Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians (314 Views)

Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians / Owo Massacre: ‘Drop The Swords, Get Licensed Guns’ - Fr Oluoma Tasks Knights / Protect Yourselves From Bandits - Governor Matawalle Tells Zamfara Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Omooba77: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2022
THE Archbishop of Ondo Ecclesiastical Province and the Anglican Bishop of Akure Diocese, Rev. Simeon Borokini, weekend, urged Nigerians to get licensed guns to protect themselves against the ravaging bandits across the country.

Borokini spoke during the Synod at St. Andrews Anglican Church, Oyemekun, Akure, in Ondo State.

While expressing dismay over the worsening insecurity in the country, the cleric said members of his church should be ready to defend themselves against attackers.

He  pointed out that safety has become a prime concern for worshippers, hence the need for churches to protect and defend themselves.

His words: “Well, I won’t oppose the call for churches to defend themselves because the government seems to be insensitive to the security situation in the country. So, anybody that is willing to get something to protect himself, should get it licensed, if it is a gun. If it is to protect, I will support it, since the government seems to be negligent, as far as security is concerned.

Promises made by the government to protect citizens from terrorists and criminals have not been kept; instead, the country has become more unstable than it has been in decades.

“The recent surge of insecurity has been linked to poverty across the country.

The nation is abundantly blessed but criminally youth unemployment is alarming and the country is in the middle of one of the economic downturns.

“Nigeria, God’s own country, the giant of Africa, a nation flowing with milk and honey, is now a place where everyone is avoiding partnering with or even coming to invest in.

“Even, the citizens are running from the country to go and look for a greener pasture and find solace somewhere else as a result of the security challenges.

“The nation is faced with an unprecedented wave of different but overlapping insurgencies and almost every corner has been hit by violence and crime.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/insecurity-get-licensed-guns-protect-yourselves-archbishop-tells-nigerians/
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Vulturereloaded: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2022
Most important, defend your faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QywVgJEHmfc
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Boogyman557: 7:53am On Jul 11, 2022
Holly Gram cool NL una de see for una self..

Wen I de SHOUT here since, make everybody carry der own KALA, una tink say I de joke!

As u see me so, I get 2 KALA, old and new KALA..

Any STREET wey I de JAZZ in, I de carry my KALA..

Anybody wey JUNZ or ZUZU, na to BLAST BLAST em left leg DROP 4 GROUND b4 people go begin ask us waiting happen..

If u get PIKIN, buy KALA give ur PIKIN ooo

no too REASON d matterz because children of dis GENERATION de adapt to TINZ fast..

PIKIN of 5 minutes don de operate LAPI

PIKIN of 2sc don de operate PHONE!

so no too REASON d matterz..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Quest7777: 7:56am On Jul 11, 2022
Exactly what that bat's M-M ticket will engender. But he does not care because his na-my-turn desperado ambition is worth more than the blood of innocent Nigerians.
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by tony0806: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2022
Good.

If you can't get a licensed gun because of the procedure, get a good Cutlass. Sharpen it in the market. On your way coming home, buy a catapult. Display them openly before you enter your compound so that people around with negative intentions will know that before they get to you, there's a little huddle to cross. Self defense is your constitutional right.
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by LoveNbeloved(f): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2022
Ok
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by God1000(m): 7:59am On Jul 11, 2022
I'm in support
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Treasure17(m): 8:13am On Jul 11, 2022
Anything is permissible in order to protect my family.
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 11, 2022
These Men tell us God will protect us

Then they tell us Angels will protect us

Then they tell us jesus will protect us

Then they tell us holy spirit will guide us away from evil

Then they tell us anointing oil will shield us

Then they tell us communion will heal us

Then they tell us tithe is like having a savings account in heaven.

But Now we need to buy GUNS to protect ourselves?

Sigh... Religion is just weird.
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Urheadmaster(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2022
Thantayo:

You don't have to be this ignorance.

Being this ignorance can kill you even before the gunmen get to you tongue undecided
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Righthussle: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2022
Who dey give the license? No be this evil government?

But wait o, oga your sticker no dey give protection again? That one wey you dey sell 20k.
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by Righthussle: 8:31am On Jul 11, 2022
Thantayo:

It's not weird, it's a big scam
Re: Insecurity: Get Licensed Guns, Protect Yourselves, Archbishop Tells Nigerians by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Omooba77:
THE Archbishop of Ondo Ecclesiastical Province and the Anglican Bishop of Akure Diocese, Rev. Simeon Borokini, weekend, urged Nigerians to get licensed guns to protect themselves against the ravaging bandits across the country.

Borokini spoke during the Synod at St. Andrews Anglican Church, Oyemekun, Akure, in Ondo State.

While expressing dismay over the worsening insecurity in the country, the cleric said members of his church should be ready to defend themselves against attackers.

He  pointed out that safety has become a prime concern for worshippers, hence the need for churches to protect and defend themselves.

His words: “Well, I won’t oppose the call for churches to defend themselves because the government seems to be insensitive to the security situation in the country. So, anybody that is willing to get something to protect himself, should get it licensed, if it is a gun. If it is to protect, I will support it, since the government seems to be negligent, as far as security is concerned.

Promises made by the government to protect citizens from terrorists and criminals have not been kept; instead, the country has become more unstable than it has been in decades.

“The recent surge of insecurity has been linked to poverty across the country.

The nation is abundantly blessed but criminally youth unemployment is alarming and the country is in the middle of one of the economic downturns.

“Nigeria, God’s own country, the giant of Africa, a nation flowing with milk and honey, is now a place where everyone is avoiding partnering with or even coming to invest in.

“Even, the citizens are running from the country to go and look for a greener pasture and find solace somewhere else as a result of the security challenges.

“The nation is faced with an unprecedented wave of different but overlapping insurgencies and almost every corner has been hit by violence and crime.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/insecurity-get-licensed-guns-protect-yourselves-archbishop-tells-nigerians/

Even the Archbishop has become an illiterate he does not even know what he is saying. Gun licence in Nigeria has been stopped two years ago. You cannot get legal gun licence for any weapon in Nigeria for the past two years how can a Archbishop make a statement with how do his research. Go to any police station headquarters in the state and you will find out that there is no more gun licencing or licensing of firearms. Nation of illiterate. Instead of him supporting Nigerians break up he is fooling himself.

(1) (Reply)

Electing Muslim faithful Is Bad For Nigeria @2023 / Does The Muslim-muslim And Islamize Nigeria Propaganda Feel Stale This Time? / Plateau: Gov Lalong Warned Against Signing Peace Accord With Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.