Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. (4514 Views)

Jonathan Replies Obasanjo, Says letter Is Self-Serving, Provocative / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / My Proposed 7 Year Single Tenure Was Misunderstood – GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
I remember I use to see a certain user name BEAF, did he retire or something?
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by 1025: 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
if there is any amendment we need now in our constitution, i think it will be making the act of stealing public funds a crime punishable by death through hanging or firing squad.
if jonathan is real, let him give our constitution and judiciary the power and right to treat these public criminals as the thieves they are.
it is irritating thinking that low lives like ohakim will suffocate imo state and her people for 6 yrs. no no no, jonathan, i have always seen u as an agent of destruction.
those u make ur friends and advisers are about to destroy u.
since governance in nigeria is about stealing of public funds, i think 2 yrs is enough for nigerians to steal enough funds for their lives. it is a shame that nothing good is coming out of this pdp.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by DAY12(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Frankly,GEJ does not come across as an inspirational leader.He appears to be running the country higgledy-piggledy.

What do you expect from a man who rarely speak but he smile @ any small thingangry angry angry

Even if Boko Harem kill us finish, GEJ go still dey mute & smile!

Nothing good is not gonna happen outta his govt. I've said before. angry
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by ahmedoo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 28, 2011
God bless nigeria,long. live G.e.j, dia is rilly nothin wrong wit d bill.after all gudluck will b re electetd cum 2015 even without d bill, atleast he has achievd so much within a very short time.,more jobs,better power supply,security of lives and properties,creation of more ministries i can go on, al d man nids is ur support and constructive criticism, and we all shall enjoy more fresh air,after all we all voted hm in, abi una don 4get?anyway gudluck is just being a nigerian if given d chance he'l do better, however i still tink nw aint d time 4 hm to seek a tenure elongation, wateva b d case its a win-win 4 mr president, if dey kick against d bill nw, al he nids do is wait til 2015 and i am sure he will win even if u and i dnt vote 4 him, 9ja is surely gr8er than me and u,
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by delicious1(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
But why, oh why.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2011
Reetarded President
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by aribisala0(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2011
what is wrong with the bill is that it wil probably take a week of the national assembly's time.
bearing in mind that they don't work everyday of the year we must question whether it's the best use of their time NOW .
more annoying is it won't pass but a lot of money will be wasted on it.
it's not urgent and can wait.we still haven't figured out who is funding boko haram or where they'll strike next.
people need jobs that is why they stood for hours in the May sun,
jojathan reminds me of a magician i saw as a small boy.he tried to make a pigeon disappear but after all his chanting it just stood there looking at him until people started throwing stones.
the magic is not working .
does jonathan have an idea of how to create jobs for our young people?
that is  the number one thing not trying to do magic with birds that won't fly
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by aribisala0(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2011
any further tinkering with the constitution should involve various national groups so we trash out issues of resource control and islam which is becoming more belligerent .
he should have mentioned this in his manifesto .who has he consulted on this ? even if we think 4 years is short why 6 why one term how democratic was any debate (if any) that arrived at this figure .it hasn't even been discussed in the PDP
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Sike(m): 4:18pm On Jul 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Reetarded President
Haba! Dat waz Harsh.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by mbulela: 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2011
“It is not true that four years “is too short” for a President or a Governor to make a difference. The President didn’t get it, and it is important that he does. The period appears too short because many of our elected Governors and Presidents (well, we have had only a few) begin to think of what to do, only when they get to office. They have no blueprint, no clear understanding of what is required, they do not even listen to the people well enough, and the parties that brought them to power have no manifesto, no plan of action, no defined contract with the Nigerian people. Given such background, the complexity of bureaucracy and the enormity of official powers could prove so intimidating that the typical overnight man of power could find himself or herself completely ill-prepared for high office. But this is what we want changed. In states where the Governors are prepared, we have seen so much done in four years.” - Reuben Abati, current spokesman to President Jonathan, wrote and published this statement on May 29, 2011, before his appointment on July 2, 2011.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Akanbiedu(m): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2011
Its a game.

