Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Are We Ready Yet? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Ready Yet? (406 Views)

Tinubu’s Ministerial List Not Ready Yet, Says Dele Alake (Video) / We Ready To Support Amosun If... - APCGM ...as Former Ogun Governor Campaign P / Anambra 2021: Are We Ready For Another Female Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are We Ready Yet? by budaatum: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
I recall when our National Anthem was adopted. At the time I figured it needed changing since we never stood in brother or sisterhood, and there was no peace and plenty, and man and woman were oppressed, and we have not been proud to serve a nation we never built. Hollow words, the old anthem sounded like for many like me pre- civilian war children as there was definitely nothing to count as gain that could have possibly been handed to us their children. In fact, watch them, at 80+, still trying to hold on to a Nigeria they have been the cause of not being blessed! So what Nigeria were we exactly hailing?

Then, came Arise O Compatriots with its nice impressional dancy tune and what I saw as it's aspirational intent and something to work towards. I thought, Insha Allah Aleluya Jesu Christi God Sango Ogun Owala and all the Gods everywhere let us hear before my time is up so we can truly hail Nigeria, Amen.

My time is not up, I am pleased to say, but the Gods have heard their peoples' cry I think, and happen to feel we are very ready to not only hear but are also very ready to invite with spirit and fulfil the words we've been singing for decades and Arise O Compatriots.

But I might be wrong. I might be projecting my own feelings or be deluded or be telling myself lies. So if you feel you might not be ready to fulfil the words we've all at one time or the other been singing please quote the line you disagree with with your reasons, because, I think it is time to call on ourselves to obey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShqdHHUb5Fc

Nigerian National Anthem

Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leader’s right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign.

Ref:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arise,_O_Compatriots
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria,_We_Hail_Thee

Do note mods might move this as it has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Ready Yet? by kkins25(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
More than ready!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Ready Yet? by Freeze007(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2022
Well the old anthem is more like what we need...Nigeria we are proud to serve, though tribes and tongue may differ in Brotherhood we stand, Our motherland we are proud to serve..... who are the co-patriots? In this nation of what we presently see, who has obeyed Nigerias call? But, it could be an addendum to the first if at all, but, my SEER has spoke about us returning to the first anthem...I think I agree with him because He is so Practical in truth

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Funke Akindele Named PDP Lagos Deputy Gov Candidate / 10 Reasons Tinubu Will Win – Pastor Adelaja / Moment Davido's Uncle, Ademola Adeleke Was Declared Winner Of Osun Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.