Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,236 members, 7,825,913 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints (1039 Views)

Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage / Visa Ban: Buhari Blasts Atiku For Calling His Government Inefficient / Tribunal Issues Subpoena On INEC Chairman Over Atiku, PDP's Complaints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
Honestly I don't know why a government agency saddled with the responsibility of managing the identity of the masses would be as inefficient as this..

I enrolled and got my NIN around year 2015.

Then in 2018 I lost the phone number I used in getting the NIN. And I wasn't able to retrieve it as at when I tried to (I found that it has been assigned to someone else).

Last week Monday I went to an enrollment centre to change that phone number. They updated it (as well as my address).

A week later, I visited the enrollment centre and was told that it has been validated. They printed out the NIN slip and gave to me.

Now, there is this certificate I want to verify using National ID Card. I was told that I can capture the image of the National e-ID Card from a certain NIMC MobileID app.

I downloaded and installed the app on my phone, then I entered my NIN. It displayed that same old number which I don't have access to.

I tapped on the option to use another phone number, then I entered the phone number I used to update the NIN. I was surprised when the app said, "Record Not Found".

I was more surprised because this second number (as well as my two other lines) is linked to the my NIN.

Why wasn't the record found?? Abi dem don sell am give one terrorist??

I don't understand.

I googled the problem and got customer care lines of the NIMC as well as their emails.

I emailed them the issue (about 3 of their emails). Two days now and no reply.

I called them yesterday. Rang several times and they wouldn't pick up. Most times it would say, user busy.

Okay.

When one person managed to pick up after two hours of trying, she asked me to refresh the app. How? Should I uninstall it and reinstall it again from Play Store? She said yes.

I did as I was told. Nothing changed.

This is bad.

I tried calling back using all my free time throughout yesterday. Dem nor gree pick up. Until the line said, switched off.

Dem don close work for the day, abi? Alright let me try tomorrow.

I've been calling them since I woke up and sem still nor wan pick.

What's all this

How can these people be doing like this?

We are talking about a Government agency saddled with the responsibility of identity management of more than 200million people.

These folks need to sit up, abeg. This isn't fair.

1 Like

Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by cybersoldiers: 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2022
donaytexx1:
Honestly I don't know why a government agency saddled with the responsibility of managing the identity of the masses would be as inefficient as this..

Then in 2018 I lost the phone number I used in getting the NIN. And I wasn't able to retrieve it as at when I tried to (I found that it has been assigned to someone else).

Last week Monday I went to an enrollment centre to change that phone number. They updated it (as well as my address).

A week later, I visited the enrollment centre and was told that it has been validated. They printed out the NIN slip and gave to me.

Now, there is this certificate I want to verify using National ID Card. I was told that I can capture the image of the National e-ID Card from a certain NIMC MobileID app.

I downloaded and installed the app on my phone, then I entered my NIN. It displayed that same old number which I don't have access to.

I tapped on the option to use another phone number, then I entered the phone number I used to update the NIN. I was surprised when the app said, "Record Not Found".

I was more surprised because this second number (as well as my two other lines) is linked to the my NIN.

I don't understand.

I googled the problem and got customer care lines of the NIMC as well as their emails.

I called them yesterday. Rang several times and they wouldn't pick up. Most times it would say, user busy.

Okay.

When one person managed to pick up after two hours of trying, she asked me to refresh the app. How? Should I uninstall it and reinstall it again from Play Store? She said yes.

This is bad.

I tried calling back using all my free time throughout yesterday. Dem nor gree pick up. Until the line said, switched off.

What's all this

We are talking about a Government agency saddled with the responsibility of identity management of more than 200million people.

You see why you and I need Peter Obi?

Most of the people employed under this administration are empty heads without brains.

All behaves like cow.

Sorry my brother, that's just "STATE OF THE NATION"

Just be patient, it will be fine with Peter Obi.

3 Likes

Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by thatigboman1: 1:57pm On Jul 15, 2022
Handwork of #EscoBAT urchins

Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by Toktee(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
donaytexx1:

I don't understand.

Okay.

This is bad.

What's all this

I register since 2014,got the slip but when I paid for downloading of the e Id through remitta I was debited with sending me the card unto this day.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by inoki247: 2:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
Toktee:
I register since 2014,got the slip but when I paid for downloading of the e Id through remitta I was debited with sending me the card unto this day.

