Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread (10582 Views)

Fuel Hits N1,000 Per Litre As Scarcity Bites Harder In Kaduna / Fuel Hits N685/litre In North / Fuel Scarcity: No Planned Price Hike, Says FG, Queues Spread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Quest7777:

What the Sri Lanka citizens suffered is not even up to a tenth of what we are enduring in this country.
The Suffering & Smiling continues.
Politicians who preach religion and tribe in politics know what they are fixing
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by MoneyMustBMade(m): 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Am tired to keep on preaching
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Twoclans(f): 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2022
I just bought 225 per litre now cry cry around zuba .

Chaiiiiiiii
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Goddey18(m): 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2022
[quote author=Tonnierichy post=114623144]
You mumu. So na APC make fuel cost. [/quote

Na Your papa be mumu.
Before APC came to power how much were you buying fuel. Idiot
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
GenBuhari:
Nothing to do with Buhari or APC, fuel price is increase fast all over the world.
It is a planned global agenda by the evil globalists running the world.

They want people to start rioting all over the world just as is happening already in Sri Lanka. This would give them an excuse to declare a global world crisis and impose a dictatorial world govt which would be used to carry out their mass forced vaccinations and depopulation agenda.

Some cities in China have been in severe total lockdown as recently as 3 weeks ago.

That is my conspiracy theory and I hope I am wrong.

So when it happened in 2013 why didn't the globalist government come?

In 1981,a liter of fuel cost 15 kobo. By 2009 it cost 65 naira. Why didn't the globalist come all the time.

Would you sell at a loss to help the poor if you were a trader or hawker?
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Dminister(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
I bought 220 yesterday
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
Tonnierichy:

You mumu. So na APC make fuel cost.

If APC had removed fuel subsidy in 2015,by now we would have domestic refining and a better value for the naira due to Forex saved from not being wasted on subsidy and importing fuel, and no scarcity and a lower price for fuel and diesel
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by jamace(m): 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
Tinubu has not fulfilled his promises to Nigerians since 2015

Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Tonnierichy(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
Subsidywise20:

If APC had removed fuel subsidy in 2015,by now we would have domestic refining and a better value for the naira due to Forex saved from not being wasted on subsidy and importing fuel, and no scarcity and a lower price for fuel and diesel
Countries that have and refine crude oil still sell at a relatively high price sir. When Dangote launches his refinery, he'll still sell it at the international price. Dead that thought that when refine, we'll buy cheaper. We will only have surplus. We won't buy as cheap as you are imagining. It's the cost of production that led to its importation in the first place
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Tonnierichy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2022
author=Goddey18 post=114625920]
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Tonnierichy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 11, 2022
Goddey18:

Na Your papa be mumu.
Before APC came to power how much were you buying fuel. Idiot

See am? Obi supporters. They have no respect for their parents at home. Your behaviour in public space is a reflection of the home you are from.

Face me and tackle me. Don't mention my parents.

Then go and educate yourself on why the price of pms is skyrocket. Maybe then you can gain more exposure and appear like you at least went to secondary school
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2022
Tonnierichy:
Countries that have and refine crude oil still sell at a relatively high price sir. When Dangote launches his refinery, he'll still sell it at the international price. Dead that thought that when refine, we'll buy cheaper. We will only have surplus. We won't buy as cheap as you are imagining. It's the cost of production that led to its importation in the first place

So why didn't your APC face reality and remove subsidy since 2015, so that we could have more than just Dangote refinery?
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Tonnierichy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 11, 2022
Subsidywise20:

So why didn't your APC face reality and remove subsidy since 2015, so that we could have more than just Dangote refinery?
Even if they did, how much do you think you'll be buying fuel now? That's the basis of your attack. Not the availability
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
Tonnierichy:

Even if they did, how much do you think you'll be buying fuel now? That's the basis of your attack. Not the availability

Even then, they should have removed fuel subsidy so that it would have been profitable to refine petrol in this country....and we would have had a lot of modular and big refineries under construction, not just Dangote.
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Goddey18(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2022
Tonnierichy:

See am? Obi supporters. They have no respect for their parents at home. Your behaviour in public space is a reflection of the home you are from.

Face me and tackle me. Don't mention my parents.

Then go and educate yourself on why the price of pms is skyrocket. Maybe then you can gain more exposure and appear like you at least went to secondary school

Rest Mr Man. I made my comment and left only for you to come and call me Mumu.
Are you the one feeding me.
What stopped you from educating me since you claim to know better rather than resorting to insult. I don't insult people but you call me Mumu first. Check your first mention.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Tonnierichy(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
Subsidywise20:

A new song
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
Tonnierichy:

A new song

No new song...I told you right from the first time I quoted you that your APC should have removed subsidy since.

They did not, that is why we are in this mess.

Anyway, ye Nigerians do not want development.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Tonnierichy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2022
Subsidywise20:

It's easier said than done. Every time the government mention subsidy removal, people ignore the term "subsidy removal" and focus on "price hike" that doesn't even exist.

The ones that know and admit to themselves it's the best thing will start shouting government will embezzle it(I said same in 2011 when Jonathan attempted it, and for good reasons).

Majority don't even understand shii.... All the noise they'll be making Is.....aahhhh! Buhari wants to add to fuel money yen yen yen.

It's hard, very hard to live in Nigeria without enjoying fuel subsidy. And it's difficult to blame the government for stalling on the total removal of the subsidy. They've been removing it gradually to see if they can sustain it. But as it is, it's sad things are the way it is a across the world... The prices are going up and fast. And even now, we wouldn't have been able to cope if the Buhari administration had removed it from the get go. That's like buying pms at 700 naira or more.
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by abobote: 3:51pm On Jul 11, 2022
Nigeria is the cheapest place to live, just that the wage rate is too, and getting money in Nigeria is difficult.
The money doesn't circulate, its in the hands of few.
The gap between the rich and poor is very wide.
Imagine, a litre of fuel @250, and people are complaining. That is the cheapest in the world by far
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Fujiyama: 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
Eriggs:

Something needs to be done.

^^^
cheesy

Then do it! What are you waiting for?
Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Fujiyama: 5:12pm On Jul 11, 2022
RepoMan007:
If the subsidy is proving too much, it may be better to adjust the subsidy level by pushing pump prices upwards to:
1) reduce demand, a move that will further lessen the burden of subsidy on FG due to reduced local consumption.
2) reduce profit margin for smugglers, and like the above, further lessen the subsidy burden on FG due to reduced leakages.

It is more reasonable to achieve these three effects than risk inflation. Inflation isn't something that can be easily reversed.

Between 200 and 250 should do for now because many people are already queueing to buy within that range of price.

^^
Diesel was deregulated years ago - the subsidy on diesel was taken away, never to return. It will soon be 1000 Naira per litre, up from about 270 Naira less than two years ago. Is this good for the economy? undecided

The knock on effect of the diesel price spike on transport and industry is massive. Prices of goods and services are going through the roof. If PMS is deregulated and the price of petrol skyrockets, what will that do to the general price level?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Hits N250/Litre In Abuja, Others, Queues Spread by Wwwq: 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2022
Really

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Nigeria Doesn't Deserve An Absentee President Like Atiku- Afegbua / Dele Momodu Replies Nairalanders! / Lagos State To Contribute ₦1 Billion To Fund Tinubu's Birthday Celebration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.