As soon as things start calming down, a new one will be introduced "tenure elongation", " zoning", "muslim or christian" and other things. When the time for another election comes, we will all be too busy to ask about infrastructure, security, economy etc
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by tjide: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2011
First and foremost, JEG was able to ascend the presidency with the support of the ACN. The ACN should also have a share of the blame.

Secondly, I believed the country is faced with so many pressing problems for any body ignore and instead be championing for tenure elongation wich will not put food on the table of the common man, it will not provide quality education for our children, or even shelter for us.

Let the govt instead focus its attention on providing the citizens with dividens of democracy.

That is why we elect them in the first place.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by UpDates1(m): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
the day some of these Office men die eh?? Mehn i go celebrate and nor be small
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2011
But I hope we all know this one will pass shai? cos mehn this GEJ guy sabi spend government money uselessly! And soon after the military would probably come again and slap all of us for making them leave for far lesser doings or lack there of it.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Gbawe: 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2011
DivideUs:

But I hope we all know this one will pass shai? cos mehn this GEJ guy sabi spend government money uselessly! And soon after the military would probably come again and slap all of us for making them leave for far lesser doings or lack there of it.

I don't think even his most loyal supporter can argue with this statement. How many of us have noticed how Jonathan is the President , since 1999, who has single-handedly made the word "profligate" a household one for Nigerians on the net. The guy has no qualms throwing trailer load of our money on highly frivolous endeavors that do nada for ordinary Nigerians. Truly , the champion of AGIPs (any Government in power) is here in the form of "fresh air".
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by abelian: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2011
why do i have a feeling that GEJ is just trying to test-run the resistance level of Nigerians, because I doubt he's serious about this already failed attempt at third term
there will be lots of protests and riots in every part of this country if this bill is passed, i weep for these our greedy politicians, they are just too slow to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors (OBJ)
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by akfrancis1: 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2011
why are we criticizing the bill? we should try and give goodluck jonathan the benefit of the doubt. no politicians in Nigeria today are better than Goodluck. most of the politicians who are criticizing the bill became millions through politic.Tinubu, the leader of the ACN should set agenda for the ACN Controlled states and get rid of area boys in every bustop in Lagos and the omo onile syndrome which are endemic in the southwest region instead of diverting the attention the south western people against the unwholesome reality in the south western region. anyone who is thinking that the ACN has a good agenda for the country should have is head properly examined. What serious opposition have the senators and house of representative given to the ruling party PDP in the house?the southwest may be crying fowl because they lost out in the PDP zoning arrangement. this is the dire consequence of regional politic. you cannot eat your cake and have it. The six year single term will help stabilize the polity and sustain our fragile democracy and social -economic development if the president will not benefit from the bill. we should shun sentiment in criticizing the federal government and stop voting for area boys as senators, representative and party leaders. we should elect the intellectual that will contribute to national development. the earlier we realize this, the better for us all.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ MAN If its easy for things like this to happen at will for a president what's to stop the next one from suggesting somthing else? Is this how we will go on, with no policies always?
And how r u so sure he will not benefit from it? The guy has been known to back out on agreements and if he does decide to run again, who's to stop him, U? Pls get real
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
ak francis:
we should try and give goodluck jonathan the benefit of the doubt. no politicians in Nigeria today are better than Goodluck.
first and foremost, what evidence is the above claim based on?
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2011
There is nothing sensible about this bill. It is useless and should not have seen the light of day. Whoever encouraged the President to continue with this ridiculous bill is an enemy of the President and the President should consider a summary sack of such individuals.

It is time for the President to also question himself if he can trust his own judgement any longer for thinking this ridiculous bill should be sent to NASS in the first place.

I don't know if the NASS has power to send a written warning to the executive for wasting precious legislative time but I think this dumb act by the President deserves such a response as well as summarily throwing out the bill without delay.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2011
Yes, the president, not the Nigerian people, is the [b]VICTIM [/b]in all of this! Despite we have reports of him, the president, discussing this back in November, with Bakare, he is definitely the VICTIM in all of this. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by wesley80(m): 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
You guys r just being overly cynical. I'm yet to read any real constructive criticism so far and its unfortunate that none of you is willing to consider the flip side of something you've expended so much energy criticizing. The bill has got merits and demerits and if all you guys see are the demerits, then its most unfortunate.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by okadaman2: 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2011
wesley80:

You guys r just being overly cynical.[b] I'm yet to read any real constructive criticism so far [/b]

That is probably because you are very DULL.