Lol you paying remitta no mean say dem go send you physical card oh na Digital card u go get wey u go tak to printer to print on a Plastic for u....

Govt don stop to dey issue the plastic right now na u go pay go still use ur leg waka go print am on plastic the money wey dem charge you online na for you to have a copy wey u go tak go give printer....
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by Toktee(m): 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2022
inoki247:

Lol you paying remitta no mean say dem go send you physical card oh na Digital card u go get wey u go tak to printer to print on a Plastic for u....

Govt don stop to dey issue the plastic right now na u go pay go still use ur leg waka go print am on plastic the money wey dem charge you online na for you to have a copy wey u go tak go give printer....
Wetin you the talk sef... My wife pay them send her printed copy that's she don go do her own.... Why them no send me the downloaded copy to go do my own.

I have the app and I pay thru same.
LOOK NO PROVOKE ME O.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by inoki247: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
Toktee:
Wetin you the talk sef... My wife pay them send her printed copy that's she don go do her own.... Why them no send me the downloaded copy to go do my own.

I have the app and I pay thru same.
LOOK NO PROVOKE ME O.

Lol na immediately you pay you will get a PDF download on your phone maybe your network was bad after payment automatically na u lose like that.....

Na after payment you will get a PDF file automatically downloaded to ur phone..

When making payment you will be redirected from the app to Chrome or a good browser to make payment after that the PDF will download automatically so if your network no strong after payment ur money don go be that.....
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by Toktee(m): 2:21pm On Jul 15, 2022
inoki247:

Lol na immediately you pay you will get a PDF download on your phone maybe your network was bad after payment automatically na u lose like that.....

Na after payment you will get a PDF file automatically downloaded to ur phone..
it's been two weeks now no news.

Why?
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by inoki247: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2022
Toktee:
it's been two weeks now no news.

Why?

lol you will not wait na instantly the PDF file will download automatically on your phone dem no dey mail am to person search your recent download and see if any PDF file download for ur phone buh if he no download dat mean say ur money don go be that...

You've to pay another one but this time use a strong network and a good browser...

Na instantly the thing dey download even if after payment you mistakenly close the page before the download start your money don go be that na so dem du d site....
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2022
Toktee:

They asked you to pay to download the e-ID card?

Download it to where?

And how much were you asked to pay?

I'm not aware of that remita and download aspect o
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2022
cybersoldiers:

Most of the people employed under this administration are empty heads without brains.

All behaves like cow.

My brother, if everyone would join hands and say no to all these nonsense, people like Jagaban would be begging Nigerians and apologizing rather than all that arrogance they display on TV with reckless abandon.

It's just that many Nigerians are politically apathetic.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
inoki247:

Please educate me more on that remita and ID card printing option.

I'm not aware of it. I want to know the cost and everything involved.

I just need to verify the stuff I need it for.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2022
It's a shock that anyone in Nigeria would expect a govt agency to be efficient, as if efficiency is a priority when govt agencies were being established. I had to pay twice for printing my id card as those gimps didn't acknowledge my first payment. They said they would email me. Till now no show.

1 Like

Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
inoki247:

lol you will not wait na instantly the PDF file will download automatically on your phone dem no dey mail am to person search your recent download and see if any PDF file download for ur phone buh if he no download dat mean say ur money don go be that...

You've to pay another one but this time use a strong network and a good browser...

Na instantly the thing dey download even if after payment you mistakenly close the page before the download start your money don go be that na so dem du d site....

Bros abeg, how much is the fee, and what is the process?

Make I try that one if that's the case.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by inoki247: 3:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
donaytexx1:

Please educate me more on that remita and ID card printing option.

I'm not aware of it. I want to know the cost and everything involved.

I just need to verify the stuff I need it for.

Download the NIMC app register with your information den after that login and look for a way to download the Digital NiN inside the NiMC App na two type dey dere....

Dey av one that you pay like 1200 to get and dey av one is a bit lesser than the 1200 own...

The 1200 digital card na 1000 and it seems remita takes 200naira I no too remember again....

Just make sure you're using good phone and not phone that blocks download when you get to the payment page make payment and once is successful the PDF file will download automatically on your phone check your download history or go to your file manager to see if any recent documents don save for ur phone...

