Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. (551 Views)

I Think I'm Infected, Please Advise / Masturbation: I Think I Have PE And ED, I'm Just 20 / Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Dorwadora(f): 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
I've been battling with this mental illness since forever and right now I don't want to continue with it. It's as if my brain has been programmed to believe that I have all the illness and diseases of this world. For instance, If perhaps i watched a movie and the hero or heroine got diagnosed of brain tumour, I'll cry for the actor then afterwards i'll then try to remember all the symptoms of brain tumour and right from that moment I'll start to convince myself that maybe the cause of my headache could be brain tumour.

I've believed myself to have lukemia, Cancer, HIV, Glaucoma, Hypertension and many other illness base on their symptoms. I check my HIV status every 3 months i've used unnecessary supplements. Today I got Well Woman because i've been thinking about PCOS lately.

All this things are self diagnosed by me base on the content my mind has been exposed to. I've stopped to watch movies or read some certain type of books so that i can put a limit to what my mind takes in but its not helping.

I'm always wasting my money and my time on all this things. I'm not afraid to swallow any herbal concoction no matter how bitter it might be. I'm always worried that something might be inside my body, growing and might kill me one day.

"What if I have a damaged kidney" or " What if my heart is failing" or " What if I sleep and die". I always sleep and wake up with this thoughts. I'm losing my peace of mind and my life.

Please what can I do?
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:50pm On Jul 10, 2022
I feel for you.. chronic anxiety in any form is horrible...When you are focused on health and the "unknowns"..its particularly scary because the stakes are so much higher..life or death...

First off..healthy anxiety is symptomatic of a larger anxiety issue...If you aren't speaking to a therapist yet then run to find one...But don't expect an overnight "cure" cos it takes a lot of time to get to the root of your anxiety and to develop workable cognitive tools to fight off anxious thoughts...It's a battle and there will be days where you experience major setbacks... understood?

Secondly..GET OFF THE INTERNET...if you are going to go on the Internet then try to find message boards or other reassurance sites that can help you versus focusing on sites that can reaffirm your worst diagnostic fears...

Thirdly listen to your doctors...They are really intelligent people (I can vouch for this)...if they tell you that you are fine then you are fine....
Go out and spend time with friends if you have one..Develop hobbies that you can enjoy on a regular basis...Get a pet... Find creative outlets...

And finally accept that life is uncertain...As cliched as this is enjoy every single second... wink

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by blazingblender(m): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
Your signature says it all
WEIRDO
The best way you should get your kind of this is through discipline
And when your mind starts playing games with you ignore it
With time you will be free

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Channah1(f): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
It's all in your head sis.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by care4you: 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Get a new dick you will be fine!

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
You'll be fine it's a phase

I had the same thing some years back. I was always sweating at night checked google and the diseases associated with it made me panic. But in the end it was nothing.

Distract yourself. Date a toxic man. Trust me you'll have bigger problems than cancer.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by MITCHELL96: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
Your mind is a powerful place, learn to train your mind to stop believing shits, and not everything out there on social media is watchable

Anything that has hypnotised your mind has taken over your whole body and soul, Be careful on things you hear, watch, say and practice

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Zonefree(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2022
Kolo people full this platform cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by 9182736455O1999(m): 5:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
OP suicide is not the best option - it is the only option
This guy, why are your posts always like this na.
LMAO cheesy grin
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Dorwadora(f): 5:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
@FERNANDEZISBACK...I'm very grateful for your mindful contribution on this topic. I'm going through a tough phase since the last few weeks thinking this and that because of my mind panicking over everything.I can't talk on romance section for now.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
@FERNANDEZISBACK...I'm very grateful for your mindful contribution on this topic. I'm going through a tough phase since the last few weeks thinking this and that because of my mind panicking over everything.I can't talk on romance section for now.
You need someone to like speak to?
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Dorwadora(f): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You need someone to like speak to?
Yes...
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
Yes...
Would it be possible for you to send in a mail..?..
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by VeryWickedMan: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
How frustrated can one be to be replying herself?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Silentgroper(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
care4you:
Get a new dick you will be fine! ..
Her boyfriend left her?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Dorwadora(f): 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Would it be possible for you to send in a mail..?..
My mail is inaccessible for now... Recently lost my phone. I'll quote you on a dead thread.... Thanks.
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2022
Dorwadora:
My mail is inaccessible for now... Recently lost my phone. I'll quote you on a dead thread.... Thanks.
No problems..
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Chaos14: 7:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Start reading H.P lovecraft

1 Like

Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Silentgroper(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2022
Have u told ur mom?
Re: Help! I Think I'm Hypochondriac. by Czathedemigod: 3:41am On Oct 03, 2022
Lmfao bunch of loonies,perverts,clout chasers,simps and allwhatnot on this platform lol you just gotta love nigerians!..

(1) (Reply)

Most Common Blood Clot Myths / Buy Adderall Online Without A Prescription / Hepatitis C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.