Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here (413 Views)

Programming Gurus I Need Help / IT Gurus Here Pls Help Me Answer This Question / Easyphp Devserver Gurus Get In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by WhiteAngels001(m): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good afternoon geniuses,
Is it possible to create an app where as the creator, I'll upload videos worth 40gb+ and then users can log in with a unique pass code to access the videos, BUT the videos shouldn't need internet to stream in-app, internet should only be used to log in but streaming the videos shouldn't require data. How possible is this?

If it's not possible, can you suggest an idea of how to go about having an app with mega-sized videos where people don't need to spend tons of data to download or stream as long as they're watching it from the app.

Thank you
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by Runningwater(m): 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
To my knowledge as of July 13 2022 I think it's impossible but you know, nothing is possible if the will power is there.

But to say if I got you right you're trying to make your video accessible to viewers at cheap cost??
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by Runningwater(m): 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2022
But the easy way to solve this problem for your viewers if I understand your problem statement is to pay for the data transmission of your users like setting up data stations around your target users to use your service for free
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by WhiteAngels001(m): 5:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
Runningwater:
To my knowledge as of July 13 2022 I think it's impossible but you know, nothing is possible if the will power is there.

But to say if I got you right you're trying to make your video accessible to viewers at cheap cost??
More like I want my users to be able to watch the videos I upload without having to spend their data
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by Chukwujapheth: 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2022
WhiteAngels001:
Good afternoon geniuses,
Is it possible to create an app where as the creator, I'll upload videos worth 40gb+ and then users can log in with a unique pass code to access the videos, BUT the videos shouldn't need internet to stream in-app, internet should only be used to log in but streaming the videos shouldn't require data. How possible is this?

If it's not possible, can you suggest an idea of how to go about having an app with mega-sized videos where people don't need to spend tons of data to download or stream as long as they're watching it from the app.

Thank you

This is only possible if the app is downloaded containing all the videos thus we are looking at a 40g+ sized app so in short it is almost not possible.

the videos has to be saved somewhere either on a local database on the device or a local or cloud database somewhere else which would need a connection over the Internet.

Nice thoughts tho
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by WhiteAngels001(m): 5:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chukwujapheth:

This is only possible if the app is downloaded containing all the videos thus we are looking at a 40g+ sized app so in short it is almost not possible.

the videos has to be saved somewhere either on a local database on the device or a local or cloud database somewhere else which would need a connection over the Internet.

Nice thoughts tho
Okay thanks for your input. I really appreciate
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by chukwuebuka65(m): 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2022
WhiteAngels001:
Good afternoon geniuses,

Thank you

Lol, this guy . The data you are buying from network providers is just a service, which is connecting your device to the internet ( a group of thousands of computer connected together that can talk to each other) which require a lot of resources both hardwares and softwares that cost billions. Nobody is going to provide you such service free of charge. Unless you are going to be paying for the service on behalf of your users. So for now, it’s not possible
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by Deicide: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
There are so many solutions but all of them is probably not what you wanna hear.

1. It's possible if you can talk to them network providers. Good luck with making your site freely accessible.

2. Connect all user to the same network that way they can access the content freely, when I say connect all users I mean locally.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by WhiteAngels001(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Lol, this guy . The data you are buying from network providers is just a service, which is connecting your device to the internet ( a group of thousands of computer connected together that can talk to each other) which require a lot of resources both hardwares and softwares that cost billions. Nobody is going to provide you such service free of charge. Unless you are going to be paying for the service on behalf of your users. So for now, it’s not possible
Okay I think I understand better now, thanks for your input
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Pressing Question. Programming Gurus Get In Here by WhiteAngels001(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2022
Deicide:
There are so many solutions but all of them is probably not what you wanna hear.

1. It's possible if you can talk to them network providers. Good luck with making your site freely accessible.

2. Connect all user to the same network that way they can access the content freely, when I say connect all users I mean locally.
I get the point now, thanks for your input

(1) (Reply)

My Wordpress Website Has Issuess / Impact Of Web Design On The Content Marketing Strategies! / Programming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.