Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,367 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children (18013 Views)

UK To Stop Dependent Visa / Does Canada Give Dependent Visa For Couples? / How Nigerians Can Bring Their Family/dependent To The UK Successfully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by movedup: 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
My partner and i have been traditionally married for 10 years without proper documentation or marriage license. We have 3 children together but apart from their birth certificates and our bank statement as proof of our relationship, there is nothing else.

He has been offered a full sponsored tier 2 visa to the U.K and we have been asked to submit 6 documents each as proof of residence and all I have to proof my residence with him in the same house is only my driver's license. I am a stay at home mom. what do we do?

thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by anthonyuncle(m): 9:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
look for a way to get the documents

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by rickpat(m): 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
go to the local government where you reside and get married in the registry there...you would be given a marriage document...a slip... just pay them...you can have it back dated if you want.... depending on your pocket

that's the document of proof of marriage

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by movedup: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
rickpat:
go to the local government where you reside and get married in the registry there...you would be give a marriage document...a slip... just pay them...you can have it back dated if you want.... depending on your pocket

that's the document of proof of marriage

@rickpat. thank you for your contributon
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by movedup: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2022
anthonyuncle:
look for a way to get the documents

we share different name. I have never used his name officially. even if i back date the document, all i have is a marriage certificate as the tie. no other document. i still need proof of joint residence
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by movedup: 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2022
movedup:
My partner and i have been traditionally married for 10 years without proper documentation or marriage license. We have 3 children together but apart from their birth certificates and our bank statement as proof of our relationship, there is nothing else.

He has been offered a full sponsored tier 2 visa to the U.K and we have been asked to submit 6 documents each as proof of residence and all I have to proof my residence with him in the same house is only my driver's license. I am a stay at home mom. what do we do?

thank you

@justwise. kindly advise

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by anthonyuncle(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
movedup:

we share different name. I have never used his name officially. even if i back date the document, all i have is a marriage certificate as the tie. no other document. i still need proof of joint residence

calm down,
there will surely be a way out
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by STEWpid(f): 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
Chai, Lobarton..

One of the causes of such scenario is simply lack of funds to handle the legal side of marriage proper..

But anyway..

My advise is that:

FIRST: The woman should go to her State Local Government and register for marriage with your both info, as will be required - You can talk to them to back date it after swearing affidavit that the woman has been INCULCATING GBOLa for 10 Good years now.

SECOND: The both of you should go to marriage registry in court and register it. You can also talk to them to back date it after swearing affidavit that the woman has been INCULCATING GBOLa for good 10 years now.

You can stop by at my shop in case you'll need ICE CREAM.

Lobarton..

5 Likes

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by BadNews: 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
No Be Small Thing
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by sekem: 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2022
Sorry.

I have nothing meaningful to say to you at the moment.

May God protect you.
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by englishmart(m): 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2022
No matter how wealthy you are, never consider marrying a liability

6 Likes

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by meobizy(f): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
traditionally married
Since when did this not count as a union?

You people had no problem with the situation for ten years. The only step I can advice is going to a court. Anybody you ask there will give more detailed information than the children on Nairaland can provide.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by UrPapa: 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
Na 9ja u dey na... Shey na to get document come hard like dat
As long as u can pay sha

8 Likes

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by nairalee(m): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
Just do a find a way to get a backdated cert
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Sopiygfccdd: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ok

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by ShenTeh(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2022
The address on your driver's licence is proof enough.

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
Wait
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Elsueno: 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
hmm...I just wonder how d abok#s do it, cause thier wives don't carry thier surname but thier papas name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by advanceDNA: 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

thank you

Can you please be clear about what they asked......
6 documents?? Just to prove residence?? Unless I didn't get your write up...

U dont need to falsify marriage...the UK goverment recognizes civil partnership between couples that are not officially married on paper...

U just need to prove that your relationship is for real with stuffs like....

proof of address..
Pictures shared together
banks statements
Whatsapp chats
Birth certificates showimg you both father and mother your children...
Receipts..

It's not something difficult..

8 Likes

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by naija4life247: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
Okay nah
Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by passwelle: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2022
My humble submission is to marry now and do not backdate any paperwork.
Cohabitation is a well-established and accepted practice in the Western world.
If in doubt refer to the following:
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/living-together-marriage-and-civil-partnership/living-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/

7 Likes

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by 8BitGee(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

thank you

What you have is what is called cohabitation. It is not specifically known in law. However, you could benefit from registration of a civil partnership if you don't want to be married. Here, civil partnership is closest to marriage and a lot of people prefer it because it straddles both ends.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/family/living-together-marriage-and-civil-partnership/living-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/

1 Like

Re: Unmarried Partner Dependent With Children by Advision: 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
movedup:

thank you

Your children's birth certificate should be your strongest proof in the absence of a marriage cert (assuming its the type that shows both mother & fathers name).

I would not advice you present a newly issued wedding cert, that could raise suspicion. Its better to open up that you are not legally married but are established live-in partners with children and other docs as proof

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Railway Operators Ignore FG Free-Ride Directive, Sell Tickets At Inflated Prices / Jonathan Mourns Victims Of Lagos Plane Crash, Orders Investigation / Admiralty-lekki-ikoyi Bridge: What Is The Solution To Regular Traffic There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.