Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children (18018 Views)

UK To Stop Dependent Visa / Does Canada Give Dependent Visa For Couples? / How Nigerians Can Bring Their Family/dependent To The UK Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by IamGreen1(f): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2022
Elsueno:
hmm...I just wonder how d abok#s do it, cause thier wives don't carry thier surname but thier papas name.

I've been wondering too, the father first name precisely, I was shocked when I was working at NPC then in Yola.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by GoldHorse(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2022
You do not need to be married to him to prove relationship. Civil partnership or cohabitation is allowed you just need to prove it.

Along with other documents you mentioned your WhatsApp chat history is even proof of relationship. Photos taken together at owambe, child's birthdays, etc too. Anything to show you are in relationship with him.

DO NOT FORGE ANYTHING.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Xmen149(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
If forge kpakam! Na ban straight.

Only way out is your kids certificate and home/pictures of both of you.

If you have kids birthday videos too.

Am not even going to suggest bills and receipts because women in Nigeria hardly pay for any dam thing when around their men talk of a house wife.

Man wey no marry you for 10yrs if you f his opportunity up hmmmm..Sha be careful
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by rickpat(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
Allegory:

No need to marry now and back date it when you’ve already told them you’re not married, that’s just begging for a ban.

You can submit your bank statement and driver’s licence, the older the documents the better. You can also submit documents that are in the children’s name that have the address and explain to them why you don’t have more. Better to submit what you have than get caught lying to prove the truth
oh...I must I have missed the part where she said she has told them she is not married already...my bad......in that case she has to use the legit documents that she has
...thanks for the insight
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Allegory(f): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
Xmen149:
If forge kpakam! Na ban straight.

Only way out is your kids certificate and home/pictures of both of you.

If you have kids birthday videos too.

Am not even going to suggest bills and receipts because women in Nigeria hardly pay for any dam thing when around their men talk of a house wife.

Man wey no marry you for 10yrs if you f his opportunity up hmmmm..Sha be careful
They’re married traditionally, it’s still marriage

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Movingon5: 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2022
rickpat:
go to the local government where you reside and get married in the registry there...you would be given a marriage document...a slip... just pay them...you can have it back dated if you want.... depending on your pocket

that's the document of proof of marriage

Mr genius.... always ready to assist. God bless u sir
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by rickpat(m): 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2022
Movingon5:

Mr genius.... always ready to assist. God bless u sir
Lol...you....where did you disappear to
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Wwwq: 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
Oh
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by fluffybaby(f): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

we share different name. I have never used his name officially. even if i back date the document, all i have is a marriage certificate as the tie. no other document. i still need proof of joint residence

What other proof? You show marriage certificate and tell then you are a home maker. What other proof do they want from you? Or am I missing something? You are not the first woman to not b ar her partners surname. The Chinese according to a friend from there don't bear husband's surname as a rule. I know a ton of women who don't bear their husbands surnames.That shouldn't be an issue. You tell them you prefer to keep yours as it makes documentation easy for you.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by clumsydyna: 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
Madam go and get your tenancy agreement which has your name and your husband's name clearly written on it. If you don't have it, go and make one urgently, that serves as a proof of having living together.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by galantjoe(m): 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
Go to local govt or state capital to get married at marriage registry and obtain your marriage certificate.

For proof of residence, you can use your utility bills, front page of your bank statement, etc
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by maasoap(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2022
meobizy:
It hurts because it is true.

What is the truth in your statement? It is called Fallacy!
There are plenty adults here, I don't need to tell you that. There are people in various fields and departments too. Is there any information and advice that you seek here which you can't get? Almost 2.9 million members, you fall hands.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by meobizy(f): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
maasoap:

What is the truth in your statement? It is called Fallacy!
There are plenty adults here, I don't need to tell you that. There are people in various fields and departments too. Is there any information and advice that you seek here which you can't get? Almost 2.9 million members, you fall hands.
#story.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by cooooooks(m): 7:37am On Jul 16, 2022
I would STRONGLY advise that you see a family lawyer in Nigeria. You would find at your locK courthouse.
I am not sure if Nigeria has common law marriage. Also, you may need to do an affidavit, including your parents and his, confirming that you two have lived as a couple for ten years, with children, never straying. This is common law marriage in some countries (check if this is the case in the UK).

Alternatively, or on top, you may need to check with your local people to see if there is a custom about living with a man and having his children. Some customs consider that to be marriage already.

I would suggest getting expert help in finalizing this issue.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by movedup: 11:46am On Jul 17, 2022
cooooooks:
I would STRONGLY advise that you see a family lawyer in Nigeria. You would find at your locK courthouse.
I am not sure if Nigeria has common law marriage. Also, you may need to do an affidavit, including your parents and his, confirming that you two have lived as a couple for ten years, with children, never straying. This is common law marriage in some countries (check if this is the case in the UK).

Alternatively, or on top, you may need to check with your local people to see if there is a custom about living with a man and having his children. Some customs consider that to be marriage already.

I would suggest getting expert help in finalizing this issue.

Thanks alot
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Idaytesj29(m): 12:19pm On May 21, 2023
advanceDNA:

Can you please be clear about what they asked......
6 documents?? Just to prove residence?? Unless I didn't get your write up...

U dont need to falsify marriage...the UK goverment recognizes civil partnership between couples that are not officially married on paper...

U just need to prove that your relationship is for real with stuffs like....

proof of address..
Pictures shared together
banks statements
Whatsapp chats
Birth certificates showimg you both father and mother your children...
Receipts..

It's not something difficult..

Boss, I need to discuss something with you.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by advanceDNA: 1:31pm On May 21, 2023
Idaytesj29:

Boss, I need to discuss something with you.

Shoot
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Idaytesj29(m): 9:17pm On May 21, 2023
advanceDNA:

Shoot

Please, I will like to do by email. I will post my email here, just hi me so that I can message you and we can discuss. Thanks.

Don't feel offended pls

Thank you
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by advanceDNA: 10:30pm On May 21, 2023
Idaytesj29:

Please, I will like to do by email. I will post my email here, just hi me so that I can message you and we can discuss. Thanks.

Don't feel offended pls

Thank you

Baba use the normal email route ooo..anybody can pick ur email here and say its me asking u for things....naija is on vawulence mode
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Idaytesj29(m): 6:08am On May 22, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba use the normal email route ooo..anybody can pick ur email here and say its me asking u for things....naija is on vawulence mode

Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Admiralty-lekki-ikoyi Bridge: What Is The Solution To Regular Traffic There? / Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport Enugu: The Realities, Politics And New Hope / Umar Tudunwada Dies In Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.