Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? (751 Views)

Can't Log Into My Deriv Synthetic Forex Account On Mt5 / Paypal Of Nigeria, Please Does It Work Well / How to earn $40 + A Day A As Freelance Tester On Utest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Lazyreporta(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
Hi guys, OK, I am into forex trading for awhile now, but something happened..

I really don't run my trades manually, I am use to EA, I tell developers what my strategy is and they turn it into expert advisors.

There's this particular strategy I had, it's completely based on zigzag signal, but the developer had to make it in 2 EAs, however, I wanted to have it in 1 EA, so I asked a new developer to do that. He did the trial version, it didn't work well on live account and tester.
On the 10th version, he got it but I thought he didn't, why? I ran it through tester, I found out it wasn't working as I wanted it. He told me he tested it and it's working fine. I insisted, Infact I had to open a dispute ticket with fiverr support.

He agreed to do zoom with me so he can see the error, omo I tested it on tester for him and he got confused too cos it didn't work well.

Finally, he did 11th version, this time, I tried it first on live account, it was perfect, awesome.
So I said let me run it on tester so I can capture more data, omo, the ea was doing exactly what the previous version was doing. I ran it on live account again and it was perfect.

Now, I haven't been experiencing this before, this is my first time.

Any idea why that happened, guys?

The EA is perfect on live account but it's not working well on tester.

I use mt5
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by SilentVboy: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2022
Lazyreporta:
Hi guys, OK, I am into forex trading for awhile now, but something happened..

I really don't run my trades manually, I am use to EA, I tell developers what my strategy is and they turn it into expert advisors.

There's this particular strategy I had, it's completely based on zigzag signal, but the developer had to make it in 2 EAs, however, I wanted to have it in 1 EA, so I asked a new developer to do that. He did the trial version, it didn't work well on live account and tester.
On the 10th version, he got it but I thought he didn't, why? I ran it through tester, I found out it wasn't working as I wanted it. He told me he tested it and it's working fine. I insisted, Infact I had to open a dispute ticket with fiverr support.

He agreed to do zoom with me so he can see the error, omo I tested it on tester for him and he got confused too cos it didn't work well.

Finally, he did 11th version, this time, I tried it first on live account, it was perfect, awesome.
So I said let me run it on tester so I can capture more data, omo, the ea was doing exactly what the previous version was doing. I ran it on live account again and it was perfect.

Now, I haven't been experiencing this before, this is my first time.

Any idea why that happened, guys?

The EA is perfect on live account but it's not working well on tester.

I use mt5
It depends on the settings you used in the strategy tester.

Did u use the "tick" setting or the "1min ohlmc" settings?

They will both give different results.

But since it works well for u on the live account, then enjoy it.
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Lazyreporta(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2022
SilentVboy:
It depends on the settings you used in the strategy tester.

Did u use the "tick" setting or the "1min ohlmc" settings?

They will both give different results.

But since it works well for u on the live account, then enjoy it.

Yeah bro, "every tick on real tick"

I use same settings though.

It works well on my guys tester, so the thing confuse me

Thanks
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Aristocrat1011(m): 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Yeah bro, "every tick on real tick"

I use same settings though.

It works well on my guys tester, so the thing confuse me

Thanks
Hello good pm
Pls I stumbled across your post of some years back on how to open a PayPal that sends and receive funds.
I've tried and followed the steps you alighted but my accounts keep getting flagged.
I don't know if I'm missing something or if the hack no longer works pls kindly reply, I need help in setting up a PayPal acct
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Lazyreporta(m): 7:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
Aristocrat1011:

Hello good pm
Pls I stumbled across your post of some years back on how to open a PayPal that sends and receive funds.
I've tried and followed the steps you alighted but my accounts keep getting flagged.
I don't know if I'm missing something or if the hack no longer works pls kindly reply, I need help in setting up a PayPal acct

It's long time ago bro.

Just download barter and create a usd card.. Then fund your PayPal easily.. This is no trick but legit.
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Aristocrat1011(m): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lazyreporta:

It's long time ago bro.

Just download barter and create a usd card.. Then fund your PayPal easily.. This is no trick but legit.
My problem is creating the PayPal acct that can receive and send
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Qre1: 8:05pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lovely topic

Good news for binary options traders you can now automate trading with ease using bots

Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Lazyreporta(m): 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2022
Qre1:
Lovely topic

Good news for binary options traders you can now automate trading with ease using bots

Show me your today's live account results with the bot
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Lazyreporta(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
Aristocrat1011:

My problem is creating the PayPal acct that can receive and send

Create a USA account using vps.. You have to always use the vps to login always..

Vps not VPN
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Aristocrat1011(m): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Create a USA account using vps.. You have to always use the vps to login always..

Vps not VPN
Okay.
I'll try that and hope it works.
Thank you
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by web4africa: 8:47am On Jul 16, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Vps not VPN

Windows VPS with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Lazyreporta(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2022
web4africa:

Windows VPS with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)

YES sir
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Aristocrat1011(m): 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Vps not VPN
Good day to you thank you for your response to my questions.
Pls what vps do you recommend?
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Lazyreporta(m): 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
Aristocrat1011:

Good day to you thank you for your response to my questions.
Pls what vps do you recommend?

Virtual private server..

It's a server, like a computer in USA but you're using it from Nigeria.
Depends on the plan, you have some data cap along with it.

On 20 dollars, you can get up to 20gb or more
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by Aristocrat1011(m): 12:28am On Jul 18, 2022
Lazyreporta:

Virtual private server..

It's a server, like a computer in USA but you're using it from Nigeria.
Depends on the plan, you have some data cap along with it.

On 20 dollars, you can get up to 20gb or more
Okay, thanks you for the reply
Re: Does Strategy Tester Work Well On Mt5? by terrahostNG: 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hello,

We offer Windows VPS with RDP if you are still in need of one.

https://terrahost.com

(1) (Reply)

CBN Reverses Self On Cash Withdrawal Limits / Palmpay Cheat: Get Upto N30000 Awoof Money / All NIN Related Issues Come In Here,change Of Age And Change Of Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.