Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,269 members, 7,829,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? (3869 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Directing Traffic On Lagos Island (Photos) / Paul Adefarasin Shares Christmas Gifts To The Less Privileged (Photos) / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Shows Off His Toned Physique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by martin007(m): 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2007
Hey guys, i think this is great news for Nigeria, that a Nigerian Pastor would play the role of God, in The translation of the bible, its gonna be "Today's New International Version of the Bible, published by Zondervan. Personally i like Pastor Paul Adefarasin to a fault, he is such a great speaker and a true man of God. there are also famous people reading other chapters of the Bible
John Salley, retired NBA player, talk-show host: Aaron

•Bill Bellamy: Absalom

•Jim Brown, ex-NFL star: Nebuchadnezzar

•Nick Cannon, actor: Adam

•Angela Bassett, actress: Esther

•Cedric the Entertainer: Lot

•Cuba Gooding Jr., actor: Jonah

•Meagan Good, actress: Eve

•Robert Guillaume, actor: Noah

•Dule Hill, actor: Jonathon

•Mandisa Hundley, American Idol: Psalm 68

•Bishop T.D. Jakes, author and pastor of The Potter's House, Dallas: Abraham

•Eartha Kitt, actress: The Serpent

•LL Cool J, rapper: Samson

•Sinbad, entertainer: Angel

•Vanessa Williams, actress: Delilah

•Forest Whitaker, Oscar winner: Moses

•Chandra Wilson, actress: Psalm 138

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2007-07-09-bible-recording_n.htm
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2007
martin007:

The translation of the bible, its going to be "Today's New International Version of the Bible, published by Zondervan.

Is that not rather an AUDIO production of selected passages of the Bible?

Anyhow, there's already a Bible version called [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john%201.1&version=72]Today's New International Version[/url] which one could even access online.

Great that a Nigerian could be given that role in the production, though. wink
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by martin007(m): 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2007
Yes, it is an audio production, am so sorry i did not state it at first!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the correction
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by zigbo(f): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2007
awesome!!!
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by lovemajek(f): 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ poster
always look before you jump.
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by zigbo(f): 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2007
lovemajek:

@ poster
always look before you jump.

watchyu talking about he dint say it was video either,he jst didnt address wat sorta production it was goin to be. so take a chill pill man undecided
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 2:03am On Aug 14, 2007
martin007:

Yes, it is an audio production, am so sorry i did not state it at first!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the correction

Lol. . . you didn't need to apologise: it was just a little oversight we all can make. Cheers. wink
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by TayoD(m): 4:38am On Aug 14, 2007
@topic,

And who is playing the role of the Holy Spirit? Let me guess: Oyhakhilome? grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by gbadex1(m): 9:53am On Aug 14, 2007
No offence TayoD, but this is beginning to look like personality bashing. It's like u got some beef with this dude Oyakhilomeh. It's one thing to try setting things straight about another brother, it's another to just slur his persona. That there was uncalled for dawg, truly unnecessary. . .
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by TayoD(m): 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2007
@gbade.x,

I didn't mean to bash Oyahks. That was meant as a joke! Lighten up a bit. When I criticise someone, I provide reasons for my criticisms. I gain ntohing from slurring him or any other. Bottom line, that was just a joke.
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by TayoD(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2007
@gbade.x,

Now let me find 'characters' in the Bible that befit other MOG and otherwise that we know today.

Elijah - Tunde Bakare

Apostle John - Adeboye

Apostle Peter - Chris Okotie

Barjesus - T.B. Joshua

Judas Iscariot - Bishop Obembe

Apostle Paul - TV01

You happy now?!
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by gbadex1(m): 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2007
LMAO @ Barjesus=T.B joshua cheesy cheesy cheesy!!! Now that was funny! cheesy

Aight playa, i get u now. . .but i'd have loved Adeboye to be Moses, cheesy
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by gbadex1(m): 12:01am On Aug 15, 2007
LMAO @ Barjesus=T.B joshua cheesy cheesy cheesy!!! Now that was funny! cheesy

Aight playa, i get u now. . .but i'd have loved Adeboye to be Moses, cheesy
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 12:03am On Aug 15, 2007
Em. . . try Gbile Akanni - Elisha! cheesy
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 12:04am On Aug 15, 2007
In retrospect, where we go fit the character known as "Reverend King"? lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by gbadex1(m): 1:22am On Aug 15, 2007
Omg!! cheesy Reverend King?! cheesy

Ok people let me think! tongue Let the G-man think fer Christ's sake! tongue

Reverend King. . . . . . . . . Ogbakiri alias biko nyem ego cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

or better still

Reverend King as Barjesus(?)

and not to forget. . . .

gbade as playa pimpin' omo ma somo a.k.a fimi le jo! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Reverend King. . . . . . .
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by gbadex1(m): 1:28am On Aug 15, 2007
Omg!! cheesy Reverend King?! cheesy

Ok people let me think! tongue Let the G-man think fer Christ's sake! tongue

Reverend King. . . . . . . . . Ogbakiri alias biko nyem ego cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

or better still

Reverend King as Barjesus(?)

and not to forget. . . .

gbade as playa pimpin' omo ma somo a.k.a fimi le jo! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Reverend King. . . . . . .
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 3:12am On Aug 15, 2007
Let's do a re-cast for the next few pages. cheesy

