Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court (234 Views)

Buhari Praises Dangote, Elumelu, Atiku, Banks and Other For Donations / President Buhari Praises Ugwuanyi’s Achievements In Enugu / Buhari Praises Abacha: He Built Roads, Hospitals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by treesun: 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday called for the establishment of an International Anti-Corruption Court to try offenders.

Buhari urged African leaders to intensify the fight against corruption, and create more disincentives for pilfering of public funds.

In his remarks on the African Day of Anti-Corruption, he said efforts must be intensified to prosecute offenders and get back resources stored in other countries.

“Corruption is evil and all efforts at tackling it are desirable. I have monitored the fight against corruption in Africa and I can see both successes and drawbacks.

“The battle must continue for the sake of the continent and its people no matter the difficulties.

‘In Nigeria, the fight against corruption has been vigorous since 2015. A lot has been achieved in the areas of arrest, prosecution, conviction, asset recovery and anti-corruption laws.”

The President noted that more work on many fronts is required, advising civil and public servants to be ethical and professional at all times.

He said the private sector must contribute to curbing corruption, while the international community needs to close safe havens.

“The judiciary requires more impetus. Perhaps, an International Anti-corruption Criminal Court is needed.”

Buhari also wants family, schools and religions to do more to discourage corruption for a better society.

The Nigerian leader said for the continent to realize its full potential, “we must get rid of corruption in Africa”.

Buhari added that as his tenure ends next year, he is proud to leave behind a legacy of fighting corruption among others.

“I abhor corruption and I will render my best in or out of office to get rid of corruption. I urge our youths to join me in this noble cause”, he said

https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/14/corruption-buhari-praises-self-calls-for-establishment-of-international-court/
Re: Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by treesun: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2022
Same that refuse to obey court rulings!
Re: Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by treesun: 7:45am On Jul 15, 2022
Buhari added that as his tenure ends next year, he is proud to leave behind a legacy of fighting corruption among others
Cardoso Mutairu (Seunmsg), what say thou!
Lalasticlala!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by Blackfire(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2022
Our darling president

We the youths are solidly behind you
Re: Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by gentlegenius(m): 7:47am On Jul 15, 2022
Blackfire:
Our darling president

Re: Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by treesun: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2022
Blackfire:
Our darling president

What are you drinking or sniffing!
Re: Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by Telekinetic: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2022
Blackfire:
Our darling president

Dem suppose drag you enter street, wear you better 2by4 for head like thief angry
Re: Corrruption: Buhari Praises Self, Calls For Establishment Of International Court by treesun: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2022
Telekinetic:

Dem suppose drag you enter street, wear you better 2by4 for head like thief angry

Honestly, Mynd44!!

(1) (Reply)

Dvido, Portable Clash Over Governorshuly Election In Osun. / God Will Judge Between Nigerian Christians, Tinubu – Ex-sgf, Lawal / Apc, Pdp, Sdp, Ypp Stakeholders Defect To Adc In Kogi's Yagba Federal Const.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.