If you're using an android Make use of Google Chrome the browser works well..
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2022
inoki247:

Download the NIMC app register with your information den after that login and look for a way to download the Digital NiN inside the NiMC App na two type dey dere....

Dey av one that you pay like 1200 to get and dey av one is a bit lesser than the 1200 own...

The 1200 digital card na 1000 and it seems remita takes 200naira I no too remember again....

Just make sure you're using good phone and not phone that blocks download when you get to the payment page make payment and once is successful the PDF file will download automatically on your phone check your download history or go to your file manager to see if any recent documents don save for ur phone...

If you're using an android Make use of Google Chrome the browser works well..

This app?

Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by inoki247: 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2022
donaytexx1:

This app?

Yes that's it...
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2022
inoki247:

Yes that's it...

I already have it.

That's the app I was talking about that asked me for NIN which I entered, but it is showing the old number I used in enrollment.

I no longer have access to that number and I can't retrieve it coz it has been reassigned to another person.

I have gone to update it at NIMC office. Even the lady who picked the call I made to NIMC confirmed that the new phone number has been validated on their system.

Now I wonder why the app is still showing the old number. I tried calling them back, but they don't pick.

I'm just frustrated now.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by inoki247: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2022
donaytexx1:

I already have it.

That's the app I was talking about that asked me for NIN which I entered, but it is showing the old number I used in enrollment.

I no longer have access to that number and I can't retrieve it coz it has been reassigned to another person.

I have gone to update it at NIMC office. Even the lady who picked the call I made to NIMC confirmed that the new phone number has been validated on their system.

Now I wonder why the app is still showing the old number. I tried calling them back, but they don't pick.

I'm just frustrated now.

Something about change of phone number in Nigeria dey always dey somehow maybe you still need to go dere if dey can help you print the Digital dem sef while you pay dem....

I remember bak den wen I went to change my alert phone number it was changed successfully but anytime I do online transactions to get OTP na the old number dey colet OTP while the new is just getting transaction alert so everything for this country no balance.....
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by Toktee(m): 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2022
donaytexx1:

They asked you to pay to download the e-ID card?

Download it to where?

And how much were you asked to pay?

I'm not aware of that remita and download aspect o
If you are aware why the question?
The opinions are there on the app, you pay and immediately they send the id for your knowledge the app.

So why ask Whether they asked me to pay for it?
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
inoki247:

Something about change of phone number in Nigeria dey always dey somehow maybe you still need to go dere if dey can help you print the Digital dem sef while you pay dem....

I remember bak den wen I went to change my alert phone number it was changed successfully but anytime I do online transactions to get OTP na the old number dey colet OTP while the new is just getting transaction alert so everything for this country no balance.....

All those back-end engineers they carry to create this NIMC database and app platform just don't know shishi.

That what we get when people in power pick who they want to do the job rather than select the best based on merit.

Most of those who are unemployed today are better and more skilled than those who are employed.

Database says phone number is updated.

Client App is still pulling up old phone number.

Just look at!
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by donaytexx1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2022
Toktee:
If you are aware why the question?
The opinions are there on the app, you pay and immediately they send the id for your knowledge the app.

So why ask Whether they asked me to pay for it?

I didn't see it that's why I asked.

The app asked me for NIN.

But it is still showing my old phone number which I don't have access to.

That's what is setting me back.

I haven't gone past that stage.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by JOACHINpedro: 10:56am On Dec 19, 2022
I'm on this table, this is frustrating
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by johannu(m): 3:38am On Jul 26, 2023
donaytexx1:
Honestly
This is bad.

What's all this

It's not only NIMC that is not doing well, nearly all our government institutions are ne'er-do-wells.
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by haslaw(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
cybersoldiers:

All behaves like cow.

Be like say migraine dey worry all IPOB abi?

Same criminal Obi that was stealing N250million in suite cases every month while he was governor of Anambra state
Re: NIMC's Inefficient Way Of Handling People's Data and complaints by barryatunde: 5:08am On Aug 17, 2023
angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun Election: PDP’s Ademola Adeleke Wins 17 Of 30 LGAs / Yes, I Didn't Inform Atiku When I Left PDP- Peter Obi / Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.