Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad (11050 Views)

Deeper Life High School Tops Africa Category At World Robot Olympiad / Nigerian Science Olympiad Competition Past Questions And Online Assessment / Nigerian Students Shine At World Robot Olympiad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by ektbear: 1:56am On Jul 29, 2011
I think you can send an email to my YIM username (on my profile) @ yahoo.com

You should probably post here when you do send that email, otherwise I won't see it (I don't check that email account very often)
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by topup: 3:36am On Jul 29, 2011
Yey! Now please cure cancer, so we can be even more proud!
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by member479760: 11:31am On Jul 29, 2011
Thats good, keep it up new generation! those boys again, its in their blood.
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by lekside44(m): 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2011
expecting the first nobel winner in physics from nigeria
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by Ystranger: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

IMO (international mathematics olympiad)? What is the process like in Nigeria? How do they select the team?

Also, have you ever heard of this Nigeria –Turkish International College? I guess it must be pretty damn good if half the team came from there.

The process is ridden with corruption like everything else in Nigeria. Not trying to undermine the kid, but seriously, the best mathematics, and science students in Nigeria are in those public, underfunded schools. There are better students in our public schools than what we have in the Nigerian Turkish whatever they call it. Good education, but the students aren't the best we have to offer

flo_path:

ok. I indicated in that post that I am very biased. Besides, I was talking about a specific period. 2004-2006 for IMO, physics and IJSO competitions. I know a guy from there got bronze medal in IJso recently. Even my own crappy sec school has 4 Ijso bronze medals and several national medals so kini big deal. What I was trying to indicate is that, the way you said it, you make it seem like the school is far and above the best in naija when it is not.

I agree with you totally. Every year, and in almost every state, the people making it far are predominantly people in the public schools. I know this for sure. It is like WAEC, the result from the private schools, including Turkish whatever, is not a true reflection of the state of things. Private schools like the Turkish whatever are known to cheat their way through tests like this. Not that the kids arent up to it, they probably are, but the kids in those rich schools are not anywhere close to the kind of brains we have in our public schools. Ademehin's achievement is a reflection of what he learnt, academically and otherwise, in the public schools. His achievement is a credit to the hardworking men and women in our dilapidated secondary schools. Let no Nigerian Turkish crap take credit for it. Up Oyemekun, Igbobi college, Iganmode, Oritamefa, OSCAS, Ejigbo grammar and other schools like it in little known places ( other wise called Hinterland by some misguided NL intellectuals grin) around Nigeria.

Besides, the link you posted indicated that they proudly educate the kids of past presidents and Nigerian state officials. Basically, they educate the kids of those stealing naija's money. That is my problem with them. It is a very good school there is no question about that. I am just offering my own biased opinion. Finally, why do you care so much? chill my guy. The point of this thread is to celebrate someone's success, not antagonize others.

Besides teaching them how to speak with their nose, there is nothing much they have to offer, TBH. No be the same people dey take WAEC and JAMB with the rest of us? Shior kelembe iso.
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by Ystranger: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
"where the [size=18pt]intelletes[/size] meet"

http://www.interso.net/

Up Nigerian-Turkish!
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by Ystranger: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Someone from a public school actually did us proud.

I though some weeks back someone was arguing that its products of Corona, Grange etc that are the smartest.

Dont mind them jo.

99% of them despite their expensive education couldnt make it into Nigerian universities. We see them all the time. Corona ko, Aunti ibanuje ni.

Up public schools!

Up the indefatigable spirit of the ordinary Nigerian

Up the never say die attitude of people like Becomrich/Musiwa/Oyebambam Adsegun

Up the poor honest people of Nigeria.
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by SEFAGO(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ystranger:

The process is ridden with corruption like everything else in Nigeria. Not trying to undermine the kid, but seriously, the best mathematics, and science students in Nigeria are in those public, underfunded schools. There are better students in our public schools than what we have in the Nigerian Turkish whatever they call it. Good education, but the students aren't the best we have to offer

I agree with you totally. Every year, and in almost every state, the people making it far are predominantly people in the public schools. I know this for sure. It is like WAEC, the result from the private schools, including Turkish whatever, is not a true reflection of the state of things. Private schools like the Turkish whatever are known to cheat their way through tests like this. Not that the kids arent up to it, they probably are, but the kids in those rich schools are not anywhere close to the kind of brains we have in our public schools. Ademehin's achievement is a reflection of what he learnt, academically and otherwise, in the public schools. His achievement is a credit to the hardworking men and women in our dilapidated secondary schools. Let no Nigerian Turkish crap take credit for it. Up Oyemekun, Igbobi college, Iganmode, Oritamefa, OSCAS, Ejigbo grammar and other schools like it in little known places ( other wise called Hinterland by some misguided NL intellectuals grin) around Nigeria.

Besides teaching them how to speak with their nose, there is nothing much they have to offer, TBH. No be the same people dey take WAEC and JAMB with the rest of us? Shior kelembe iso.

Sucks to have gone to a village school? Deal with it mate.
Re: Team Nigeria Makes History, Wins Bronze In International Physics Olympiad by Dave972: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
Hello please, how do I register my son for the mathematics olympiad? He is in JSS2

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tasued Post Ume Is Out! Check In For More Details / Lifting The Ban On No Mobile Phones In High School. YES OR NO??? / Pls I Need Past Exam Question Papers On Nigeria Society Of Engineers (nse)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.