Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success (635 Views)

Putin’s Hypersonic Missiles Carrying Warship On FIRE (pics, Video) / China Secretly Tested 2 Hypersonic Nuke Missiles That Defied The Laws Of Physics / Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2022
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Air Force conducted a second consecutive successful flight of Lockheed Martin’s AGM-183A Air-launched Rapid Response Weapon, marking the end of the hypersonic program’s booster test phase.

The test took place July 12 and the hypersonic missile, which flew from a B-52H Stratofortress, met primary and secondary objectives, the service said in a July 13 statement. With the completion of the booster series, ARRW will begin all-up-round testing later this year.

Brig. Gen. Heath Collins, program executive officer for the Air Force’s armament directorate, said the flight test expands the weapon’s operational envelope. According to Lockheed, the test showcased ARRW’s ability to reach and withstand hypersonic speeds and will help the program gather data to inform future testing. It also confirmed the weapon’s ability to safely separate from an aircraft and hit targets from standoff distances, the company said in a statement.

Hypersonic vehicles can travel and maneuver at speeds above Mach 5, and ARRW is the Air Force’s first air-launched hypersonic weapon. The missile is designed to destroy time-sensitive targets and, once fielded, will expand the service’s precision-strike portfolio.

The Air Force’s last successful ARRW flight occurred in May and broke a streak of three testing failures for the weapon, which have slowed the service’s plans for beginning to field the system this year. Congress slashed ARRW procurement funding by nearly $161 million for fiscal 2022.

The service’s fiscal 2023 budget request bypassed procurement funding for ARRW. The service plans to ask for $577 million next year to ramp up prototyping.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lockheed-hypersonic-weapon-moves-next-202158951.html

1 Like

Re: Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success by Lebronjames23(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2022
BritishNaija:
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Air Force conducted a second consecutive successful flight of Lockheed Martin’s AGM-183A Air-launched Rapid Response Weapon, marking the end of the hypersonic program’s booster test phase.

The test took place July 12 and the hypersonic missile, which flew from a B-52H Stratofortress, met primary and secondary objectives, the service said in a July 13 statement. With the completion of the booster series, ARRW will begin all-up-round testing later this year.

Brig. Gen. Heath Collins, program executive officer for the Air Force’s armament directorate, said the flight test expands the weapon’s operational envelope. According to Lockheed, the test showcased ARRW’s ability to reach and withstand hypersonic speeds and will help the program gather data to inform future testing. It also confirmed the weapon’s ability to safely separate from an aircraft and hit targets from standoff distances, the company said in a statement.

Hypersonic vehicles can travel and maneuver at speeds above Mach 5, and ARRW is the Air Force’s first air-launched hypersonic weapon. The missile is designed to destroy time-sensitive targets and, once fielded, will expand the service’s precision-strike portfolio.

The Air Force’s last successful ARRW flight occurred in May and broke a streak of three testing failures for the weapon, which have slowed the service’s plans for beginning to field the system this year. Congress slashed ARRW procurement funding by nearly $161 million for fiscal 2022.

The service’s fiscal 2023 budget request bypassed procurement funding for ARRW. The service plans to ask for $577 million next year to ramp up prototyping.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lockheed-hypersonic-weapon-moves-next-202158951.html
evening bro, how is your day going? I had to quote u here , can u help with any amount at all? I'd appreciate bro. Any amount I'll appreciate
Re: Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 21, 2022
Lebronjames23:
evening bro, how is your day going? I had to quote u here , can u help with any amount at all? I'd appreciate bro. Any amount I'll appreciate

Be available online, I would have directed to my twitter link, But be here, I will do a 500k give away once my mum lands in the UK Next month, 10k Each person to celebrate that, I will open a thread for it and mention you.
Re: Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success by Kingsnairaland(m): 11:45am On Jul 21, 2022
Hope tomorrow USA won't say the test failed lol.

1 Like

Re: Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success by seunny4lif(m): 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2022
grin
I swear

Over 800B dollars on USA military that is X100 of what Russia spend on her military and yet Russia have not only tested hypersonic missiles, her military have used it in combat to see how fast it’s work while the biggest military budget in the world is still trying to build it.

NK that is under heavy sanctions will develop those hypersonic missiles before USA
Kingsnairaland:
Hope tomorrow USA won't say the test failed lol.

1 Like

Re: Lockheed Hypersonic Weapon Moves To Next Phase After US Air Force Test Success by Lebronjames23(m): 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
BritishNaija:

Be available online, I would have directed to my twitter link, But be here, I will do a 500k give away once my mum lands in the UK Next month, 10k Each person to celebrate that, I will open a thread for it and mention you.
OK boss, thank u I appreciate,I'd be here

(1) (Reply)

Biden Has Promised Ukraine Advanced Air Defence Systems / Scotland Releases Lockerbie Panam Plotter: Views / Bloomberg Favored To Win 3rd Term As Nyc Mayor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.