Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Apply For Ausbildung In Germany - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For Ausbildung In Germany (1376 Views)

Do You Want To Study In Germany 2018/2019. / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China / You Can Now Go To College In Germany For Free, No Matter Where You’re From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For Ausbildung In Germany by Officialsetlinn: 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
Are you enthusiastic about picking up real-world working experience rather than theoretical knowledge? Do you want to work and study simultaneously in one of the foremost developed nations within the world? Then there’s no superior alternative for you than choosing Germany.

Germany has a special system known as Ausbildung, which permits students from both EU or non-EU nations to work in German companies as apprentices, while they get trained. Companies that have apprenticeship positions give this training to youthful individuals, and it does not only save on recruitment costs but avoids the hazard of enlisting half-baked workers for the job.

What is Ausbildung?
Ausbildung is a German term for “apprenticeship” or “vocational training” in the English language. It is a training program with various professions which allows you to work and study at the same time. It is not the high education level, but vocational like; craft, cleaner, carpentry, nurse, butcher, IT professions, secretary, or train driver – this basically means that it is an active job where you work with your hands.

How does Ausbildung work?
Once acknowledged to this program as an Azubi (trainee) or Ausbildender (trainer) by any of the German companies, your training under Ausbildung will automatically be partitioned into two parts:

First, you will be attached to a German company to work as an apprentice.

Secondly, you will be attached to a vocational school called Berufsschule in German, where your training classes would hold.

After these have been done, you proceed to divide your time, approximately 50% each based on your apprenticeship period to attend both locations – For example, If you have applied for Ausbildung in a hospital, you may have to work in several assigned departments in that hospital to garner practical knowledge and experience. Your assigned departments can change in a month so that you can get the overall experience in the nursing job. The remaining days of your week will be spent in your vocational training school (Berufsschule) for studying your assigned category and technicalities. The vocational training school conducts your exams; midterms and finals, and your overall Ausbildung score will include grades from your employer and training school. By the end of the program, you receive a certificate that allows you to work only in the concrete occupation you were trained for. This certificate is also recognized in many other countries, including the EU, so you won’t be limited to Germany.

What is the Duration of the Ausbildung Program in Germany?
Ordinarily, the Ausbildung program lasts for 3-4 years, but in case your grades are great based on your performance within the company and vocational training school, then this time period can be decreased. Time duration usually depends on various factors like the company you are working for, the department you are assigned to, the vocational training school you are studying. This being said, the most important thing you require to be eligible for the Ausbildung program, is proficiency in the German language.

How can I apply for Ausbildung in Germany as a Non-EU citizen?
Foreigners from all nations within the world can begin vocational training in Germany. Ausbildung graduates have exceptionally great career openings in Germany based on the current government: after the training, foreigners can remain in Germany to work in this profession. Once you have decided what area you want to get an apprenticeship in, then you look for companies offering such and apply accordingly. This might be necessary on paper, by e-mail, or on a special application website. You should make yourself familiar with German standards for applications, like the German language skills because it is basically a must. Most of the companies offering apprenticeships won’t have enough time nor personnel to interpret for you. There are two main ways one can find a place for Ausbildung in Germany.

• To apply from your home country and pass the interviews via Skype

• Come to Germany on a special visa to seek an Ausbildung and find a desirable place.

See more here: https://setlinn.com/apply-for-ausbildung-in-germany/

2 Likes

Re: Apply For Ausbildung In Germany by MykelD: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
Good day.

I am currently learning the German language, I'm currently at level B1 and would seat for my Goethe zertifikat B1 in few months time.

Please I'd like to get an Ausbildung for Berufskraftfahrer, I've seen a lot of opportunities and emails where I can send my application and CV, but my cold feet is based on the fact that I haven't got my Goethe zertifikat yet, I fear they may not attend to my applications. However, most of the companies offering Ausbildung in Berufskraftfahrer would resume around August 2024 and I'm really eager to be a part of that period.

What's your advice.

Thanks
Re: Apply For Ausbildung In Germany by billpete89: 9:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
Just know that you need german language proficiency up to B2 level.

The appointment waiting period for Ausbildung at the german consulate is about 2 years.
Re: Apply For Ausbildung In Germany by Adeoye11(m): 4:12am On Oct 24, 2023
Where can one even learn German in Nigeria?
Re: Apply For Ausbildung In Germany by billpete89: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Adeoye11:
Where can one even learn German in Nigeria?

Many places. You have not checked yet.

(1) (Reply)

Just_in: We Are Not The Ones They Are Talking To - ASUU President Speaks / Why Education Is Importance? / Unilorin Post Ume Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.