Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Advice On What To Plant In July - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advice On What To Plant In July (1650 Views)

FG Commissions 450 Metric Tons Cassava Processing Plant In Rivers / Ondo Government To Build N42bn Egg Powder Plant In Owo / How to Plant Plantain Suckers In Dry Season Without Irrigation System 100% Yield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On What To Plant In July by 2ru9jaman: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2022
Fellow farmers on this noble forum, kindly give me advice on what to plant on a full plot of land . I just finished culivating plot of land.

Short time crops
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Akinola100: 12:36am On Jul 13, 2022
Plant crops that grow and produce within 3 months.
Maize.
Vegetables
Watermelon
Cucumber
Okra.
Tomato
Peppers
Banana/Plantain
Onion
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Rossycares(f): 5:50am On Jul 14, 2022
Can banana or plantain grow within d space of 3months?
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by haryodehjia(m): 7:43am On Jul 14, 2022
Sweet potato... Will be on a high demand the coming year as it is used as potato flour due to high cost of yam
Groundnut
Beans/soya
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Stephenmoka4(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
Rossycares:
Can banana or plantain grow within d space of 3months?
If you meant the spurting, yes. Harvesting no.
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Maryam1234(f): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
Just wait till August and plant Beans kiss
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Maryam1234(f): 8:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
2ru9jaman:
Fellow farmers on this noble forum, kindly give me advice on what to plant on a full plot of land . I just finished culivating plot of land.

Short time crops
Where is your location because,the weather condition across the country differs, like I said earlier if you're in the North,be patient till August and plant Beans.There's no crop you can plant that will grow to maturity in less than a month before the beans planting season begins in earnest.
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Johnnonye(m): 3:03am On Jul 16, 2022
I disagree with you on the banana/plantain
Akinola100:
Plant crops that grow and produce within 3 months.
Maize.
Vegetables
Watermelon
Cucumber
Okra.
Tomato
Peppers
Banana/Plantain
Onion
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Maryam1234(f): 7:15am On Jul 16, 2022
Johnnonye:
Even the watermelon is not possible again.We need the service of crop production expert at times as a new farmer.You can't go wrong with their services most especially the one's that know their Onion.
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by AkogunVentures: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2022
Welcome to Akogun ventures

We have alot of cheap and Legit land For sale with the right documents..

Around. Ifo ogun state just 45 minutes drive from lagos…

Lands for :-building of schools, Farmland, Agriculture purpose, or a personal building ..

We also have. Land with mini river flow for fishih farmers and pond building.

call or watzapp
0705 397 5150
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Johnnonye(m): 10:09am On Jul 17, 2022
I concur with you
Maryam1234:

Even the watermelon is not possible again.We need the service of crop production expert at times as a new farmer.You can't go wrong with their services most especially the one's that know their Onion.

1 Like

Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Akinola100: 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2022
Johnnonye:
Why?
Banana/ Plantain have pseudostem that produces shallow roots. It will be better if planted now when the rains are still falling. This herb grows vegetatively for 4 months and fruits for 2 months
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Johnnonye(m): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2022
I disagree because 3 month is not realistic.
Akinola100:

Why?
Banana/ Plantain have pseudostem that produces shallow roots. It will be better if planted now when the rains are still falling. This herb grows vegetatively for 4 months and fruits for 2 months
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Akinola100: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
Johnnonye:
I disagree because 3 month is not realistic.
I've changed it, it takes 6-8 months for banana to grow from sucker to fruiting stage
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Johnnonye(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
Thumbs up
Akinola100:

I've changed it, it takes 6-8 months for banana to grow from sucker to fruiting stage

1 Like

Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by enyi1: 11:13pm On Jul 19, 2022
haryodehjia:
Sweet potato... Will be on a high demand the coming year as it is used as potato flour due to high cost of yam
Groundnut
Beans/soya
What is the shelf life of sweet potatoes. I am considering cultivating 5hectares
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by enyi1: 11:16pm On Jul 19, 2022
Maryam1234:

Where is your location because,the weather condition across the country differs, like I said earlier if you're in the North,be patient till August and plant Beans.There's no crop you can plant that will grow to maturity in less than a month before the beans planting season begins in earnest.
I am in SE, and I am considering cultivating cocoyam and onions on 5hectares. Please can you advise me on best crop easy to cultivate with a high return on investment. Thanks.
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by austin4real(m): 7:45am On Jul 20, 2022
2ru9jaman:

Short time crops
You can’t go wrong with sweet potatoes.. contact me for Vine cuttings. I can supply to any location. Check my profile for more details
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by austin4real(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2022
enyi1:

What is the shelf life of sweet potatoes. I am considering cultivating 5hectares
If you can effectively cure your sweet potatoes, it would last between 5-8 months. Non cured sweet potatoes can last between 1-2 months depending on condition of storage

1 Like

Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by haryodehjia(m): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2022
enyi1:

2 to 3 weeks under normal room temperature but can last at 2 to 3 months if stored in a refrigerator..

What should be the best option is harvest when you are in need of it

1 Like

Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by enyi1: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2022
haryodehjia:

2 to 3 weeks under normal room temperature but can last at 2 to 3 months if stored in a refrigerator..

Thank you sir
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by austin4real(m): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2022
haryodehjia:

Do not, I repeat, do not store sweet potatoes in the refrigerator. They do best in a cool dry dark and dry environment.
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by Maryam1234(f): 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2022
enyi1:

I am in SE, and I am considering cultivating cocoyam and onions on 5hectares. Please can you advise me on best crop easy to cultivate with a high return on investment. Thanks.
Please chat me on WhatsApp at your convinient time sir.
Re: Advice On What To Plant In July by IAmHim1: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
Goodday sir. I sent you an email. It's concerning a very important topic I really need your experience on for my final year project
2ru9jaman:

Short time crops

(1) (Reply)

I Was Scammed / Agricultural Insurance / NPK mobile Soil Testers Available (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.