Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis (339 Views)

Running Mate: APC, Tinubu Limits Search To Borno, Kano, Kaduna / Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai / NORTHERN APC Senator Demands N100m To Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis by Ayamsaint: 7:27am On Jul 12, 2022
Adamawa senator, Elisha Abbo, has withdrawn from the Bola Tinubu Presidential Campaign Organisation over the decision of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to pick a Muslim as his running mate.

Mr Tinubu had on Sunday in Daura, Katsina State, announced Kashim Shettima, a Muslim and former Borno State governor, as his running mate.

In a statement later, he explained that he listened to arguments from both faiths, but that he settled for the former Borno governor based on competence.

Mr Abbo, in a statement on Monday, described the choice of Mr Shettima, as "irresponsible", noting that he cannot in good conscience campaign for the former Lagos State governor.

Mr Abbo said the APC presidential candidate discarded a report submitted to him on a possible Christian running mate.
The lawmaker, who is infamous for assaulting a woman in a toy shop, said Mr Tinubu prioritised political survival over stability and peace of the country.

"It is very irresponsible of Tinubu to take his political survival over the stability and peace of Nigeria.

"For Tinubu now to be given the ticket and turn around to do what he couldn't achieve in 2015 despite opposition from Catholics and other Christian leaders is extremely irresponsible.

"We sat down in Abuja and strategised, and we concluded that he should not take a Muslim as running mate. He (Tinubu) threw away the report," he said.
Mr Abbo added that as a member of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), he is of the opinion that a government of same faith is “illegitimate”.

"My conscience will not allow me to campaign for Tinubu. I am a member of CAN; I cannot deny CAN. I remain in APC. But I will take the survival of my country first over political considerations.

"We cannot work for such a man. I will oppose Christian-Christian ticket because I am invested in the stability of this country. A Christian Christian ticket will be insensitive to Muslims of this country. The country is evenly divided among Muslims and Christians. So any government that is Muslim-Muslim will be illegitimate and will never gain the respect of Christians."

1 Share

Re: It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis by Jagabanofafrica: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2022
That is the best for ASIWAJU
Re: It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis by Viscuz: 7:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Party of terrorists and drug dealers

Re: It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis by onez: 7:36am On Jul 12, 2022
APC having divided and wreck this country wants to further divide it with a Muslim-Muslim ticket. I wonder which country they plan to rule after 2023. Buhari wrong choices of excluding some people made the country practically impossible to rule. APC is more interested in power than in salvaging the country. Stay Woke, Stay OBIdient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis by Truthisunique2: 7:38am On Jul 12, 2022
grin christians go kill this man Las Las

They won't wait till election time, Na repel he go dey do which he can never survive because APC incompetence have also finished Nigerians

Ask Nigeria army who employ repel as tactics against terrorists who is winning

How do you now sell propaganda when nobody sitdown to listen
Re: It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis by Yorubalandlord(m): 7:39am On Jul 12, 2022
Okay
Re: It's 'irresponsible' Of Tinubu To Pick A Muslim Running Mate'- APC Senator, Elis by Truthisunique2: 7:47am On Jul 12, 2022
Many Northerners in APC would dump APC in the coming days on two excuses

(1). The insensitivity of its ticket to unite the country at this time

(2). To End the marginalisation of North East

All Na to support North which also have Muslim interest protected

(1) (Reply)

Video Showing State Of A Primary Health Center In Obereagu Community Of Enugu St / BREAKING: Kwankwaso Unveils Popular Pastor As Running Mate / 2023: Kanayo O Kanayo Advises Nigerians To Come Out And Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.