Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious (24209 Views)

Kogi Guber Election: APC Mocks Adeleke Over Dino Melaye’s Defeat / Presidential Tribunal: APC Mocks Atiku On Twitter (Photos) / APC Mocks Saraki Over Crashed Presidential Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Latestreport1: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2022
The APC says the opposition party went to the make-believe industry to fetch a deputy.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos has reacted to the nomination of popular actress, Funke Akindele as the running mate to Dr. Abdulaziz Olajide Adediran aka Jandor, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos.

In a statement on Tuesday, July 12, 2022, the party’s spokesperson, Seye Oladejo said the choice of Akindele as a deputy governorship candidate “underscores the unseriousness of Lagos state PDP.”

Oladejo said the opposition party did not only present a former APC member as its governorship candidate but also “went to the make-believe industry to fetch a deputy.”

He said, “This amounts to trivializing the importance of the forthcoming gubernatorial elections by giving political neophytes who have absolutely nothing to bring to the table their electoral tickets.

“It also shows lack of depth in the party as regards quality members to put forward for elections if they could give a member who crossed-carpeted a few days before their primaries the governorship ticket and now went to the make-believe industry to fetch a deputy.

“The reason for voters’ apathy is, undoubtedly, due to lack of credible alternatives by the moribund opposition party.

“I was amused to read that the deputy governorship candidate said she was suspending her acting career for the elections whose result is highly predictable. I guess she’s suspending a lot more because she has been in the news of recent for all the wrong reasons.

“Lagosians will certainly not allow governance to be turned to a needless experiment or a sitcom. Governance is serious business not a circus”.

He, however, congratulated Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat in advance of the 2023 governorship election.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/2023-apc-mocks-funke-akindeles-nomination-says-pdp-is-unserious/3tjeqwm?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Xscape1993(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2022
Evil party.... instead of Nigerians mocking and mimicking the evil party for their lies, fake promises, killings, kidnappings, terrorisms, arm robberings, strikes and other problems that they are responsible for. This life ooo.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by LoneWolf212: 8:40am On Jul 13, 2022
Werey party

9 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Hoelujohn: 8:46am On Jul 13, 2022
And they have Desmond Elliot contesting under their party. I guess they are somehow jittery

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Romanoff(f): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2022
Na wa.

I like Funke Akindele and I wish the lagos PDP had done their work earlier than this.

If Funke had shown interest in politics prior to this time, this wouldn't have raised any eye brow.

In the name of trying to get votes from the youths, they think making a celebrity appear on their ticket out of the blue would be the answer.

Wrong.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by inoki247: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2022
We know say Lagos PDP neva ready to tak over with this dere joke....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Brendaniel: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2022
If they were really unserious as APC claims, they will not have their time to be writing all this long speech...

12 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Melodydoctor: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2022
APC should face their own life and leave our aunty alone. She could be some people's crush o. APC should thread carefully.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by another1: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2022
But lagos apc the lady is a lawyer and even more qualified than your presidential candidate.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Decentdave(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2022
Seriously PDP is unserious..picking a Lady who just kicked her husband out of her house ... Something wey still dey people mind.
Well PDP na no go area for Lagos state..so no problem..PDP think say politics na movie grin Oya na let's go

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Danielbrave08(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2022
Davido reveals 2 secret that made him famous and Rich. No 2 will make you love him.�

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4uVJqp_V8
Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Sonnobax15(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2022
grin
In as much as I don't wanna be shooking my mouth for politics matter again..But I must really say I support the APC on this one......

Lagos PDP just too dey unserious...To think that Madam Jenifa can fit into politics like in nollywood should be considered as the latest comedy show.....Lagosians,una die there grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Onyi22(f): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2022
cheesy
Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Seniorwriter(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2022
SMH @the present political leaders(APC) and their followers.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by kissdreyalltime: 8:48am On Jul 13, 2022
Dem no serious at all

3 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Vyzz: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2022
cool

Ọmo today is my birthday ooo..

As nobody remember to wish me make I wish myself

More Grace

More money

Long life

Health

Prosperity

True love

Unmerited grace

Let the gates of wealth, Goodness , ideas, inspirations open and all may all these flow through me.
And finally Peter Obi as Nigeria president to me..

Lord God this I ask as birthday gift Amen oo

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Izecson3D(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2022
menoy98795:
Hfg
Lol, u dey do VIP subscription, why not borrow money from CBN and stake your VIP or give your family people to stake and get rich? Abi una no dey like get money for una family?

1 Like

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Johel(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Tonitoniton(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2022
Very unserious indeed.

That guy must be a junky

He just blew pdp chance in lagos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Antoeni(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2022
Naso all of una don see Nigeria finish, una wan turn dis country to comedy zone, is this how PDP intend to end Tinubu’s dynasty in Lagos, I’ve never seen a party that is highly unserious like PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2022
Campaign poster be like husband and wife photo gallery picture... Useless Opposition

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2022
These people are scared. An upset could happen you know... cheesy
Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Esama: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2022
It so sad that pdp can't behave like opposition.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by QualityShare: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2022
Lagos PDP is truly useless and not serious.

Anyways, let's vote. Who are you voting for in Lagos?

Like for APC
Share for Labour Party

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by allanphash7(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2022
Both of you are unserious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2022
Other parties come to Lagos just to show face every four years... grin fulfilling all righteous without anything meaning APC all the way

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Congratulates President Muhammadu Buhari On His Re-Election Victory / North Will Not Cede Power To South In 2023 — Arewa Youth Consultative Forum / Perfect Transition: Tinubu Knows Buhari Allowed Him Win The 2023 Election- Garba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.