Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

How To Sell The Same Thing For A Higher Price. (A Must Read) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Sell The Same Thing For A Higher Price. (A Must Read) (252 Views)

Is Ecobank Plc And Ecobank Xpress Acct The Same Thing? Urgent Pls!! / Make Extra Cash~Clean up your closet & sell the unwanted stuffs fast on u-Snapp / Can You Buy This Thing For 40k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Sell The Same Thing For A Higher Price. (A Must Read) by PromiseObasi(m): 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2022
I recently started Interning at this Pharmacy.

Another way to keep busy.

See Friend, you already have the solution to your business problems, you just don't pay close attention.

I was reading a book with my phone when this pot-bellied dark-skinned stout looking man entered the place..

he was suffering from Malaria, he needed an Anti malaria

We have two categories of Anti-Malaria drugs, the first was less expensive (cheap) the second was more expensive (costly)

I presented the two to him, guess which one he went for?

You were right ..
he went for the less expensive one..

Lumapil, which sold for ₦600

He said "I don't have the money for this other one, Na the same thing nah".

mind you.. the more expensive ones were sold for 2X the amount (₦1,200).

As he went on ordering other things he would be taking the drug with eg, Paracetamol, Vit. C etc.

The Pharmacist Stepped In.

The following conversation ensued between them.

Pharm: My friend, have you become sick?

Man: Na malaria oo, You know say I no dey sick before.

Pharm: Na Lumapil you collect?

Man: Yes, this other one Na the same thing nah, (As he chuckles)

Pharm: Na the same thing this one come cost pass?

Man: Abi?. Shey Na this one get one tablet?

Then he dipped his hand into his pocket and paid for the more expensive Anti-Malaria drug.

I was like..

No be this man talk say e no get money just now?

Moral Of The Story?

Most Times when they come inquiring, they have the money, they are not going to part with their hard earned money till you give them a reason why.

Tell them why this product is better than the one they are used to and hence more costly.

If you have the ability to make people see things this way, You can never go broke again.. No matter what you sell.

In the case above, see why this worked.

He knows the Pharmacist is an Authority, and knows better than himself.

He already has a nudge to go for the more expensive one, he just needed someone to persuade him.

The pharmacist didn't have to tell him the chemical components of both or the effectiveness of both.

That statement he made already told him the other drug was superior and would work better.

Another Moral lesson..

Be an authority, whatever you do will feel like a recommendation, and not you trying to sell.

If you want me to talk about how you can position as an authority in my post tomorrow, I'll appreciate if you Kindly leave a Like, It would tell me how many people are interested in it.

You can follow me too (Even better) grin.

I teach young online entrepreneurs and business owners the rights and wrongs of online business. I have preached this to over 150+ trainees of mine and there has been incessant testimonies.

You can check my post on "Will Juanna Survive" to see some of the testimonies.

I can help you too if you are currently struggling with your business. You can connect with me on WhatsApp by clicking on the link below.

Click Here.

You should also read my last post on "The Evil Coca-Cola Does In Mexico", I have a business lesson there for you..

The article has been read by over 270 people already.

Have a wonderful Sunday Evening.

Till we meet and talk about how this meeting changed the game for you, I will be rooting for you from my end.

Promise.

PS. Don't forget to like if you enjoyed this one.

3 Likes

Re: How To Sell The Same Thing For A Higher Price. (A Must Read) by PromiseObasi(m): 7:25am On Jul 11, 2022
Authority Building is why you will rather go to a surgeon who has had 1000 successful surgeries than one who has just two.

It is why you will rather let an old doctor treat you than a fresh graduate.

But there is a way you can build authority online without having to wait all these years.

Yeah, you can use the power of perception..

I will talk more on this later today.

1 Like

Re: How To Sell The Same Thing For A Higher Price. (A Must Read) by PromiseObasi(m): 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
D-day, Sorry it's coming late..

Tune in by 8pm Prompt..

This food took a while to cook grin
Re: How To Sell The Same Thing For A Higher Price. (A Must Read) by PromiseObasi(m): 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2022
I just Shared the post.

Do yourself a Favour, Check It out!
Re: How To Sell The Same Thing For A Higher Price. (A Must Read) by mrsage(m): 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
Okay

(1) (Reply)

The Bottom Of The Crypto Market Has Not Yet Been Reached, And Here’s Why / Dollar Exchange Rate Today / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.