Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Too Much Rejection Mails - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Too Much Rejection Mails (627 Views)

How Do Access mails on Yahoo Groups / Getting Deleted Yahoo Mails/attachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Much Rejection Mails by DDayve: 5:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
Good day senior programmers in the house,
Please I seek your opinion. The extent of rejection mails I get is just too much. I don't know what is wrong, even at positions I feel I tick all the boxes. Kindly, advice.
I have a copy of my resume attached.
Thanks in anticipation

Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by parkervero(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
DDayve:
Please I seek your opinion. The extent of rejection mails I get is just too much. I don't know what is wrong, even at positions I feel I tick all the boxes. Kindly, advice.
Thanks in anticipation

How many applications have you sent out? Up to 700? 400? 200? 100?

There is no need to give up on your goal.
My advice to you is get a job that will help pay bill while you are learning and applying to job. That's what I do. My own case is impostor syndrome

Another thing is join the right channel, groups, subreddit, and quora for help. There might be some stuff to change in resume/CV.

3 Likes

Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by parkervero(m): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2022
DDayve:
Thanks in anticipation

I went through your CV and I must say it will fail ATS test. Horrible format. Adding color is of no need. Your CV is 2pages make it 1page. You will need to remake your CV ground up.

3 Likes

Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by parkervero(m): 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2022
DDayve:
Thanks in anticipation

These samples aren't the best but will succeed 70%

https://postimg.cc/BjTwfDg8

https://postimg.cc/JDfbhY7R

https://postimg.cc/HJKMSvyb

https://postimg.cc/K4tTNNvg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by parkervero(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
Hope you will come back to give testimony
Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by DDayve: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
Lol rejection mails and you don dey cry. I get at least 10 rejection mails every morning when I wake up. You have to get used to rejection. You are a man for God's sake. Remove the date you graduated from your CV. It's easy to guess your age that way.

Add some experience apart from the freelancer job. White people will question this gaps so you didn't do anything from 2012 when you graduated till 2020 also apply to jobs in Nigeria and other poorer western countries. Dont limit your search to places like USA or UK especially as you have no experience.

5 Likes

Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by DDayve: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Lol rejection mails and you don dey cry. I get at least 10 rejection mails every morning when I wake up. You have to get used to rejection. You are a man for God's sake. Remove the date you graduated from your CV. It's easy to guess your age that way.

Add some experience apart from the freelancer job. White people will question this gaps so you didn't do anything from 2012 when you graduated till 2020 also apply to jobs in Nigeria and other poorer western countries. Dont limit your search to places like USA or UK especially as you have no experience.
Actually,I presently work as a Mechanical Engineer. Just don't want to add irrelevant experience.
Thanks boss, I get the message
Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
DDayve:

Actually,I presently work as a Mechanical Engineer. Just don't want to add irrelevant experience.
Thanks boss, I get the message

Add your mechanical engineering experience but why the switch though. You would probably have at least 8 years of experience as a mechanical engineer and you have a good GPA. Why do you wanna move into tech instead of advancing as an engineer.
Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by DDayve: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Add your mechanical engineering experience but why the switch though. You would probably have at least 8 years of experience as a mechanical engineer and you have a good GPA. Why do you wanna move into tech instead of advancing as an engineer.

Mechanical Engineer in a Refrigeration and air-conditioning company. Also, in a private sector. The growth is limited. Moreover, refrigeration and air-conditioning is not high selling in Nigeria.
Secondly, I learnt about tech, ventured in it and began loving it. If you have the first opportunity, it's easier to establish in tech than any other field. That's my opinion though.

Would yield your advice above, thanks.
Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2022
DDayve:

Mechanical Engineer in a Refrigeration and air-conditioning company. Also, in a private sector. The growth is limited. Moreover, refrigeration and air-conditioning is not high selling in Nigeria.
Secondly, I learnt about tech, ventured in it and began loving it. If you have the first opportunity, it's easier to establish in tech than any other field. That's my opinion though.

Would yield your advice above, thanks.

Thats good. I think you need to really refine the UI of your projects. You should try and link up with that guy that posts nicely designed projects and let him give you tips on how to make everything look much better. The rejection is normal you just need to keep applying.
Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by DDayve: 6:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Thats good. I think you need to really refine the UI of your projects. You should try and link up with that guy that posts nicely designed projects and let him give you tips on how to make everything look much better. The rejection is normal you just need to keep applying.

Noted boss.
Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by jesmond3945: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2022
DDayve:

Noted boss.
you have experience. I would say link your projects to the actual companies and the achievements your app did for them. Your rejection is not your fault. There is a lot of bias and competition in the market. You can use other job boards to apply.

3 Likes

Re: Too Much Rejection Mails by Dizzyyish: 11:24pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

My Web Diary (mern App) / What Exactly Do Modifier Types In C++ Do? More Emphasis On Integer Modifiers / What Should I Do "Hear Me Out"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.