Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Catholic Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church (664 Views)

Catholic Church Otukpo Built By David Mark (Photos) / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church by Sakir: 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2022
I am a Christian, and I am born into a Christian home(Pentecostal church) however i want to change to Catholic Church, I love Catholic Church though I don't really know much about them, please nairalanders kindly help me with some advice and please what are the things I need to know about Catholic Church.
Re: Catholic Church by FatherBona: 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
I welcome you in the name of God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit ( sprinkles with holy water and makes sign of the cross) let the brother see the light.
Re: Catholic Church by Arthurity1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2022
Sakir:
I am a Christian, and I am born into a Christian home(Pentecostal church) however i want to change to Catholic Church, I love Catholic Church though I don't really know much about them, please nairalanders kindly help me with some advice and please what are the things I need to know about Catholic Church.
Walk into any Catholic Church, meet the parish priest and talk to him. You'd have to take cathchism classes, where you'd be thaught all you need to know about the Catholic Church. This might take up to a year to complete, depending on the parish but it is fun. Pass it and you are going to be baptised and also going to receive the sacrament of the holy eucharist.... Welcome to the family my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church by AntiChristian: 7:40am On Jul 11, 2022
Hmmm!
Catholics that do partake in idolatry by praying to dead people, seeking help from them and genuflecting to the graven images of Mary and Jesus in their churches?

Tufiakwa!
Re: Catholic Church by Mikee19(m): 9:00am On Jul 11, 2022
Sakir:

May I ask why you want to switch from being Pentecostal to Catholic tho? undecided

Cos I did the reverse. Born and raised Catholic (hence can tell you about them and why I left), but only if you reply my first. What's wrong with Pentecostal church that you wanna leave? Why the Catholic church, what do u love about them? Did u get born again while a Pentecostal?

Answer these three, and I promise I'll tell you why I left them for Pentecostal church. I'll tell you much about them
Re: Catholic Church by tctrills: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2022
Mikee19:

May I ask why you want to switch from being Pentecostal to Catholic tho? undecided

Cos I did the reverse. Born and raised Catholic (hence can tell you about them and why I left), but only if you reply my first. What's wrong with Pentecostal church that you wanna leave? Why the Catholic church, what do u love about them? Did u get born again while a Pentecostal?

Answer these three, and I promise I'll tell you why I left them for Pentecostal church. I'll tell you much about them
There are many reasons one would want to leave the pentecostal church. Allow him to make his choice. He is looking for God. Let God direct his journey. If you feel he is making a bad move, then teach him from the bible.
Teach him correct principles that you believe are missing in the Catholic Church. I don't think you have the right to question his status with God by asking if he is born again. Even Jesus or his apostles did not ask anyone if the are born again
Re: Catholic Church by Mikee19(m): 9:15am On Jul 11, 2022
tctrills:

There are many reasons one would want to leave the pentecostal church. Allow him to make his choice. He is looking for God. Let God direct his journey. If you feel he is making a bad move, then teach him from the bible.
Teach him correct principles that you believe are missing in the Catholic Church. I don't think you have the right to question his status with God by asking if he is born again. Even Jesus or his apostles did not ask anyone if the are born again

No, he will make his choice na, lol. Nobody can enforce anything on anyone, i certainly am not trying to do so. Also I'm not "questioning his status with God". He may be born again. He may not be. I just want to know! Haba! Ppl and these sorta questions. It's like when u ask someone something and he says "you're questioning me?"! It will always be funny to me because it's just a question! I just want to know dasall! I can't judge no man, I'm not God. Pls let him respond, they're just harmless questions biko!
Re: Catholic Church by tctrills: 9:17am On Jul 11, 2022
Mikee19:

No, he will make his choice na, lol. Nobody can enforce anything on anyone, i certainly am not trying to do so. Also I'm not "questioning his status with God". He may be born again. He may not be. I just want to know! Haba! Ppl and these sorta decisions. It's like when u ask someone something and he says "you're questioning me?"! It will always be funny to me because it's just a question! I just want to know dasall! I can't judge no man, I'm not God. Pls let him respond, they're just harmless questions biko!
There are good and bad questions. There are judgemental questions. I believe you could teach him from the bible if you think the pentecostal way is the right way to Christ.
Re: Catholic Church by Mikee19(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2022
tctrills:

There are good and bad questions. There are judgemental questions. I believe you could teach him from the bible if you think the pentecostal way is the right way to Christ.

