Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC (869 Views)

Amosun Reacts To Reports Of Dumping APC For APM And Endorsing Atiku / Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / Abdulfatah Ahmed Hints Of Dumping APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by Marvelzhaz: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
VICE President Yemi Osinbajo, on Thursday, distanced himself from a memo purported to have originated from his office to President Muhammadu Buhari, seeking permission to resign his membership of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

A memo dated June 24, 2022 with reference number SH/VP/605/2./0 and sighted by our correspondent, listed, among others, family pressure, his (Osinbajo) continuous participation in active and partisan politics and membership of the APC as the reasons for his decision.

However, when contacted to confirm the authenticity of the said memo, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the Vice President, Mr. Laolu Akande, described it as fake.

He said the language of the author of the memo was not that of Vice President Osinbajo, pointing out that his boss would not write a memo so full of errors.

According to him, “Where do you people even get these things from? Who gave it to you? Anyway, for the avoidance of doubt, the memo is fake. VP didn’t write any such thing.”

The memo with the heading, “Permission to Resign from APC”, and purportedly signed by Vice President Osinbajo, is reproduced verbatim:

“I have the honour to inform you that for some time now, I have been having series of meetings and pressure from my immediate family members on some matters.

“One of the issues borders on my continuous participation on active and partisan politics, and by extension, my continuous membership of our party, the All Progressives Congress, APC.

“As a father and great member, whom without you, I would not be where I am today, regrettably, I write to seek for your permission to resign my membership of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

“However, if the timing of this plan is not convenience or acceptable by Your Excellency, I will surely abide by your decision and advice, which I will consider to be the final.

“Please accept the assurances of my highest regards and loyalty.”

https://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/07/vice-president-yemi-osinbajo-reacts-to.html

Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by God1000(m): 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
He should move to another party and contest.

I don't know why good politicians are not given a chance in Nigeria.

This man is a phenomenon

1 Like

Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
Osinbobo the president we never have...Love this man no homo

1 Like

Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by oz4real83(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Osibanjo was so loyal because he thought the president was fully behind him. He failed to research the history of the president his principal that he never supports anything good and beneficial to the majority embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by CleanInAll: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2022
Osibanjo will support Obi very soon
Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by FreeStuffsNG: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
Honestly, the source of this forgery can be traced and the criminal behind it apprehended.
People should always be reminded that they can always be held to account.
Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by Obakoolex(m): 7:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
undecided late
Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by Toosure70: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2022
2023 still far. This man is the next president i know.
Re: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Reacts To Rumours Of Dumping APC by Abfinest007(m): 8:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
Without reading I can predict what he will say.chinken heart

(1) (Reply)

Hope Uzodimma & APC Uploads Thousands Of Fake Registrants To INEC Servers / Tinubu Is The Only Candidate That Possess All These Attributes. (photo) / Have You Listened To Tinubu Addressing An Audience Lately? Really Terrible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.