Here's my list:

Gbade. x -- Laban tongue

TayoD -- Jacob

Somze -- Noah cheesy

Enitan2002 -- Solomon tongue

Seun -- Moses (with his 25 commandments) grin

. . . any more ideas? Lol. grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by gbadex1(m): 4:45am On Aug 15, 2007
ummm. . . .i hope y'all don't see anything wrong with a 'Laban' who raps. . .lol cheesy

emm let me see. . .

babs787 as Paul!! cheesy

I know davidylan/PTH would especially love the part where Jesus was trashin' 'em hustlers and moneychangers in the Temple! cheesy "Fall in line you tool!" cheesy cheesy

babyosisi as Deborah

mrpataks as Samson. I hope say u get chest sha cheesy

TV01 as Samuel

Reverend as Cinderella. Good ol' Rev has always dreamt of being the drag queencheesy. . . .
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by martin007(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2007
Lets try and give our former president a role now haba!!!!!!!!! he has a good voice too nah, atleast all those coughing would make it real funny, i dont need to mention the name of the president oh!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 3:23am On Aug 16, 2007
Lol, we were actually thinking of a suitable role for him. But he seems to be a man of multiple persoanalities - and maybe that's why even you could not name the particular 'president' his latest stunt was the august visit to RCCG pulpit! grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by martin007(m): 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Lol, we were actually thinking of a suitable role for him. But he seems to be a man of multiple persoanalities - and maybe that's why even you could not name the particular 'president' his latest stunt was the august visit to RCCG pulpit! grin

I dont know what you are talking about oh!!!!!!!!!!! grin I sha know, i kinda have someone in mind, lol
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2007
martin007:

I don't know what you are talking about oh!!!!!!!!!!! grin I sha know, i kind of have someone in mind, lol

Hehe. . it's a mystery!

Roll out your cast naw!! grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by martin007(m): 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Hehe. . it's a mystery!

Roll out your cast naw!! grin

Its a mystery indeed!!, why dont you just come out straight, Nuttin dey happen!!!!
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2007
martin007:

Its a mystery indeed!!, why don't you just come out straight, Nuttin dey happen!!!!

Lol. . . haba! I've tendered my cast crew above for review, abi? cheesy

Okay, make I add some more:

gbade. x = Jonah! tongue

mrpataks = Samson (remember the hair saga?) grin

ebos = Aaron

enitan2002 = Sanballat! grin

Lol. . . I still have vacancy for the following:

?? = Herod

?? = Agrippa

?? = Goliath

etc.

So now, at least you can offer some fillers! grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by martin007(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2007
pilgrim.1: I see, who do you think should be Judas Iscariot?, i Have so many Candidates for that position, but i wanna know your own mind? grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by TayoD(m): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2007
@martin007,

pilgrim.1: I see, who do you think should be Judas Iscariot?, i Have so many Candidates for that position, but i want to know your own mind?
i already filled that position with bishop obembe. Remember the Benny Hinn crusade and the subsequent investigation by the PFN inot the treasury?
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by TayoD(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2007
@pilgrim.1,

Pray tell, why liken me to Jacob? What do you see? Can we give reasons why we attach diferent characters to the people we pick?
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2007
Oh my goodness!! cheesy

martin007:

pilgrim.1: I see, who do you think should be Judas Iscariot?, i Have so many Candidates for that position, but i want to know your own mind? grin

Hehe. . please submit your list offscreen. That way, we can both agree on some serious plot! grin Incidentally, the guy I had in mind just greeted you above!

- - - - - - -

TayoD:

@pilgrim.1,

Pray tell, why liken me to Jacob? What do you see? Can we give reasons why we attach diferent characters to the people we pick?

Well, you've got the personae. . . you know just when to show up dramatically. . . you ask serious questions (even though the voice was Esau's) . . . and the testimony between you and Bishop Obembe shows unarguably that you know how to tif another man's birthright! grin

However, I'm thinking of another role for you. . . because someone informed me that the lack of four fighting women around you simply disqualifies you! I argued, they unanimously voted you out (some shouted me to shut up, because they don't see you womanizing!!) undecided

Seeing that they had very strong arguments to disqualify you for that role, they suggested instead that you audition for apostle John in Patmos! grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by TayoD(m): 7:26pm On Aug 16, 2007
@pilgrim.1,

kai! Na me you describe so!

I am still trying to figure out a role for you. Perhaps Eve will be a good character - You don't know when to shut up sometimes!!!! grin
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by pilgrim1(f): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2007
TayoD:

@pilgrim.1,

kai! Na me you describe so!

No be my fault - afterall, shébi I argue on your behalf? grin

TayoD:

I am still trying to figure out a role for you. Perhaps Eve will be a good character - You don't know when to shut up sometimes!!!! grin

Aaahhhhh!! This bobo don finish me patapata! I'm going into the cooler for now. . . I don't know why Adam is staring at me like say na jus now he see me! grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Paul Adefarasin "god"? by TayoD(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2007
@pilgrim.1,

Why hin no go look you one kain? E no sure whether na e-snake you they talk to again.

I assume he must have put you on diet as well. He can't be too careful anymore. You once ate him out of a home!!! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bible Says Marrying A Divorcee Is A Sin / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Has Been Married Off To Mohammed By Allah! / The Aim Of The Noah's Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.