follow just for the bad news

5 Likes

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by Cypress042(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2022
When the gods want to kill a man they first make him mad, but in this case they made him deaf.

What a sad news to the kids parent, and in other hand a big problem to the school bus driver.

God help us in this country sad
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by RedChiefPriest: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
God! Omo this driver don enter big thing o
Rip to the students and may God comfort their family.
Lossing a child is a big nightmare for any parent.
They really need to investigate this matter really really really well.

2 Likes

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I follow just for the bad news

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

1 Like

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by zolajpower: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2022
post=114573928:
Update From . COM

Source:
Are you playing , what type of playing is this shocked?

1 Like

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by VeryWickedMan: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
post=114573980:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by NaijaCover(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Thanks

God Almighty Will Always Guide & Protect You

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by JASONjnr(m): 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2022
The Agbado headmaster will not say anything about this... But if this happened in the North, he will rush down there with his bullion van to share money to the parents and to the school affected..

Agbado headmaster!! The only man that will demand and supply Agbado from the recruitment source....
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by wiseone28: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
What happened?

I know i didn't read before i comment.
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by PerfectStranger(m): 1:05am On Jul 10, 2022
Living in Nigeria is synonymous to playing bet9ja virtual.

1 Like

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by realstars: 1:27am On Jul 10, 2022
May the kids RIP, this is just how they will shotdown the school.
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by Totilopussylick(m): 5:56am On Jul 10, 2022
PerfectStranger:
Living in Nigeria is synonymous to playing bet9ja virtual.

Extremely synonymous.

I remember playing bet9ja one time to win just #11million. But Chelsea bleeped me up by losing to Burnley FC.

I nearly ended it all if it wasn't for one of my babe.

She called me and that she is coming to spend the night.

I quickly removed the rope i already put around my neck and went back straight to the room to wait for her tongue.

But Tinubu will die before me undecided.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by Hacks4dummies: 6:06am On Jul 10, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Extremely synonymous.

I remember playing bet9ja one time to win just #11million. But Chelsea bleeped me up by losing to Burnley FC.

I nearly ended it all if it wasn't for one of my babe.

She called me and that she is coming to spend the night.

I quickly removed the rope i already put around my neck and went back straight to the room to wait for her tongue.

But Tinubu will die before me undecided.

in other day words, your babe saved your life. Lmao. Hope you ended up marrying her?
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by Winneygirl(f): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2022
How crowded was the bus that kids suffocated? Plus I'm sure all the windows were up.
For this to happen, the kids had to have been sandwiched in the bus with no ventilation. Wasn't there supposed to be another staff riding with the bus to keep an eye on the kids??

4 Likes

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by chigoziri2403(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2022
They probably suffocated
Schools these days in a bid to make more money pack children like sardines
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by Doubleoh7: 9:02am On Jul 10, 2022
Probably all packed up like fishes in a small bus with no AC. Possible the bus was stuck in traffic and fumes from exhaust of other vehicles filled the bus (it might even be fumes from the vehicle itself), and I guess it was only the driver in the vehicle with no other adult, overseeing the kids. I remeber years back trying this school bus thing with my first child, the first day he rode the school bus was the only day, i asked the school for a refund afterwards. I'd rather be driving him myself. Private schools in Nigeria has since turned to business centers, none of them are interested in moulding kids anymore
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by Houseofglam7(f): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2022
Omg
This is heartbreaking.
May their souls Rest In Peace.
Quick recovery to the others.
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by PerfectStranger(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2022
Hacks4dummies:
in other day words, your babe saved your life. Lmao. Hope you ended up marrying her?
Cc:Totilopussylick answer this simple question

Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by dominique(f): 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Why couldn't they just open the windows
Re: Two Pupils Die, Others Pass Out Inside Their School Bus In Lagos by StormpyBee: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer's 16yrs Old Son Used His Gun To Kill 1student And 3teachers(Video / 3 People Gang-rape A Married Woman For Refusing To Convert To Islam / Bode George Jailed For 28yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.