Or maybe because your family get contract from GEJ.

and its unfortunate that none of you is willing to consider the flip side of something you've expended so much energy criticizing. The bill has got merits and demerits and if all you guys see are the demerits, then its most unfortunate.

Are you posting from WADATA house?

Abi na Aso Rock?
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2011
wesley80:

You guys r just being overly cynical. I'm yet to read any real constructive criticism so far and its unfortunate that none of you is willing to consider the flip side of something you've expended so much energy criticizing. The bill has got merits and demerits and if all you guys see are the demerits, then its most unfortunate.

What are the merits of the bill?

Tell me whether the aspects of the bill you consider merits could not have been introduced as separate individual bills?

Did we learn anything at all from the failure of third term? 3rd term died with so many beautiful ideas and I believe if there was anything honest about this bill, the President would have introduced the sensible aspects of the bill on their own without this ridiculous tenure elongation.

And just before you expend energy defending this bill realise that the President is already denying ownership of his own bill.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by wesley80(m): 8:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Mikeansy,

The bill is about tenure elongation and the benefits are inherent in the elongation itself so i do not know what u mean by separating the components.
I'm sure if u try u'll recognise a few merits of the bill but if u still cant see any, then its obvious u do not want to.
Gej didnt deny the bill, but only said the idea wasnt originally his as it arose from a stakeholders meeting a couple of years ago. Moreover he said he'lld definitely consult widely before presenting the bill to the National Assembly.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2011
wesley80:

@Mikeansy,

The bill is about tenure elongation and the benefits are inherent in the elongation itself so i do not know what u mean by separating the components.
I'm sure if u try u'll recognise a few merits of the bill but if u still cant see any, then its obvious u do not want to.
Gej didnt deny the bill, but only said the idea wasnt originally his as it arose from a stakeholders meeting a couple of years ago. Moreover he said he'lld definitely consult widely before presenting the bill to the National Assembly.

Ok list the benefits of the bill.

I see it as a senseless bill, tell me which aspect you consider helpful?
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ pls pls pls
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by blacksta(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2011
The bill might have its merits but the truth is that the Nigerian system is not ready for such change.   wSo many underlying factors require correction.  Any term elongation will require checks and balance.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by jmaine: 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
blacksta:

The bill might have its merits but the truth is that the Nigerian system is not ready for such change.   wSo many underlying factors require correction.  Any term elongation will require checks and balance.  

Blacksta nailed a salient point . . . in addition to the point above . . .the main issue is trust . . .moreso when politicians are demanding for that trust . . . . We really have a deep seated challenged in the trust department in this country . .and you can't blame anyone for lacking that . . .  . . .
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by POTUT(m): 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
GEJ's single-tenure plan is not wrong! Some of the initially reported details could actually be better polished. For instance, why six years? Why not stay at four years?

However, Nigerians have been treated to a plethora of deceptions by their leaders in the past and are currently a nation of cynics and mistrustful people.

As usual, the so-called opposition in Nigeria have nothing to offer but name-calling and bad blood. Ideological engagement is something they do not understand.

Still, this is a democracy and ideas are free to flow, not blow.
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by aribisala0(m): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2011
the plan is not only wrong it showcases a foolish man at work.
we are talking about a change to the constitution affecting governors as well as the president .
so did he consult anyone?
what is important is not whether it's 4 years or 6 but what do the people want. he obviously had this in mind before the election because he talked about how short the tenure is. why did he not say he would seek to change the constitution then.
did he check what people want or feel,the general mood of the country or the likelihood of success?
this has never been discussed inside the PDP. we need ideas that tackle our immediate problems not divisive or controversial stunts.
this guy is not a leader and very obviously does not understand nigeria .
Re: Jonathan's Single-tenure Proposal Fraudulent, Self-serving . ACN. by zikclassiq(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
Abeg, they should learn how to make constructive criticisms or shut up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal; Why We Must Not Remain Silent / Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position / PDP Captures Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.