Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,921 members, 7,814,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It (1273 Views)

Bread And Fufu: Would You Eat This? (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Shares Photo Of The 'Akara' Her Friend Made / Stop Calling It Ponmo See The Right Name For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It by newsvib: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Akara, also known as Bean Ball is a common breakfast eaten in Nigeria by almost everyone. Igbos, Hausas, Yorubas, and different tribes.
Stop calling it bread and akara, see the right name for it

It is a highly proteinous meal as it's made from Beans. Akara can be eaten with a lot of things. Some people eat it with Akamu or Ogi (Pap), some eat it with Bread, and some others eat it with cereals or beverages.

But it's mostly eaten with bread. Bread and Akara is a common breakfast in most homes in Nigeria. It's hard to come out in the morning without seeing people rushing to get this great meal. Those who work in the corporate world also patronize it too.

In this article, I would be revealing the right name to call Akara and bread to avoid sounding like one who came from the village. The name might sound so funny, but trust me it is the right name to call it. The appropriate name for it is.......................continue reading: https://www.gistcent.com.ng/2022/07/stop-calling-it-bread-and-akara-see-right-name-for-it.html

Re: Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It by Seniorwriter(m): 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Bean Cake Burger! Nice renaming.... Hahahaha my niece(13years) on seeing your post on my gadget says it's Low Budget Burger....Lolz

This is better than what Tinubu suggested for the Military though..

In another news get your PVC....
THE LABOUR OF OUR HEROES PAST SHALL NOT BE IN VAIN!....
Pinned emphasis on the word Labour
I'm sure the word is gradually playing a role on the political party called Labour Party

We need vote in all leadership positions young visionary leaders come next year and most importantly vote out both APC & PDP alike.
@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It by blazingblender(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hmmmm
Nice
So when my babe asks for burger
I will get her a bean cake burger
Burger na still burger
Re: Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It by duro4chang(m): 11:17pm On Jul 10, 2022
Akara is akara
Re: Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It by KaluwisxPRO: 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2022
Na inferiority complex dey worry you.

Who named it bean cake? Do they prepare it the same way Nigerians do? If so show us how it is produced outside Nigeria. And if Akara is bean cake, then what is Moi-Moi

How many foreign food you don give local names wey you wan change local food with foreign name?

1 Like

Re: Stop Calling It Bread And Akara, See The Right Name For It by ahnie: 1:02am On Jul 11, 2022
It's still akara...

(1) (Reply)

Mcdonalds/burger-king/wendy's / Can U Cook? / How To Make Cream Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.