Sigh... Pls let him answer the questions, i promise I'm not trying to judge him. You don't know this cos u don't know my motive or what I'll respond with. I'm trying to locate what "help" /teaching will be most useful, what approach will be best. My questions are for this purpose ONLY! They will help me best respond to him most effectively!

This is tiring. I can only demonstrate what i mean if he does answer. Let him answer and when you see my response you'll know better what i mean
Re: Catholic Church by tctrills: 9:31am On Jul 11, 2022
Mikee19:

Sigh... Pls let him answer the questions, i promise I'm not trying to judge him. You don't know this cos u don't know my motive or what I'll respond with. I'm trying to locate what "help" /teaching will be most useful, what approach will be best. My questions are for this purpose ONLY! They will help me best respond to him most effectively!

This is tiring. I can only demonstrate what i mean if he does answer. Let him answer and when you see my response you'll know better what i mean
Ok, do as you please
Re: Catholic Church by Sakir: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2022
Mikee19:

Nothing wrong in Pentecostal church, I just developed great love for Catholic Church, I am born again as a Pentecostal church member.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church by sonmvayina(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
The Catholic religion is the mother church and the custodian of the Christian faith. They pride themselves as the direct receivers f the faith handed to the disciples by the Jesus they created..

They very much created the new testament and made humanity a rebel to their creator..
Re: Catholic Church by Mikee19(m): 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2022
Sakir:

Nothing wrong in Pentecostal church, I just developed great love for Catholic Church, I am born again as a Pentecostal church member.

Thank you for responding back. I have a very interesting reason for asking these but I'll reply when freer. Not every time someone wants to judge someone, who am I, am i God?

You'll see soon in my responses when freer
Re: Catholic Church by Mikee19(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2022
Sakir:

Ok I thought hard and long about how to respond to u cos in truth I dey fear the Catholic church. They are very evil. Them dey kill person. I won't even put too much of my own stuff out here again...

They are a fraud of a religion. They lie that they're the first church Jesus brought. I can readily show this to be false, but again I'm being careful. It's paganism disguised as Christianity.

I asked if you're born again cos they are not. Not even the Pope. They don't believe in that. What they call being born again is water baptism by sprinkling water on somebody (not even immersion), even in infants who dunno anything, and tell them they're born again that way. I'm sure u don't wanna be a born again person where almost everyone isn't born again and spiritually dead.

They also have a very terrible history, but they're trying to rewrite it all, just like how dem rebrand Buhari. Most Catholics dunno their own history and don't bother to find out

1) See this video of how this person was bold to challenge a Catholic bishop to his face. Of course all his facts are accurate. Read them up if in doubt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRsaxXrjk3w

2) Download these comics by a former Jesuit Catholic priest that confirms all this man said and goes on to reveal how truly evil they are (They killed him in the end after numerous attempts) https://archive.org/details/albertoseries

Cheers
Re: Catholic Church by Dtruthspeaker: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2022
Sakir:

Talk true you just want us to bash Catholic church!

Every non-catholic church goer knows that Catholic church IS SATAN'S VERSION OF CHURCH.
Re: Catholic Church by Dtruthspeaker: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
Mikee19:

Ok I thought hard and long about how to respond to u cos in truth I dey fear the Catholic church. They are very evil. Them dey kill person. I won't even put too much of my own stuff out here again...

They are a fraud of a religion. They lie that they're the first church Jesus brought. I can readily show this to be false, but again I'm being careful. It's paganism disguised as Christianity.

Don't stress yourself! It takes madness for a non Catholic church goer to see Catholic church then he says he likes it

Surely, he is just a Satan who has found his house.
Re: Catholic Church by echepops(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Re: Fashola At The Holy Ghost Service / What Is Wrong With Preset Traditional Roles In Marriage / Real Spiritual Nourishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.